AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-25, 06:20   Link #6661
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That's really hard to answer without knowing what you (dis)likes about League. 6 months ago we were on 7.09, now we're on 7.21 so obviously a lot has changed. Apparently the next patch will be the start of season 8 and with it comes the new runes system. If nothing else you might want to look that up as well as the changes to IP and blue essence.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 15:13   Link #6662
Kreceir

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-11-06, 20:11   Link #6663
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There's some very OP stuff in the AD/AP sections. Quite content with the support stuff. Started playing again couple of weeks ago after decent net finally hit my area. State of the game looks so much better than when I had to stop playing in February.
Old 2017-11-06, 23:07   Link #6664
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I never thought LoL would ever feature the 1000 year old loli archetype. Oh well, her alternative skin looks a lot like Futaba, so I guess it's ok?

EDIT: Heh, voiced by English Futaba herself. Wonder if they're going to get Aoi Yuuki do her JP voice?

As for me, I'm only coming back for the preseason and then getting to gold once the new season starts. Finding out what's OP and abusing it makes for an easier climb, especially when you're soloing flex q where it's a party bottom every 5 mins. XD

Sadly, the removal of the old runes/mastery combination does take out a lot of the advantages one can eke out, as the combinations aren't as many now. Like Soraka having Warmogs online as early as lvl 12, without hampering your early game much kind of thing. Which is unfortunate, since I play tank(ish?) junglers and enchanter supports, and losing the OP keystones (Windspeaker/Courage) without equivalent replacements is disheartening. But I guess that's what the preseason is for, where people haven't figured out the meta yet and you take advantage of it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2017-11-07 at 00:20.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 01:59   Link #6665
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

With Paladins undergoing a very undesirable series of changes, I've decided to bite the bullet and return to Runeterra. I dunno why, but despite the toxicity associated with games like League, I just can't seem to peel myself away from it. (I blame the skins.) Fortunately, I'm better equipped to battle the toxic behavior I'm about to encounter once again.

I hope things aren't as bad as when I left League the first time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 02:20   Link #6666
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
With Paladins undergoing a very undesirable series of changes, I've decided to bite the bullet and return to Runeterra. I dunno why, but despite the toxicity associated with games like League, I just can't seem to peel myself away from it. (I blame the skins.) Fortunately, I'm better equipped to battle the toxic behavior I'm about to encounter once again.

I hope things aren't as bad as when I left League the first time.
I've found it considerably better than when I stopped early this year then came back a month ago once I got better net in my area. There's incentives for being a proper player now. Games I've been in have far less raging than I remember. Community seems to be better now.

Either way, it's definitely better than Overwatch's community, DotA's community and infinitely better than Counterstrike's community.
Old 2017-12-10, 16:52   Link #6667
IceHism

What was bad about league to begin with? The only toxic thing i've ever encountered was some guy messaging me after losing to me that i stole his champ in a normal draft. It was an easy mute. I'm more tilted at people or myself playing bad than people intentionally playing bad.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 18:14   Link #6668
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My main issue was joining a clan (at a time when Discord wasn't a thing yet) only to get ganged up on chat by my supposed clanmates when I started playing bad. In short, toxicity that extends to what was supposed to be the only way to avoid toxic behavior in solo queue.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2017-12-17, 08:46   Link #6669
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
What was bad about league to begin with?
Nothing. Games aren't toxic, people are. It doesn't matter what you're playing, those people can be found anywhere. Just mute, report and forget them.
Personally I turned off /all chat as soon as the option got released and I haven't regretted the decision a single second.
Old 2017-12-17, 10:15   Link #6670
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Nothing. Games aren't toxic, people are. It doesn't matter what you're playing, those people can be found anywhere. Just mute, report and forget them.
Personally I turned off /all chat as soon as the option got released and I haven't regretted the decision a single second.
Eh I'd say theres a tiny to 0 amount of Maps while HoTS has many and each different in lot of ways.
Old 2017-12-17, 10:39   Link #6671
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That's great although I fail to see how that is connected to toxicity.
Old 2017-12-17, 18:45   Link #6672
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My first few games aren't toxic, surprisingly.

However it's more like a normal match becomes a test of whoever destroys the nexus first with one's teammates leaving the game.

Old 2018-03-25, 17:25   Link #6673
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I have the biggest grin of my life right now.
Old 2018-03-25, 19:46   Link #6674
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I have the biggest grin of my life right now.
Because TSM finally didn't make the finals in a split? Mithy...so overrated.

But in all fairness, Korea will stomp all over any other region. King Zone, Afreeca and KT Rolster are in deadly form. If 100 Thieves and Fnatic are all the other regions can offer, they would be lucky to win 1 game in a Bo5.
Old 2018-03-26, 03:18   Link #6675
Awrya
U mad?

Zven & Mithy went from one of the best botlane in EU to looking extremely medicore in NA.

C9 and TSM will likely not qualify for Worlds through circuit points, so they either have to win summer or win gauntlet.
Old 2018-03-26, 13:38   Link #6676
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Because NA finally has a final without TSM/C9/CLG. Yes there's some degree of Schadenfreude but it's mostly looking forward to finally breaking up the mold.
Old 2018-06-13, 12:34   Link #6677
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

8.11 - the patch that made ADC champs vanish....

I get they wanted to shake things up and make games faster....But I'm not seeing much variety in the lineups....

Vladimir, Yasuo, Darius - they tend to be the carries. Shen appears a lot. Aatrox is suddenly relevant. Taliyah is permabanned. Support pool got almost as wounded as the marksman pool.

Maybe people will try more things in the coming weeks. But I'm already weary of seeing Vladimir and Yasuo EVERY game.
Old 2018-06-14, 19:40   Link #6678
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

They nerfed crit itemization. ADs that aren't reliant on them are still massively prevalent. Ezreal, Kaisa, Lucian are still extremely strong.
Old 2018-06-14, 23:14   Link #6679
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
They nerfed crit itemization. ADs that aren't reliant on them are still massively prevalent. Ezreal, Kaisa, Lucian are still extremely strong.
Lucian is a high priority ban. Kai'sa needs a lot of time to ramp up enough. Ezreal is Mundo/Vlad fodder.
Old 2018-06-15, 06:06   Link #6680
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Of course they can get banned, that's not really a counter-argument to their strength. Taliyah is permabanned on red side, that doesn't change that she's one of the best junglers in the game.
Kaisa and Ezreal both need some time to scale up true but their item spikes come early enough and the meta is perfect for them.

Tags
league of legends, lol