Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 08:03   Link #681
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

ep 11--
Goodness. These guys are good at making things creepy.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 12:51   Link #682
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watched ep 10 just now, Of course first segment is still the best. Even after rewatched, i still have to laugh at that bed room screen with the doll. Ika-chan's arts of course is hilarious. Her bright smile is super cute (remind me of Rika Furude). And the manga drawing, "it's as close as the original" is probably the best

And while i really smiled at how silly Sanae stretched herself at first, i really feel sorry for her later on..... It's great that she can get back to find her own happiness.

The third segment was quite heart-warming. It shows how Ika can have friends with a bunch of normal girls. Now I really want to see a grown up Ika, or at least see how one will be like...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-12-14 at 13:02.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 13:48   Link #683
Midonin
Last Engage

The Nohmen Rider theme is on the OST, I am thusly satisfied, and take my leave once more.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:21   Link #684
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

I'm just surprised that ika wasn't more bothered about the thing in the first skit.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 12:11   Link #685
klare

"Art is difficult to understand" haha...

i was a bit pity about Sanae, until she grabbed Ika-chan from behind and get whacked again, well she is not wrong to go for happiness
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 13:56   Link #686
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Nabiki Tendo??

Episode 11, second act
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 15:57   Link #687
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Whoa...

That preview for ep 12 was more surprising than the episode that preceded it.

Last edited by Starks; 2010-12-15 at 16:15.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 16:43   Link #688
Blaat

The one thing that surprised was the the final episode remark in the preview, I'm really going to miss Ika-chan.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:40   Link #689
U<3Anime
Boo!

"I want to tell you something. I know a secret to you~" WTF!?

Ever since I saw a Chucky poster, dolls became a phobia for me and always will be.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:56   Link #690
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Geh, this is without a doubt the creepiest episode of Ika Musume. The first one...dolls are just scary, the one in this episode even more so. I really don't fault Ika Musume to be afraid of the doll, I'd do the same thing too if I were in her position. The second one is less creepy, but there's still Chizuru's eyes (twice!)...

Strangely, Sanae doesn't go wild over Ika Musume in this episode! In fact, in the third segment, although going all the way to the top of the hill just because she's not invited is a bit much, compared to the usual antics that's nothing (I can see that happening often in real life, actually). Maybe she learned to rein in her impulses from the last episode after all?

But overall, another good Ika Musume episode. I'm so sad that the next episode will be the last one, this is definitely must-watch anime for me, probably the one I can enjoy the most this season and is without a doubt the most consistently good anime. I wonder what are the chances for second season? I think there should be enough material (at least later on) but I don't know how the sales go...judging from all the fan work it seems quite popular though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Nabiki Tendo??

Episode 11, second act
Yeah, that strikes me too when I first see it! Maybe she's having a summer vacation to the beach?
Old 2010-12-15, 18:12   Link #691
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I wonder what are the chances for second season? I think there should be enough material (at least later on) but I don't know how the sales go...judging from all the fan work it seems quite popular though.
Well here are some amazon preorder dvd rankings, take it for what it's worth

Quote:
It juuuuust missed the second place. Ika-chan is cute anyway. I'm expecting some beastly sales.

and actually...Volume three is even higher than Index due to mini-ika musume inclusion;
Old 2010-12-15, 18:37   Link #692
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Nabiki Tendo??

Episode 11, second act
Aha, then the one next to her with the ponytail over her shoulder must be Kasumi?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:37   Link #693
Kenn
Stomp

Johnny and Depp scared the daylights out of me. Reminds me of Furbies. Back then everyone thought they were cute and cool, but holy crap. Doesn't help that they also turn and talk.

Btw, Sanae was normal in this episode!! She looked really good in that sundress.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:46   Link #694
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well here are some amazon preorder dvd rankings, take it for what it's worth
That's eleven kinds of awesome. I figured this would do well on DVD, but hopefully this is enough to get us a 2nd season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 20:30   Link #695
DarkLordOfkichiku

Episode 11 was nice . Though the first bit was a bit creepy

Anyway, squidgirls are amazing if they can go up against a king cobra and survive largely unharmed from it (the king cobra is one of the more feared snakes in Asia after all)!
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 00:19   Link #696
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Aw, I'm sad this is ending. I came to the realization when they said in the preview that the next one would be the last episode. I hope this gets a second season.

This show and season in general has been lots of fun.
Old 2010-12-16, 06:14   Link #697
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's eleven kinds of awesome. I figured this would do well on DVD, but hopefully this is enough to get us a 2nd season.
Yep, it's nowhere near a guarantee, but it seems like a good sign. Thanks for the info, totoum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Episode 11 was nice . Though the first bit was a bit creepy

Anyway, squidgirls are amazing if they can go up against a king cobra and survive largely unharmed from it (the king cobra is one of the more feared snakes in Asia after all)!
But really, what kind of mountain trail it is that has not only monkeys, but brown bears and King Cobra close enough to hikers to attack them? I don't even feel that Japan is natural habitat for King Cobras...then again, neither is it for Squid Girls.
Old 2010-12-16, 11:41   Link #698
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
But really, what kind of mountain trail it is that has not only monkeys, but brown bears and King Cobra close enough to hikers to attack them? I don't even feel that Japan is natural habitat for King Cobras...then again, neither is it for Squid Girls.
I LOLd pretty hard when the king cobra showed up. One of the things I love about this show is that it makes no effort at explanation when preposterous stuff happens - it just lets the insanity wash over you.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 14:14   Link #699
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I honestly never thought I would be saying this but chibi Eiko was ridiculously adorable!
Eiko on the whole is a nice chracter, funny but you really can't think cute with her but I was proved wrong for a moment and it was such a adorable moment

2nd segment I think is best summed up with

"OH MY GOD!"

Ika-chan arguing with her echo was rather quite amusing and despite how crazy Sanae is, she was crazy hot in the red heels and dress!

Beach volleyball ep next?

About time!
Old 2010-12-16, 18:30   Link #700
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, monekys are common enough in Japan, as are brown bears AFAIK. Dunno about king cobras though. Maybe the area is a nature reserve?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life