AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-04-12, 11:35   Link #61
Kijiki
Random Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Hidden Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The second episode was really good. So far, the series is reminiscent of early Naruto, and that's a good thing.

I'm even looking forward to the next episode. We may learn who Metal Lee's mother is! (little doubt it's Tenten, they even mention kunai throwing in the preview). He's the only one whose parentage isn't completely known.
Yay, we might know by next week if Ten is the mother.

My theory is Metal can't use ninjutsu like Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I am already getting Hinata-vibes from the Sumire girl.
Me too, but I think she only like blonde guys ahah ... like she kinda did blush to Inojin too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I hope Boruto doesn't stick too much with Kage Bunshins because he was really taking Naruto's path XD

Also, nice ending theme.
Well, in his defense that was thought to him and he only know to use, but because the first scene in episode 1 it look like he will not use that anymore, and be completely separate from Naruto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Shipper on deck! We got a shipper on deck!

Man Chou Chou is having fun teasing Sarada about Boruto. Boruto and Sarada are childhood friends. Well technically speaking the kids of Naruto's peers are all childhood friends but Chou Chou implies Sarada and Boruto are closer.

Which brings to question does Sarada like Boruto more than just a childhood friend and is being Tsundere about it?

It seems Hiashi has commissioned Chou Chou's help in furthering the Plan!

What we have here is a bit of a role reversal of Chuunin exams Naruto and Neji. Iwabe emphasizing on strength not on academics. Boruto is obviously this generation's genius.

I'd say Boruto isn't running on the coattails of the Hokage. It is just he has cheater genetics on him being a mix of Hyuuga and Uzumaki. Well technically speaking he isn't the genius of the family...
Yes, I totally agree with this ! He is a genius in street smart with a heart of Gold. Rascal but kind!
Kijiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 11:37   Link #62
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
The animation took a nosedive, but that's to be expected. They are only going to pull all the stops for special occasions.

The episode itself was really good, I like the conflict they had Iwabe since to some extent, he is right, he would have graduated and probably held as a prodigy back in the original series. I'm also liking Boruto's character more and more.

As for the shipping side of things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwW...youtu.be&t=16s
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 11:47   Link #63
Kijiki
Random Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Hidden Ice
Ending theme!

I love the ending theme....

I felt like it's telling us what will happen in the future.
It feels like some of their (children of the 11)'s friends right now will not make it pass
The next round after school. In Which , I am hoping not to happen.
It does makes sense because some of them are not in Manga.

So far there are 7 kids original in the manga. And 6 added somehow characters in anime.

Not knowing some of the names of the newer characters felt like they're not important after few episodes ... they will go separate path. Not like the 12 that we used to love.

But, I think Denki and Iwabe are the only ones staying.
Kijiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 12:29   Link #64
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
It's to get a episode that feels like it's from the early days of Naruto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I am already getting Hinata-vibes from the Sumire girl.
You're not the only one.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 16:55   Link #65
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I am already getting Hinata-vibes from the Sumire girl.
Not seeing it. Hinata had a quiet compassion, a soulful strength of heart, that made her so adorable when she was flustered (much more so than this Sumire girl) and so beautiful when she fought. She could faint at the sight of blood, but die with a smile on her lips (the perfect woman, according to C.S. Lewis). I suppose Sumire will resemble Hinata in one sense if she starts stalking Boruto, but there was so much more to her than that. I'm thinking of Sarada as closer to Hinata in a sense, as the only girls of their generation with a really solid backstory.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 23:31   Link #66
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I quite like this feeling of "normality" and peace this sequel gives. Characters here have their issues but it's not murdered family or Godzilla in stomach.

Anyway yeah Sumire is supposed be Hinata mk.2 in sense she timid girl (possibly) interested in protagonist. In other hand she doesn't seem to be as damaged as her precedessor. Where Hinata started as gloomy semi-stalker using Naruto as her emotional crutch, Sumire is relatively well adjusted in class, she has friends and even became class prez. Well she probably didn't have to deal with mess Hyugas family was so this difference is pretty understandable. That said it's pretty cute how expressionate she is and easily flustered she is.

I wonder if Naruto were like his son if they had same conditions (and vice versa)...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 01:09   Link #67
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I quite like this feeling of "normality" and peace this sequel gives. Characters here have their issues but it's not murdered family or Godzilla in stomach.

Anyway yeah Sumire is supposed be Hinata mk.2 in sense she timid girl (possibly) interested in protagonist. In other hand she doesn't seem to be as damaged as her precedessor. Where Hinata started as gloomy semi-stalker using Naruto as her emotional crutch, Sumire is relatively well adjusted in class, she has friends and even became class prez. Well she probably didn't have to deal with mess Hyugas family was so this difference is pretty understandable. That said it's pretty cute how expressionate she is and easily flustered she is.

I wonder if Naruto were like his son if they had same conditions (and vice versa)...
More than anything. Sumire just seems bad at handling pressure. She doesn't seem to suffer from the social anxiety that plagued Hinata. She acts more like a girl her age would when put up with such weird circumstances. She just comes off as weird when compared to chocho and sarada who are much more mature for their ages.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 10:22   Link #68
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Anyway yeah Sumire is supposed be Hinata mk.2 in sense she timid girl (possibly) interested in protagonist. In other hand she doesn't seem to be as damaged as her precedessor. Where Hinata started as gloomy semi-stalker using Naruto as her emotional crutch, Sumire is relatively well adjusted in class, she has friends and even became class prez. Well she probably didn't have to deal with mess Hyugas family was so this difference is pretty understandable. That said it's pretty cute how expressionate she is and easily flustered she is.
More emotional springboard than crutch, and more troubled than gloomy. She always had a beautiful positive smile, got on well with her teammates and the stalking was more in filler eps, fanfiction and the Rock Lee series. But this is all interpretation. I'd say Sumire's lack of a troubled family background renders both her positive and negative qualities less intense than Hinata's.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 10:49   Link #69
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mars
Age: 23
Not a fan of Borutos fighting style... A little originality never hurt..... Ahhh the nostalgia
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 12:53   Link #70
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
More emotional springboard than crutch, and more troubled than gloomy. She always had a beautiful positive smile, got on well with her teammates and the stalking was more in filler eps, fanfiction and the Rock Lee series. But this is all interpretation. I'd say Sumire's lack of a troubled family background renders both her positive and negative qualities less intense than Hinata's.
I don't know about filler episodes. I didn't watched anime. But yeah basically agree with last line. Sumire is basically normal girl. Witch is quality on it's own I would say.. Anyway we should learn more about her by time, she might or may not turn into interesting character, but first impression is better than I got from her predecessor.

Don't get wrong I don't dislike Hinata per se, She grew a lot, learned how to stand on own legs and earned her husbando.It's just her start (first 200 chapters or so) wasn't exactly spectacular.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-04-13 at 13:07.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 01:58   Link #71
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Haven't read much of the manga, but I know Hinata's cute ep 1 introduction was anime-only. She may spend too much time on the background, but her best qualities of selflessness and indomitable spirit were well shown in the written exam and her fight with Neji. You could say she showed the most courage in the fight where she was weakest, as well as calling out Neji's true feelings; any character flaws she has only make her more sympathetic. But this is a Hinata fanboy talking here, I'm sure she doesn't grab everyone that way.

Yes, the idea that Hinata constantly 'watches over' Naruto, and faints whenever he speaks to her are pretty much derived from filler eps, her 1st appearences in Shippuden and the Rock Lee spin-off which comically exaggerated everyninja.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 12:53   Link #72
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Didn't see any of the these, maybe it was in some movie too? Well I don't know about fainting either, but 'watching over" part is cannon.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 15:51   Link #73
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
Not a fan of Borutos fighting style... A little originality never hurt..... Ahhh the nostalgia
Boruto would have learned his fighting style from Naruto and Hinata and considering his age and the fact that he likely hasn't been in any serious fights yet, he wouldn't have likely have come up with many original moves yet. Then there is the fact that he stops putting in effort to improve himself. As such it is completely natural that he would most just use a style identical to Naruto's and the Gentle Fist style as we saw in the movie. We likely won't see him start to come into his own and find his own way of fighting until after the anime passes the movie.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 15:57   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Boruto would have learned his fighting style from Naruto and Hinata and considering his age and the fact that he likely hasn't been in any serious fights yet, he wouldn't have likely have come up with many original moves yet. Then there is the fact that he stops putting in effort to improve himself. As such it is completely natural that he would most just use a style identical to Naruto's and the Gentle Fist style as we saw in the movie. We likely won't see him start to come into his own and find his own way of fighting until after the anime passes the movie.
His chief complaint is that his father has no time for him, so how would he learn from Naruto? Then again, whom did Naruto learn from? Iruka?

Maybe Boruto learned from Konohamaru. I hope he didn't pass along the sexy no jutsu.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 21:02   Link #75
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Borutos' fighting style if i'm not mistaken is a mix between Naruto, Hinata and his mentor (not saying more due to possible spoilers) so his arsenal will hopefully be much more varied than Narutos' clone and rasengan spam.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 01:02   Link #76
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ok, episode two am really enjoying the Anime and looking forward to seeing things grow, hoping as time moves on we get into more serious fights like the one we are clearly setting up for later on.

New girl is like Hinata, you guy's are going to be hate me for this but shipping her with Boruto instead, hoping she gets more screen time and interactions with him. Can't wait for the shipping Wars to begin XD

I like Shikamaru's kid, I think he's one of my favorite characters. I also like Boruto a lot, his personality and every thing, he's pretty cool.

Animation took a dip in quality but meh, after watching One Piece Time skip episodes for a while you get used to it. I found my new favorite Anime to watch
__________________
Fullmetal Alchemest - Ed fan. Inazuma Eleven - Endou fan.
Marchen Awakens Romance - Ginta fan. KS Dadesico - Akito fan. Gintama - Gintoki. Yugioh Arc V - Yuya fan. Boruto fan. Lupin fan.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 14:45   Link #77
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
His chief complaint is that his father has no time for him, so how would he learn from Naruto? Then again, whom did Naruto learn from? Iruka?

Maybe Boruto learned from Konohamaru. I hope he didn't pass along the sexy no jutsu.
Naruto wasn't hokage all of borutos life. It has likely been only a year or 2 since he became hokage. They seemed to have a good relationship before then before naruto became busy with responsibilities as hokage.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 16:04   Link #78
Kijiki
Random Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Hidden Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Ok, episode two am really enjoying the Anime and looking forward to seeing things grow, hoping as time moves on we get into more serious fights like the one we are clearly setting up for later on.

New girl is like Hinata, you guy's are going to be hate me for this but shipping her with Boruto instead, hoping she gets more screen time and interactions with him. Can't wait for the shipping Wars to begin XD

I like Shikamaru's kid, I think he's one of my favorite characters. I also like Boruto a lot, his personality and every thing, he's pretty cool.

Animation took a dip in quality but meh, after watching One Piece Time skip episodes for a while you get used to it. I found my new favorite Anime to watch
Yes, I also like Shikadai! I think he is really a carbon copy of Shikamaru. But, in some ways Shikadai has more angst and concern to others. I am saying this because when Shikamaru was younger he is not like Shikadai. He is more lazy, and we didn't know he was a genius until later episodes.

I think the colorful intro and ending of this anime is likeable. I really enjoy the song as well. It's not deep as NS series but it got me hook. I have been watching the episode couple of times and I still enjoy it.

The Sumire girl or class rep you're talking about is only added in the anime, I do not think she will have a lot of focus compare to the other girls (ChōChō and Sarada). I do agree Sumire is enjoyable to watch. I am hoping that She will be with Denki and Iwabe's team so, they might stay longer in the series.

I also hope the two more girls that was included in the introduction and ending will have some characters too. By the looks of it the brunette pony tail girl seems shy and the short hair girl seems to have strong attitude.

Have anyone notice the two guys that one of them has the red Chinese long sleeves, and the guy with a a curly / punk outfit boys?Are those Metal Lee's teammate in the Boruto movie ? Or is it just me. They both sat with Metal in episode 2 in the last scene when they bow down to Shino-sensei.
Kijiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 18:25   Link #79
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
His chief complaint is that his father has no time for him, so how would he learn from Naruto? Then again, whom did Naruto learn from? Iruka?

Maybe Boruto learned from Konohamaru. I hope he didn't pass along the sexy no jutsu.
Naruto learned from Iruka, Kakashi, Jiraya and Killer B I think. Certainly would prefer to see no more eroke no jutsu.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 01:14   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Naruto learned from Iruka, Kakashi, Jiraya and Killer B I think. Certainly would prefer to see no more eroke no jutsu.
I meant when he was Boruto's age. He hadn't met Kakashi, Jiraya or B yet at the time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.