AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-13, 15:45   Link #661
ookamigirl

So they need an equivalent exchange to get Hakaze back.
It sounds simple enough, but it's so totally not.
Looks like Samon had a back up plan if he ever needed Hakaze.
OMG Mahiro's sister was the back up plan by the Tree of Genesis.
It's scary how things work in weird ways in their world.
Mahiro is just selfish. He sees no other goal but his revenge even when there are some many other things at stake.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:58   Link #662
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
OMG Mahiro's sister was the back up plan by the Tree of Genesis.
It's scary how things work in weird ways in their world.
That was just Samon's idea to mess with the two boys and try to get them to hesitate more and to get Mahiro more on his side again. It doesn't work either with the information/theory we got at the end of the episode since it turned out the killer wasn't one of the clan.

Anyway based on the preview at the end of the episode it looks like Hakaze will get off the island next week.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 16:47   Link #663
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Official site announced the VA for upcoming character Megumu Hanemura.

Hanemura will be voiced by.....
Yuki Kaji! Yay~

/ducks for cover
I'm so ready when he makes his appearance.
Old 2012-12-13, 17:19   Link #664
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I hereby dub episode 10 "Bakemonogatempest." In a good way.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 21:29   Link #665
shinigami99

Solid episode as usual, hopefully Hakaze comes back soon and our 3 protagonists together for once, rather than separated by time. I wonder how they are going to pull this off while surprising all of the fanbase (well those who haven't read the manga). I just feel that it's going to be tough considering how many theories people have come up with in the last couple of episodes.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:17   Link #666
garbage

so it' was a Mage of Exodus who killed Aika as some have speculated, or is Aika herself a Mage of Exodus .... hmmm

finally we saw how Junichiro's "power" works. I guess something akin to Kihara Amata in his fight against Accelerator in To Aru Majutsu no Index, basically using the Mages own shield against them. well don't ask me for details ahaha.

another good episode, too bad for the army though got wiped out by a couple of fruits. Lucky for evangeline she's with junichiro and natsumura.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:29   Link #667
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, I'm torn. It seems obvious they want you to now assume Aika is this mage of exodus. Sure, it would mean she'd have killed herself, but hey...if it's for the greater plan...

Now, while they didn't say, I'm guessing that one can presume that this mage of exodus may not be controllable by the Tree of Genesis. Which, if true, means that while it may seem like Aika's death was done to facilitate Hakaze's rescue and "winning", if Aika is the mage of exodus, it's possible that's all only superficial and there's something far deeper going on that her death favors her-not Hakaze-in some way. And, if Hakaze can get around being dead in the present, who's to say Aika can't at some future date?

Anyways, I think it's amazing how we've spent a number of episodes standing on a rock talking back and forth to each other, and I'm not pissed at all. If Naruto was half this intelligent, I wouldn't mind it when they spend 10 episodes yelling at each other in the middle of a fight either.

So, these mages aren't supposed to kill? Such semantic reasoning is what lead to the Nazis to exterminate 12 million people in concentration camps. I mean, that's an awful lot of people these mages have killed/turned to stone indirectly. Or, in a more tongue-in-cheek vein, killing is ok if the tree says it's ok.

Ok, not sure where we're going from here. Hakaze is almost certainly going to come back. I'm going to go ahead and jump on the Aika train and say she is the mage of exodus (even if that seems too obvious, and the show has enjoyed peeling back layers slowly, which would suggest their unspoken suggestion that she is the mage of exodus in this episode would mean she can't possibly be...if that makes any sense ).

I call Aika vs Hakaze in episode 23/24, with Yoshino having to make the tough choice between the two. And, hey, maybe Aika's plan was to have Yoshino so ingratiate himself with Hakaze that Hakaze will be caught flat footed when Aika returns and crooks her finger at her boy toy. Kidding. Sort of.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-12-13 at 23:49.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:44   Link #668
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I found the whole "we can't kill" thing completely laughable. How many cities have these people destroyed over the past couple years? Pretty damn convenient logic they are working with. How hard anyways can it be to get forgiveness from a tree that doesn't mind that you are working to revive it's bitter enemy?

Well glad they are working their way into getting Hakaze back. Though have to wonder where they hid this great piece of civilization. Somewhere easy to get to, but hard enough that Hakaze wouldn't stumble upon it while living out life on that island.

Kind of weird though how they brought up this method. Moving Hakaze's flesh from the past into the future. Just kind of creepy what they are trying to do here. Fling her over time and stick her organs and everything into this skeleton.
Old 2012-12-13, 23:54   Link #669
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Because that onesan no chichi(big sister's boob) is amazing
Quote:
someday it will have a beautiful outcome
Gosh! why Shakespeare didn't come up up these ideas.
Now, we can safely assume where Hakaze picks up the indecent act, such as picking up "cell phone" with her boobs. Junichiro is not just failing exam. He is also a failing big brother role model. He's like the guy from "Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai ". When it comes to ecchi, his is fully motivated.

It makes more sense that Samon does not kill Hakaze. Killing a person requires the forgiveness from the Tree. Killing a Hakaze is impossible for asking forgiveness. Afterall, Hakaze is protected by the Tree.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 02:02   Link #670
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, I guess I was half right. No exchange of present!skeleton with past!Hakaze, but rather, past!Hakaze's flesh will be transported to present!skeleton to make her whole again. Very weird considering that her flesh would be 2 years younger than her skeleton, and that skeleton might have been damage in the two years it was out in the elements, but hey, it's called magic for a reason.

And now it's making sense. Aika better damn well be the Princess of Exodus, because well...
1) she did say something about illogical not necessarily means its wrong right in this episode (and remember, everything happens for a reason!)
2) her influence is much too great for her to be someone of no power, and
3) if her Shakespeare counterpart is to be Ophelia/Juliet, then she damn better well have commited suicide

Of course, the biggest hole in this guess is why would the Princess of Exodus want to be the cause that triggers the rescue of the Princess of Genesis? I mean, why would the Tree of Exodus set the wheels in motion for what will be the stoppage of its revival? It doesn't make sense, but then again, it's main facet is it being illogical, so maybe shooting itself in the foot is 'in character'...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:38   Link #671
Bern-san

Good episode as usual, but I'm hoping that they've spent some budget for next episode because it's going to be awesome.

I'll just mention a couple of things about Junichirou that was omitted during the episode:
1. That technique was taught to him by Maya, the previous leader of the clan. He is the only one who can use it because of that,
2. The main purpose for learning that technique was to stop Hakaze momentarily (if it was necessary).

Also, Princess of Exodus? I'll just stick to "Magician of Zetsuen" translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I found the whole "we can't kill" thing completely laughable. How many cities have these people destroyed over the past couple years? Pretty damn convenient logic they are working with. How hard anyways can it be to get forgiveness from a tree that doesn't mind that you are working to revive it's bitter enemy?
Well, Tetsuma himself said after the army was wiped out that it was good that they won but it was nothing to celebrate because people died. I suppose their logic is that since the Tree of Beginnings will wake up eventually and destroy all civilization, why not wake up the tree of Exodus first despite that people will die but not everyone?
But yeah, the whole thing is pretty messed up either way in my opinion
Old 2012-12-14, 06:39   Link #672
TimeSkip

Does Hakaze need to go to the future? Once she finds that piece of civilization, she can use magic and do whatever she wants in her timeline.

Which one is easier?
1. finishing off Samon in the past who has not done anything much
2. going to the future where Samon is on the verge of awakening the tree of Exodus

About time paradox, it's just the paradox of one of the millions possible futures. To Hakaze, that future is not different from an illusion.

Besides, that future is going to be to "corrected" by the tree of Genesis if Hakaze succeeds anyway.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:52   Link #673
Kakkou
Tch.

BD/DVD Vol.1 cover:

Orz

Oh God why did they have to put "Blast of Tempest" in big letters? Why? *cries*
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 09:11   Link #674
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
BD/DVD Vol.1 cover:

Orz

Oh God why did they have to put "Blast of Tempest" in big letters? Why? *cries*
I tried my hand at de-texting it, not really a pro's work but here ya go.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:01   Link #675
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I tried my hand at de-texting it, not really a pro's work but here ya go.
Spoiler for pic:
I was despairing over the fact they ended up using that silly English title on the JP release but thanks for de-texting it anyway. =D
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 10:19   Link #676
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Does Hakaze need to go to the future? Once she finds that piece of civilization, she can use magic and do whatever she wants in her timeline.
From what I gather, Zetsuen no Tempest follows a singular timeline (contrast it to the many worlds/timelines of say, Noein). This is evidenced by the fact that whatever Yoshino instructed Hakaze to write in the barrel appeared in the present state of that item. As such, in order to preserve the world's logic (being the Princess of Genesis and all), she really can't create a paradox.

Now if it was the Mage of Exodus on the otherhand...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 10:45   Link #677
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, I guess I was half right. No exchange of present!skeleton with past!Hakaze, but rather, past!Hakaze's flesh will be transported to present!skeleton to make her whole again. Very weird considering that her flesh would be 2 years younger than her skeleton, and that skeleton might have been damage in the two years it was out in the elements, but hey, it's called magic for a reason.

And now it's making sense. Aika better damn well be the Princess of Exodus, because well...
1) she did say something about illogical not necessarily means its wrong right in this episode (and remember, everything happens for a reason!)
2) her influence is much too great for her to be someone of no power, and
3) if her Shakespeare counterpart is to be Ophelia/Juliet, then she damn better well have commited suicide

Of course, the biggest hole in this guess is why would the Princess of Exodus want to be the cause that triggers the rescue of the Princess of Genesis? I mean, why would the Tree of Exodus set the wheels in motion for what will be the stoppage of its revival? It doesn't make sense, but then again, it's main facet is it being illogical, so maybe shooting itself in the foot is 'in character'...
well no one ever said the princess of exodus must support the tree exodus...it's up to the person's choice after all... especially since it is aika that we're talking about, i'm sure she will rather choose her boyfriend and her brother rather than the world, in this case tree of exodus will...aika might have some power of divination and "see" that tree of exodus will cause great problem thus with combination of cunningness and sacrifice she make all of this happen...

a manipulator even after death...she must be laughing from beyond the grave.. a true aizen...even more than yoshino...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 11:02   Link #678
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well it's not like her skeleton continues to grow after her "death", so it should be just fine. The world's logic favors her as Samon's constantly reminds us.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:42   Link #679
Xacual

I'm sure she could use magic to fix any possible problems too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:50   Link #680
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They specialize in healing magic, so, yeah. Plus, Samon may have taken steps to ensure the teleport would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Well glad they are working their way into getting Hakaze back. Though have to wonder where they hid this great piece of civilization. Somewhere easy to get to, but hard enough that Hakaze wouldn't stumble upon it while living out life on that island.

Kind of weird though how they brought up this method. Moving Hakaze's flesh from the past into the future. Just kind of creepy what they are trying to do here. Fling her over time and stick her organs and everything into this skeleton.
Did they explain about the fruit in the anime? I don't remember. Besides, remember the stakes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen