AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 06:53   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:12   Link #2
Neko Haruko

This episode only needs one word to describe it. Oh. Shit.

Spoiler for Episode 8 spoilers:
Old 2007-08-23, 16:21   Link #3
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Uh oh, as soon as I saw Rina I knew there would be some trouble going down in this episode.

Rika freaking out in the clinic was great. I'm glad the freaky faces aren't nearly as bad as they were first season. And Rika had a right to be pissed.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:34   Link #4
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Indeed she did

Edit: Raw is out

Last edited by Sterling01; 2007-08-23 at 17:02.
Old 2007-08-23, 17:52   Link #5
Rias

Great episode, every event is well spaced out, and they didn't really leave anything important out. It's good to see lots of famous quotes in this epsiode, but too bad Rena's respond to 1500s is cut out. Dark Rika at the hospital was also nicely done.

Spoiler for Episode Quick Summary:
Old 2007-08-23, 18:44   Link #6
MrZombie

I'm certainly starting to like Keiichi more. The way he stood up to Shion there was hardcore. Plus Rika's freak out was very nice as well.
Old 2007-08-23, 18:49   Link #7
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=268

Kind of annoyed in the complete and drastic switch in tone and attitude between last episode and this one. There was absolutely no transition at all between the hope at the end of the last episode and well... this one. Meh.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:46   Link #8
HigurashiNeze1231
Drama pl0x

Send a message via AIM to HigurashiNeze1231 Send a message via Yahoo to HigurashiNeze1231
Well I can't really give any real insight until the subs are out, but from watching the raw...

Spoiler for Bad attempt at episode 8 summary:

Also, it looks like they toned down the freaky faces so it's more realistic, but Rika kinda freaked me out. O_o

EDIT: Subs are out. Going painfully slow though... probably gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by HigurashiNeze1231; 2007-08-25 at 01:39.
Old 2007-08-23, 20:12   Link #9
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=268

Kind of annoyed in the complete and drastic switch in tone and attitude between last episode and this one. There was absolutely no transition at all between the hope at the end of the last episode and well... this one. Meh.
Why should there really be a transition? Teppei coming back always has Rika giving up on a world. Everytime, because nothing ever works, Satoko always stays with him until her mind snaps and/or someone loses it and kills Teppei. His return and the fact that no is able to do anything about it besides someone killing Teppei, means given the past worlds, Rika has every right just to simply give up despite the promising start.
Old 2007-08-23, 20:25   Link #10
MarthX

But the problem is he came out of nowhere.
Old 2007-08-23, 20:43   Link #11
MezzoDragon

Rika is kinda lucky; thrashing around in the clinic without having a wardrobe malfunction. Still, she needs the other to save her girlfriend. I hope the sub appears soon.
Old 2007-08-23, 20:47   Link #12
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

For some reason it did look like her clothes were about to fall off
Old 2007-08-23, 20:55   Link #13
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
Why should there really be a transition? Teppei coming back always has Rika giving up on a world. Everytime, because nothing ever works, Satoko always stays with him until her mind snaps and/or someone loses it and kills Teppei. His return and the fact that no is able to do anything about it besides someone killing Teppei, means given the past worlds, Rika has every right just to simply give up despite the promising start.
The problem isn't that he came back, just how disparate the tone was between the end of the last episode and the start of this one. Last episode ended with everybody laughing and hopeful, etc etc, and there wasn't even a dawning "oh shit, things are about to head south" moment here. It opened with Rika already flipping out and everything totally back in the crapper. Imagine watching the two episodes one immediately after eachother, you literally go from an episode building up hope to... not it all crashing down, but it already gone. It'd be fine if there was at least some attempt at a bridge, but there's absolutely nothing, just an immediately and drastic shift in tone and outlook.
Old 2007-08-23, 21:09   Link #14
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just so you know thats how it basically happens in the game too
Old 2007-08-23, 21:30   Link #15
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
The problem isn't that he came back, just how disparate the tone was between the end of the last episode and the start of this one. Last episode ended with everybody laughing and hopeful, etc etc, and there wasn't even a dawning "oh shit, things are about to head south" moment here. It opened with Rika already flipping out and everything totally back in the crapper. Imagine watching the two episodes one immediately after eachother, you literally go from an episode building up hope to... not it all crashing down, but it already gone. It'd be fine if there was at least some attempt at a bridge, but there's absolutely nothing, just an immediately and drastic shift in tone and outlook.
I think this way is better, since it does give a sort of "shock" by showing you how things can go down this fast.
Old 2007-08-23, 21:37   Link #16
Chewy

The sudden change bugged me too. It made me feel like I missed an episode in the middle or something. It wouldn't have felt so "unnatural" if they gave just a little bit of foreshadowing at the end of the previous episode.
Old 2007-08-24, 03:06   Link #17
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The sudden change bugged me too. It made me feel like I missed an episode in the middle or something. It wouldn't have felt so "unnatural" if they gave just a little bit of foreshadowing at the end of the previous episode.
Agreed, the sudden jump from a hopeful atmosphere to another depressing one just kinda shocked me (though I was kinda prepared, this is higurashi afterall)

That Rika's pissing off scared me though, even though I know she has every right to be pissed off, but to think she would do something like THAT just completely escapes my mind.

Keiichi certainly deserves some praise in this episode, his courage to stand up to Shion shows yet another time he changed fate.

Let's see how this arc goes
Old 2007-08-24, 03:31   Link #18
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Wouldn't K1 get a concussion from getting hit on the head with a desk

and Rika breaking down at the end was done really well
Old 2007-08-24, 05:15   Link #19
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

geh... *loves exams*..
Summary is up, though no screencaps. (ho well, aroduc post them anyway ^^)
Episode 8 : Summary, screencaps and thoughts.

the rest should be up soon.

as for my opinion: i wasn't expecting nothing else than this, and again DEEN doesn't disappoint in that aspect.
The start HAS to be upsided down: it was exactly the mood they have to do. The spiral of despair isn't something which is always "gradual", but can hit the batshit HARD, and this is what MrZombie said : when Teppei arrives, it is completely a reversal of the whole situation.
That pretty much explains why Rika begun to be so erratic. if it wasn't that shitty in one blow, she would simply crawl in despair like before.

i would have definitely complain if they were trying to go easy on us, and slowly making things doomed. but no, this is exactly what it should be, and they didn't even forget about Rina's death, which is the answer of Tatarigoroshi-hen (the corpse so to speak)

the pace was much more neat than last week, and they delivered nicely everyone feelings. (especially the dreams were well inserted here)
My my... many KOOL K, and we will have even more later on !

a very strong episode, and next episode will be even more intense for this case ^__^

EDIT : the preview of EP9 is up
http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php

one thing to say : they didn't forget kameda, and various HUGE points are shown.
next episode will be epic.
K~~~~~~~!

EDIT 2
: screecaps and thoughts are up !

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-24 at 13:22.
Old 2007-08-24, 08:34   Link #20
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
this episode is OH MY ******** GOD!. Bye bye rina!!!
Closed Thread