AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2020-04-20, 19:12   Link #321
Wandering Soul

Looks like this is where the Koji and Jiraya connection will finally be revealed .

So where does chakra come from? In Naruto we are told that it came from the fruit of a divine tree, but now all planets already have it? Unless they are talking about the natural chakra Sage mode uses.
Old 2020-04-20, 20:06   Link #322
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure this explanation about the ten tails really fit with what we learned about Kaguya in Naruto.

Amado is showing them Koji's fight with Jigen. No doubt the only purpose is for Naruto to find out Koji is Jiraiya's clone.
What doesn't fit? Kaguya ate the fruit from a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Looks like this is where the Koji and Jiraya connection will finally be revealed .

So where does chakra come from? In Naruto we are told that it came from the fruit of a divine tree, but now all planets already have it? Unless they are talking about the natural chakra Sage mode uses.
Chakra is the energy of living things. Any planet with life has it.
Old 2020-04-21, 10:47   Link #323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
What doesn't fit? Kaguya ate the fruit from a tree.
The ten tails being a mere seedling. I was under the impression Kaguya was the Jinchuriki for it, and that it was the chakra fruit that made her that way. Wasn't the ten tails itself in fact a giant mass of chakra?

The tree was also growing and feeding on people while Madara was the Jinchuriki for the ten tails too. Following what Amado explained, the ten tails itself should have been planted into the earth for the tree to grow in the first place. I don't really recall how the tree showed up in Naruto though, that's why I said I'm unsure.
Old 2020-04-21, 17:57   Link #324
bakato

Quote:
The ten tails being a mere seedling. I was under the impression Kaguya was the Jinchuriki for it, and that it was the chakra fruit that made her that way. Wasn't the ten tails itself in fact a giant mass of chakra?

The tree was also growing and feeding on people while Madara was the Jinchuriki for the ten tails too. Following what Amado explained, the ten tails itself should have been planted into the earth for the tree to grow in the first place. I don't really recall how the tree showed up in Naruto though, that's why I said I'm unsure.
The ten tails is the seedling for the tree which concentrated all of the planet's chakra into its fruit and Kaguya ate that fruit. A jinchuriki is one who has a beast sealed inside it. Kaguya didn't seal ten tails inside herself, she absorbed it. In other words, she became ten tails.

The process of nurturing a tree until it bears fruit takes time. Amado did refer to the Otsutsuki's method of nurturing as gardening and from the snippets of conversation between Momoshiki and Kinshiki, we can infer that the Otsutsuki are managing multiple trees on multiple worlds and their ignorance of Kaguya's fate implies they weren't even aware of her defection. So the Otsutsuki basically planted ten tails in the world of Naruto at some point and left, during which time humans came to be.
Old 2020-04-21, 18:09   Link #325
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Were we told whether Momoshiki ate a chakra fruit as well? Because that would mean Boruto is pretty much a ten tails Jinchuriki.
Old 2020-04-21, 18:47   Link #326
bakato

Quote:
Were we told whether Momoshiki ate a chakra fruit as well? Because that would mean Boruto is pretty much a ten tails Jinchuriki.
He surely has considering he seems to be a spoiled prince of the main family of Ohtstsuki. Again, your confusing things. Boruto did NOT devour Momoshiki like Momoshiki turned Kinshiki into a chakra fruit and ate him. Boruto just landed the finishing blow and got karma, which seems to be a revival mechanism for the Ohtsutsuki.
Old 2020-04-22, 06:57   Link #327
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He surely has considering he seems to be a spoiled prince of the main family of Ohtstsuki. Again, your confusing things. Boruto did NOT devour Momoshiki like Momoshiki turned Kinshiki into a chakra fruit and ate him. Boruto just landed the finishing blow and got karma, which seems to be a revival mechanism for the Ohtsutsuki.
I'm aware of that. What I mean is that he has an entity with massive chakra inside him that threatens to take over his body, which is pretty similar to a Jinchuriki.
Old 2020-04-22, 08:31   Link #328
bakato

Quote:
I'm aware of that. What I mean is that he has an entity with massive chakra inside him that threatens to take over his body, which is pretty similar to a Jinchuriki.
No. Whatever chakra Momoshiki possessed was lost with the death of his physical body. Karma seems to be a failsafe designed to resurrect Ohtsutsuki by absorbing and accumulating chakra from its host and others.
Old 2020-05-20, 13:10   Link #329
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Obvious question: how about cutting Boruto's hand off?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 18:43   Link #330
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With Koji on the cover page and the title being "true identity", I thought for sure it would finally be revealed that he's Jiraiya's clone. But nope, it was about Jigen's true identity, which we've known about for quite some time. Well, we didn't know there is a mini Isshiki piloting him inside his brain, and that he took over centuries ago. What was he even doing the whole time Kaguya was sealed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's probably already spread throughout his body too much.
Old 2020-05-20, 20:32   Link #331
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That may have worked if they did it as soon as Boruto got Karna, but now? Probably not.
Old 2020-05-20, 22:54   Link #332
Galaxian

Quote:
With Koji on the cover page and the title being "true identity", I thought for sure it would finally be revealed that he's Jiraiya's clone. But nope, it was about Jigen's true identity, which we've known about for quite some time. Well, we didn't know there is a mini Isshiki piloting him inside his brain, and that he took over centuries ago. What was he even doing the whole time Kaguya was sealed?
My main issue with these last couple of chapters is that they are either reiterating stuff that was either already said or made extremely obvious by now (like Momoshiki taking over Boruto and Jingen being Isshiki), or stuff that at the end of the day is irrelevant (like Isshiki didn't use karma to posses Jingen... at first). Meanwhile, the most interesting part of this arc, Koji vs. Jingen, gets relegated to the backseat.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 23:05   Link #333
GDB

The issue is they need to reiterate this for the characters' sake, but the audience doesn't need it reiterated. Especially Shikamaru's constant agitation, which really should have caused Naruto to kick him out of the room by now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 05:02   Link #334
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's probably already spread throughout his body too much.
I'd have appreciated them going right out and saying it, then.

Especially since according to the metaphor, there's still uncompressed data in there, so while cutting his hand off wouldn't be complete cure, it ought to stop or at least slow down the progression of the disease.
Old 2020-05-21, 05:38   Link #335
GDB

If it hadn't already spread to the point that he got possessed once already, plus all the times he had the tattoo go all the way to his chest, then it might've worked. But cutting it off now would likely just lead to the take over happening immediately but half assed, so he'd have to be killed anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 23:15   Link #336
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The issue is they need to reiterate this for the characters' sake, but the audience doesn't need it reiterated. Especially Shikamaru's constant agitation, which really should have caused Naruto to kick him out of the room by now.
Actually they are corroborating some theories and facts, refuting others, getting new data and with that getting actual answers. I appreciate that.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 11:07   Link #337
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Anyone read the new chapter yet?
Old 2020-06-18, 11:24   Link #338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Anyone read the new chapter yet?
Yes.

Just like Tobito, they should have gotten that obvious reveal out of the way sooner instead of milking it for ages. It's nowhere as bad as it was back then though.

I was surprised Kawaki's karma disappeared, but we already know it'll come back.
Old 2020-06-18, 12:17   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So what's the way to defeat Isshiki, throw army ants at him?
Old 2020-06-18, 15:44   Link #340
Wandering Soul

The reveal at the end was obvious, but at least they did not drag it on too long.

Amado claims that there are other options for dealing with Kawaki being than being a vessel than killing him, so the group may try out one of those methods.

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion