AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 18:01   Link #1
Iron Maw
Banned

Noragami

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=56588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manga Updates
Yato is a minor god whose dream is to have a lot of followers worshiping him and praying to him. Unfortunately, his dream is far from coming true since he doesn't even have a single shrine dedicated to him. To make things worse, the only partner he had to help him solve people's problems, had just quit the job.

His godly existence and luck just might change when he stumbles upon Iki Hiyori and saves her life; a feat which also leaves her in quite a predicament so she is stuck with him until her problem gets resolved. Together with Hiyori and his new partner-weapon Yukine, Yato will do everything he can to gain fame, recognition and just maybe, one shrine dedicated to him, as well.
To give the least amount of spoilers I can, the series is essentially about the lives of a broke god, a narcoleptic girl who has a "special condition" and one other character which is best not to say anything of. Only 3 chapters are scanlated so it's hard to say where this is going, but it's pretty entertaining at the moment with cast being likable. The premise itself is nothing too original, but it has a couple of interesting twists and the art is great.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-08-08 at 22:19. Reason: Better synopsis
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 11:33   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gave this a shot just now, and it's decent. The girl's 'condition' is pretty interesting too. I don't like bratty loli/shota chars though, but Yato and Hiyori are a pretty solid set so far =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:03   Link #3
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, Yato and Hiyori are pretty good leads so far, I think I'm going to reserve some judgement on kid as we haven't got screentime on him yet.

Spoiler for some thoughts:
Old 2013-07-19, 19:05   Link #4
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 6-7

*looks at the last post date*

It's been a long time huh?

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2013-07-20, 03:54   Link #5
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Agreed on all points. I was chuckling at the point with the binbougami though. That part was pretty funny. Also I think Vaisravana is less experienced than Yato, or at least more naive. She has a lot of Shinki but she pulls back and charges in at all the wrong times. Compared to Yato, it feels like she's quite indecisive. Probably one of the problems of havin too many options is the lack of distinction of which option is the best option.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 07:41   Link #6
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Agreed on all points. I was chuckling at the point with the binbougami though. That part was pretty funny. Also I think Vaisravana is less experienced than Yato, or at least more naive. She has a lot of Shinki but she pulls back and charges in at all the wrong times. Compared to Yato, it feels like she's quite indecisive. Probably one of the problems of havin too many options is the lack of distinction of which option is the best option.
No, it sounds more like she is stubborn to the point where she overlooks any "evil" as long as it is on her side. Yato called her out on it and she said it's fine as long as she can get rid of him.

Mostly likely the Shinki Yato killed was corrupt to some extent and corrupting Vaisravana due to the connection between shinki and deity. Vaisravana gets pissed because one of her allies dies, and Yato being Yato probably didn't care to explain himself. This is probably also why Yato doesn't have a shrine currently - he may have had one in the past, but was "demoted" after that incident.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 22:07   Link #7
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 8-9

I knew was getting Yandere vibes from Nora after her encounter with Yato for a reason. She's clearly not the type understand the word "no". What's really strange here is that despite being a Stray Shinki she's very attached to Yato. There was a small flashback that suggested Yato and her might have known each other since childhood, so the reason is probably related to that. Still having the title character being antagonist is pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Mostly likely the Shinki Yato killed was corrupt to some extent and corrupting Vaisravana due to the connection between shinki and deity. Vaisravana gets pissed because one of her allies dies, and Yato being Yato probably didn't care to explain himself. This is probably also why Yato doesn't have a shrine currently - he may have had one in the past, but was "demoted" after that incident.
After recent chapters I think that particular Shinki's death had more to do with Nora then Yato or the Shinki itself.
Old 2013-09-21, 00:33   Link #8
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 10-11

Yukine is finally starting to get some character development, I doubt this will get rid his resent towards the living right away, but it's step towards that. At least he realizes that without Yato he doesn't have anything.
Old 2014-01-01, 11:14   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 13

I love how she just blurts this out and the following reaction.

Old 2014-01-10, 08:56   Link #10
@GEMC

what is Bishamonten relationship with yato did she only want a revenge
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 23:02   Link #11
Shadow5YA

So what exactly is up with Nora? Her situation doesn't make much sense to me.

I understand being the Shinki for multiple gods at once is bad (each god molds their Shinki a certain way, leading to a distorted mess I guess, or "used goods" ).

What I don't understand is her condition. Is she corrupt and impure like Yukine was or not? Her creepy nature and transformation to a giant bug certainly implies such, but if she was impure, Yato's connection to her should have caused him some pain from the impurity just like he did with Yukine.

So just what is she?
Old 2014-01-16, 02:06   Link #12
Excorsism

Quote:
So what exactly is up with Nora? Her situation doesn't make much sense to me.

I understand being the Shinki for multiple gods at once is bad (each god molds their Shinki a certain way, leading to a distorted mess I guess, or "used goods" ).

What I don't understand is her condition. Is she corrupt and impure like Yukine was or not? Her creepy nature and transformation to a giant bug certainly implies such, but if she was impure, Yato's connection to her should have caused him some pain from the impurity just like he did with Yukine.

So just what is she?
Having only sparse bits of Yato's background makes it kinda hard to answer, . If anything, maybe the concept off "impure" depends on the disposition of the Shinki. For someone innocent like Yukine, I can see why the things he did early in the series led to impurities. Nora's a different story. Guess I'll reread the chapter with Yato talking about how the Shinki and Gods work to Hiyori.

Also, I felt stupid for not realizing it earlier but I didn't realize that the guy (whatever his name was) that stole Hiyori's first kiss has the same silhouette (hell, it's probably the same guy) as the "father" at the end of chapter 37. I don't know what the hell's going on there, .
Spoiler for Pedo Father:

Last edited by Excorsism; 2014-01-16 at 02:22.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 10:36   Link #13
DarkRaven
GOD

poor hiyori, her first kiss was with mr pedo father lol
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:25   Link #14
Shadow5YA

Yukine is a cute kid now that he got all of that teenage angst out of his system.

But with how innocent he is, I still can't believe he's only a year younger than Hiyori

Just to be certain, did that Shinki die or was he turned into one of those wolves?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-01-19 at 22:36.
Old 2014-01-20, 00:01   Link #15
Excorsism

Quote:
Yukine is a cute kid now that he got all of that teenage angst out of his system.

But with how innocent he is, I still can't believe he's only a year younger than Hiyori

Just to be certain, did that Shinki die or was he turned into one of those wolves?
He's dead (like beyond dead, ).
Old 2014-01-20, 01:23   Link #16
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 14

This chapter. Dem feels.

But yeah, I was confused at what happened at the end too. i still have no idea why Nora so stuck on Yato though. Surely there are other gods that can forfill his place and besides she known as a drifter among Shinkis. She's really not living up to her name, on the other hand she gets creeper by each appearance.
Old 2014-01-20, 04:03   Link #17
Breimoon

i think since it was shown that Yato is really kind to shikis compared to other ones(he even risked his life for yukine) she wants to slowly break him.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 04:33   Link #18
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

And the minor gods attack again. This seems to be a pretty popular theme these days.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 07:30   Link #19
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
i still have no idea why Nora so stuck on Yato though. Surely there are other gods that can forfill his place and besides she known as a drifter among Shinkis. She's really not living up to her name, on the other hand she gets creeper by each appearance.
If you really want to know...
Spoiler for raw spoilers:
Old 2014-01-20, 07:43   Link #20
@GEMC

what is yato background as a God, is he only a minor God?
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote