3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-05-26, 11:56   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Attack on Titan - Episode 54 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 54.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 12:00   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just to reiterate what was mentioned in last week thread: the licensor of the series has decided to not provide the episode as early as usual to certain platforms such as Funimation, due to leak issues. Because of this, SnK episodes aren't available on Sunday, but on Wednesday instead.

Please note that this isn't applied to every platform, hence why weekly episode threads are still created based on the usual schedule. Of course, considering SnK has been licensed for years, you are not allowed to discuss about fansubs at all.
Old 2019-05-26, 16:02   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was by far the best episode of the season.

Levi managed to reach and take down Zeke as planned. The animation was amazing during this part, reminded me of his showing against Annie. Erwin was right to wager everything on him, or he would have been... if Levi hadn't been too greedy and wished to save somebody (obviously, Erwin was first on the list) by transferring the Beast Titan to them. He should have killed him right away. He also dropped his guard and forgot the cart titan was also an intelligent one. So many lives lost for nothing.

Armin more than redeemed himself and came up with a good plan to take down Bertoldt. Too bad it involved sacrificing himself. Eren didn't kill Bert either. Will it come to bite him in the ass like what happened with Levi, or...?

Reiner was defeated by he's still not dead either. Man, that guy is resilient. There was some censorship regarding him, the manga showed him with his brain exposed when he was inside his titan, here his skull had already regenerated. Not a big deal, but people may want to know.
Hange coming out of nowhere to help them exactly at the right time and figuring out what should be done in one second felt cheap, they should have had the plan succeed from the start. Happy she's alive in any case.
Old 2019-05-26, 19:27   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Whatever your grievances you might have had with Armin last week, he definitely redeemed himself this episode. Eren uses his titan powers so much, it's easy to forget that he actually is skilled with the maneuver gear too and he even got to take down a shifter here.
Old 2019-05-26, 22:47   Link #5
Nivek von Beldo

Amazing chapter, animated have censorship but was amazing,a shame levi didn't got the chance with titan beast and RIP Armin. But amazign chapter just one of the best in the series.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 00:18   Link #6
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow. what an episode. everything was spot on.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 02:27   Link #7
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

That was unexpected.

Spoiler:
that's too much for me.

EDIT: There's also that bonus scene included in the ED of the last episode of s3 part 1. Looks like Levi is/will be furious once he finds out what happened inside the walls.

Last edited by frodonk; 2019-05-27 at 02:40.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 05:01   Link #8
crafty_bernardo

Is it actually confirmed if Erwin is dead?
crafty_bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 08:15   Link #9
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty_bernardo View Post
nope but if you look at one of the scenes in the preview you see his arm fall down.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 08:34   Link #10
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I can't believe Armin is gone. I didn't love him throughout the series, but I did like him. But now, seeing him die has changed my thoughts on him. I don't want him gone. Who's gonna be the brains of the trio now? ;_;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 08:57   Link #11
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Man......this season....

The weeks between each ep are too damn long.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 10:28   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty_bernardo View Post
Unlike Armin we don't have a body to confirm so I doubt that he's dead.

It is also possible that Armin is still alive but I'd call bullshit if he is. There's no way he could landed that fall safely in that state.

Good episode though. Having Eren deliver the blow with his gear instead of his Titan form was a good twist.

Hope Sasha is okay, though it does amaze me how far they got not being hit by flying debris considering how much was flying around.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 21:36   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I am so incredibly moved by this episode. This is how a STORY blossoms when a good production company is guiding it. Us fans are very lucky.

I gave the episode 10. I have done that probably 2 more times since I've started watching and posting in ASuki.

Not even sure what else to say as I am still absorbing how this episode played out. Perfection!

We Shingeki no Kyojin fans are incredibly lucky!!!!!!!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 00:01   Link #14
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Farewell Tomokazu Sugita character, you were too pure for this cruel world.
Old 2019-05-28, 04:07   Link #15
Applehell

Wow, Armin is toast.

In all seriously damn I did not expect that. Coming off last week this is easily the most gut-wrenching episode since the first episode of S1 for me. The Scout won the war but boy did ever came at cost, much higher than they ever had with nearly all the troops annihilated. Like with blakstealth Armin wasn't my favorite character, but I did like him so it's a shame to seem him gone. It will be ard to see Eren and Mikasa cope without him.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-05-28 at 04:53.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 16:00   Link #16
Dextro
He Without a Title

So what are the odds of them using the Serum on Armin? I can't believe they would have Levi mention it if it weren't coming into use any time soon.

I'm also happy to see Hange is alive and well, I'm guessing she'll have to take the slack up on being the brains of the group now that they killed off Armin.

Speaking of which that was a bit of a shock for me, I really wasn't expecting the show to kill him off. AoT keeps surprising I guess.

Yeah, overall an amazing episode. Bring on next week!
Old 2019-05-29, 19:29   Link #17
Decel

Can't believe Bertholdt and Reiner are still alive after this. So rage-inducing!
Old 2019-10-27, 23:01   Link #18
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hero

When everything seems lost and there's no way out of the abyss, then how would you put yourself together?

To despair and to make mistakes is human, however, just because someone trips and falls that doesn't mean they're lost forever in the darkness.

All people have strengths and flaws, and we can as well make use the most of our flaws if we can learn to know ourselves and to understand how small we are in comparison to the cruel world out there in order to stand up and, then climb up the abyss all the way from the bottom to the summit.

There's a reason why this particular episode earned widespread, critical praise in the international media that enabled Attack on Titan to upstage Game of Thrones in viewership: the drama delivered was exceptionally top-notch and blowing up the standards.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The frailty and desperation shown by our main characters delivered upon the audience a very relatable and grounded performance. Moreover, what the viewers appreciated and cheered on the most was Armin unexpectedly man-up and delivering his most human performance: he was afraid to die, and yet he mustered courage to commit to his strategy with every fiber of his life in order to buy enough time to both distract and force Bertholdt to consume his Colossal Titan stamina and, thus, leaving him a sitting duck and helpless against Eren's sneak attack.

Empasse has finally been broken by the Scouts but at a bitter and depressing cost offsetting any chances for joy and celebration now that Armin seemingly lost his life in exchange for Eren to break free from the Walls to accomplish, what originally was just a fleeting fairy-tale at first, reaching the ocean; a goal worthy of Armin to sacrifice his life to secure both survival and victory for his friends and comrades.

Losses and losses, in spite of the victories accomplished in both theathers.
The Beast Titan indulged himself too much making lightly of the deaths of the Scouts he totaled, and, literally, he was fell into his knees by an enraged Levi. Oh, the irony, how the mighty and taller had fallen by a midget but with the strength and carnage of a beast!
To enrage an Ackerman is not to invite death at your doorstep but letting all hell loose onto yourself.

The Beast Titan, a.k.a. Zeke, assumes their party has won, yet he's oblivious that 1. Levi will give him chase without rest due to his commitment to the late Erwin to take down the former, 2. Levi's rage (or any other Ackerman's) is to be dreaded, and 3. anything that stands in Levi's way gets torn to shreds until he finally wastes Zeke.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote