AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 21:24   Link #5901
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Are you referring to the word "waive"?
Yeah, it's most likely the one, thank
Old 2012-06-21, 08:51   Link #5902
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Do nice guys often, if not always, finish last?

Because after my recent debacle I think it's time to reassess my stubborn adherence to my beliefs after 10 years worth of constant failure.
Depends what you're talking about, but it definitely seems that as I get older, niceness and kindness are overrated. The top leaders of business, industry, and politics are quite often self-absorbed and some could even say sociopathic. Aggressiveness and confrontational personalities, when coupled with the right amount of skill, can bring you much further, on average, then an equally skilled, selfless individual. That's just the cruel reality of this world. We aren't as far removed from 'survival of the fittest' as one would hope.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:29   Link #5903
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Got a silly idea here from reading this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Only a total boss would snort ice cream.
Is it, healthy to snort food/liquids up your nose? I don't, neither do I know anywho who does so...
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:10   Link #5904
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
No. You can choke yourself easier and food needs to be chewed before you swallow it. It's easier for the stomach to break it down. Unless you mean snorting chewed food. Then what the fuac You also don't taste the food. Tasting food gives your brain signals both to prepare your body for digestion, and also pleasure for eating delicious things.

I know you can become wasted instantly for sniffing alcohol over a Bunsen burner. University dorm people try funny things.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:24   Link #5905
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I have got an outbreak of rashes on my legs again.....went to see a doctor and she told me to shave my legs before applying topical cream. The last time I had this, I didn't have to; this lady doctor told me it is for hygiene reasons. Do I really have to shave them?

Now those hairless limbs look so......girly.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:27   Link #5906
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post

Is it, healthy to snort food/liquids up your nose? I don't, neither do I know anywho who does so...
It's more of dirty than being healthy or not...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 13:26   Link #5907
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post

There is the potential that some of that food/liquids may end up in your lungs which may cause pneumonia. So yeah...

Endless "I'm not a Doctor, but I play one on AnimeSuki" Soul
Old 2012-06-21, 21:55   Link #5908
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No. You can choke yourself easier and food needs to be chewed before you swallow it. It's easier for the stomach to break it down. Unless you mean snorting chewed food. Then what the fuac You also don't taste the food. Tasting food gives your brain signals both to prepare your body for digestion, and also pleasure for eating delicious things.

I know you can become wasted instantly for sniffing alcohol over a Bunsen burner. University dorm people try funny things.
Ah...sorry about that, guess I should've originally mentioned foods that really didn't have to be chewed. Like noodles (at least not too long in length) or ice cream.
Opposed to as you mentioned, snorting chewed food (eww...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
There is the potential that some of that food/liquids may end up in your lungs which may cause pneumonia. So yeah...
Well that's not a good outcome.

Anyway, thanks for the answers!
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:44   Link #5909
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I have got an outbreak of rashes on my legs again.....went to see a doctor and she told me to shave my legs before applying topical cream. The last time I had this, I didn't have to; this lady doctor told me it is for hygiene reasons. Do I really have to shave them?

Now those hairless limbs look so......girly.
Body hair is a paradise for small bacteria and things that desperately want to claw you open and slurp all the soft juices inside and poop in the claw marks to make it even more tasty. So yes... shaving the legs before applying medicine is a good idea.

Try this experiment --- shave your armpits before applying deodorant. Nearly all men will find their armpits stink much less and the deodorant lasts much longer. Far fewer bacteria farting in the area, so to speak.

The proper question though is was the lady doctor a cute loli... if so, then it doesn't *matter* why she says to do it
Old 2012-06-22, 02:53   Link #5910
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ So that's why my deoderant never works.

Endless "Jungle" Soul
Old 2012-06-22, 03:06   Link #5911
Seitsuki
Onee!

Of course if you shave it will grow back faster and thicker than before!!!

.....*learnt the hard way*
Old 2012-06-22, 04:44   Link #5912
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Body hair is a paradise for small bacteria and things that desperately want to claw you open and slurp all the soft juices inside and poop in the claw marks to make it even more tasty. So yes... shaving the legs before applying medicine is a good idea.
My leg hair isn't very thick in the first place to start with. But she says that the prescription is for 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, I have to keep shaving, and keep cutting those scabs running the razor over my legs.

Quote:
The proper question though is was the lady doctor a cute loli... if so, then it doesn't *matter* why she says to do it
She's just a plain Jane who is actually good at pronouncing drugs, or I am wondering if she is showing off as a kuudere. My reaction (jokingly) was, "Wait, I am supposed to shave that off? That is my man pride!", and she said, "It is not like you will turn into a girl shaving that off. That is why you see ladies rarely get leg rashes."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 10:39   Link #5913
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Try this experiment --- shave your armpits before applying deodorant. Nearly all men will find their armpits stink much less and the deodorant lasts much longer. Far fewer bacteria farting in the area, so to speak.
So how would a guy go about doing that? I'll bet that you don't simply pick up a Gillette and hack away.
Old 2012-06-22, 16:13   Link #5914
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So how would a guy go about doing that? I'll bet that you don't simply pick up a Gillette and hack away.
Actually... that's exactly what I do (Fusion 5-blade). I wouldn't suggest a rotary electric razor though :P

First time - use scissors to get everything short if that's an issue (or one of those electric straight edge trimmers (the ones with all the various heads).
Apply shaving cream. You might want to use a fresh blade unit? Just like one's face - figure out what directions work best for uneven surfaces.
Old 2012-06-22, 16:58   Link #5915
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Actually... that's exactly what I do (Fusion 5-blade). I wouldn't suggest a rotary electric razor though :P

First time - use scissors to get everything short if that's an issue (or one of those electric straight edge trimmers (the ones with all the various heads).
Apply shaving cream. You might want to use a fresh blade unit? Just like one's face - figure out what directions work best for uneven surfaces.
Gotcha. This was actually bugging me for a while now and I never got 'round to ask
Old 2012-06-22, 19:17   Link #5916
Shadow5YA

What is the source/who is the girl on the Animesuki forum banner at the top of the page right now?

Spoiler for image:

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-06-22 at 19:39.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 19:43   Link #5917
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
You really are serious to know who she is huh?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 19:47   Link #5918
Shadow5YA

Well... the thread did promise serious answers even for silly questions.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:53   Link #5919
HasuMasu
*Artist

What the hell? I can use Google just fine if it's from the home-page.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:20   Link #5920
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

What the hell? I can use Google just fine if it's from the home-page.
http://support.google.com/websearch/...n&answer=86640

If you follow the instructions and its still a problem - its likely your machine is behind a NAT'd network and one of your fellow users/customers of the ISP who is also behind the NAT wall is doing bad things - at that point you'd have to talk to your ISP.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious