AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-04, 16:33   Link #381
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well that was kind of easy of them to break those girls out even though it took Archid some it took some convincing to get the Princess to come
Yeah I was like "Just punch her, she needs it!" the whole conversation.

Your people are dead or being trampled under foot there's no room for goody goody pacifism here.

(Glad some people found it funny, the princess's humor totally didnt work on me)
Old 2017-09-04, 18:43   Link #382
John117xCortana

Somehow I get the feeling that there won't be a season 2.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 20:11   Link #383
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Your people are dead or being trampled under foot there's no room for goody goody pacifism here.
Well far be it from me to denegade being a rebel for rebel sake, but it could be argued that her accepting the terms of peace and willingly becoming the Carlos's wife, she could do more for her people than leading them in a potentially (from what she knew then) USELESS and bloody rebellion that will just ensure imposition of even harsher retaliations on her peiple.

This is really only good move if there is reason they could actually win in the end.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 20:44   Link #384
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Somehow I get the feeling that there won't be a season 2.
I don't think there's enough source material for a S2.
Vols 6-7 is a new ongoing story arc that still isn't over yet.
Plus the novel's focus on mecha engineering and building makes the series pretty niche by otaku standards.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 20:51   Link #385
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well far be it from me to denegade being a rebel for rebel sake, but it could be argued that her accepting the terms of peace and willingly becoming the Carlos's wife, she could do more for her people than leading them in a potentially (from what she knew then) USELESS and bloody rebellion that will just ensure imposition of even harsher retaliations on her peiple.

This is really only good move if there is reason they could actually win in the end.
You're assuming that she would be alive long enough after the wedding to ensure that her country is safe. She could have been poisoned later after all the official business for turning over the country to Carlos occurred. Given what was done to her off camera (drugged, held hostage), she should have left when the option occurred.
Old 2017-09-04, 22:47   Link #386
Isaac Gravity

The latest twist to the opening was a nice throwback to older mech animes (showing us some key drama moments before hitting the high point of the song) not enough usage of sound effects though admittedly what little they placed was distracting overall.

The show is still a total treat but I really wish the pacing would slow down a bit. That battle against the ant queen a couple of eps back as well as the major R&D shakeups (in a series that really prides itself in such) felt rushed/too short.

Would have also loved to many of the stuff ReddyRedWolf mentioned animated.

That scientist can't be from that world, right? The airships advancements from just stealing one of Ernie's old prototypes is way to much of a tech jump.

Finally, lol @Zaloudek's super robot anime villain inspired homeland.
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 00:40   Link #387
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Yeah I was like "Just punch her, she needs it!" the whole conversation.

It's not pacifism, it's low self-esteem. She thinks she's a terrible leader (which she is) and that she can't do anything on the outside except get people killed (which isn't entirely true - she really just needs to be there and smile, maybe sign whatever her aunt tells her to). As far as princesses go, she's a terrible role model for little girls, but it's not like she's the only female on this show. Or, uh, like little girls are the target audience.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 02:01   Link #388
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Gravity View Post
That scientist can't be from that world, right? The airships advancements from just stealing one of Ernie's old prototypes is way to much of a tech jump.
No. The airships have nothing to do with Eru. They are an entirely native development and fly in different manner to Ikaruga.
And they make as much sense as Eru's tech leaps. Unless you are saying that noone except the protagonist is allowed to be smart.

Old 2017-09-05, 03:24   Link #389
The 48th Ronin

Is Gojass Tieria Erde on drugs?

And I salute Kid for his patience. Now, you're a knight.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 11:17   Link #390
zztop

Takahashi Rie (Ernie) and Takumi Yasuaki (Edgar) pilot some real-life mecha!

Ikaruga cockpit design:
https://twitter.com/TENJIN_hidetaka/...s-magic.com%2F

That's a LOT of controls compared to the other mecha models.
Old 2017-09-05, 12:10   Link #391
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

seeing that video makes me wonder what happened to Suidobashi Heavy Industry's Kuratas or for an older unit TMSUK's T-52 Enryu rescue mech along with its descendants.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 15:44   Link #392
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Although Ernie is depicted as a cute hero, but I keep getting this "kids a cold assassin" vibe during his fights. He doesn't seem to notice or care about the human fighter inside, whether he kills them or not. He just enjoys mech fights. Pretty cold-hearted, in way.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 17:23   Link #393
4th Dimension

Oh I think that's kinda intentional, or at least obvious.
For him when he is fighting, he isn't fighting other humans that are fighting using robots.. he is fighting robots, and the human is just the wetware that controls the robot..

Old 2017-09-06, 00:55   Link #394
Isaac Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Unless you are saying that noone except the protagonist is allowed to be smart.
Funny, I don't ever recall myself ever even hinting at such an assumption so it'd be wise if you refrain from doing the same.

But given what was seen & vaguely explained so far on the show, tech like an airship esp. at that scale goes beyond the scope of imagination the builders of that world have shown to have (until given a little push) thus far hence my question about the Zaloudek scientist.
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 02:17   Link #395
4th Dimension

Well their tech base seems to support them since they don't seem much more than a wood and metal construction floated via magic. So the only thing that was needed was someone getting the idea. God knows there have been PLENTY of people who were in front of their times.
And frankly the probably most ridiculous part of the setting was allways the fact that it seemed litlle to no development was happening mech wise despite a LOT of funding going to it before Ernie. This addresses that somewhat.

Old 2017-09-06, 12:35   Link #396
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Although Ernie is depicted as a cute hero, but I keep getting this "kids a cold assassin" vibe during his fights. He doesn't seem to notice or care about the human fighter inside, whether he kills them or not. He just enjoys mech fights. Pretty cold-hearted, in way.
In the LN some characters do acknowledge Ernie is scary with his mentality. Like all the wrecked mechs are his payment not the Silver Phoenix Merchants but his alone.

His thinking after all mechs should kill mechs. Wrecked mechs are beautiful too.

Ambrosius was right. Great power like that with such a prodigy was dangerous. Good thing Ernie is at their side.

King Leotamus sent Ernie to ensure his headstrong son the crown prince comes back alive.

Zaloudek's mistake was thinking Fremevilla wouldn't do anything. A country the size of or exceeding the entire Occident/West that doesn't have limitations in manufacturing Silhouette Knights. They attack their citizens and steal their tech now they have the gall to attack those related to the royal family and an ally country?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 08:55   Link #397
zztop

Ep 11 preview, Hit & Away.

Meanwhile, Vol 8 of the Knights & Magic LN will release this 30 Sept 2017.
This release will break the author's tradition of releasing 1 volume a year.

The anime will cover up to Vol 5 of the LN, and concludes the Zaloudek war arc.
Vol 6-8 is a brand new story arc (if my info is right).
Old 2017-09-07, 19:32   Link #398
Greenish Growth

It looks like a Tholian in that screenshot.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 13:46   Link #399
Tiberium Wolf

Ep 11 at 15:50 the etherite seems to be in penis shape
Old 2017-09-10, 13:55   Link #400
RDNexus

You noticed it too, huh?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechs