AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 18:54   Link #641
juve

Wasn't paying attension but did Rita travel with Kaiser in the end? Cause it would suck if she wsn't part of the trio.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 04:16   Link #642
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Wasn't paying attension but did Rita travel with Kaiser in the end? Cause it would suck if she wsn't part of the trio.
No, we don't see Rita at all in the epilogue. (My headcanon is that that Kaisar as a new captain in the Orleans Knights used his influence to get her an apothecary shop in town. The girl's really good at mixing those potions, and she was the daughter of a doctor, so it's a good job she can have now that everything is settling down. )
That was one of the reasons that I don't think that Kaisar just up and abandoned his post. He's rather hang out with Favaro than go to a coronation and he's learning to let loose some. However, I don't think he'd be that irresponsible. Also, it wouldn't be right to just leave Rita hanging, especially since she kind of made herself his travelling buddy.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 05:04   Link #643
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
No, we don't see Rita at all in the epilogue. (My headcanon is that that Kaisar as a new captain in the Orleans Knights used his influence to get her an apothecary shop in town. The girl's really good at mixing those potions, and she was the daughter of a doctor, so it's a good job she can have now that everything is settling down. )
I think it's more likely that she's with Bacchus...

Quote:
That was one of the reasons that I don't think that Kaisar just up and abandoned his post. He's rather hang out with Favaro than go to a coronation and he's learning to let loose some. However, I don't think he'd be that irresponsible.
But this goes completely against of what he said in the last scene. Also he was wearing his traveling clothes, not his knight armor.

I think it's fairly clear that Kaisar left his new life to travel with Favaro to save Amira and perhaps meet Rita again as well. Irresponsible or not, I think this fits well with Kaisar's character arc. He spent years of his life desperately hating Favaro (while at the same time being heartbroken over this) and having the shadow of his family and lost status hanging over him. By the end he's free of all this and he goes and enjoys his new found friendship and freedom.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 20:49   Link #644
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

A great end to a great show, definitely deserves anywhere from 8-10/10.

Also, found this while I was looking up some articles for the anime, but apparently the show was a prequel of sorts to the anime. Of, since that was said a couple of months ago, the chance of a sequel doesn't get any lower.

Also, meet Beelzebub as seen in the card game.
Spoiler for Beelzebub:

And a description from his base form:
Quote:
Liberated from the strictures of heaven, Beelzebub recreated himself. The form he sculptured was one to make the hearts of the righteous fester with revulsion and contempt

If a season two comed out, maybe Beelzebub reforms himself as this. Also, if it does come out, I want Orchis to appear!

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 23:35   Link #645
Darthtabby

A commenter on Random C illustrated just how different this series might have been by posting a link to this game PV (not sure if its for the regular card game or some spin off).

Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 06:32   Link #646
Tenzen12

It does't realy look like related to SnB. Isn't that some kind of spin-off/adaptation/sequel of Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Light novel that has nothing to do with neither card game or this show (didn't read, but it's supposed be school thingy)?

PS:Can anyone identify that second voice in PV? I am sure heard it before (and more than once).
Old 2015-01-07, 10:47   Link #647
Albel VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It does't realy look like related to SnB. Isn't that some kind of spin-off/adaptation/sequel of Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Light novel that has nothing to do with neither card game or this show (didn't read, but it's supposed be school thingy)?

PS:Can anyone identify that second voice in PV? I am sure heard it before (and more than once).
I've just visited the official site, and while it has little to do with this show, it's actually related to the Cygames' Shingenki no Bahamut card game somehow. The title of the video is "Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Academy, Special PV". Some of the characters who appeared in the PV also featured in the official site, in the "character voice" section.

As for the singers, one of them (Gurea's VA) is Fukuhara Ayaka (福原綾香) and the other (An's VA) is Hikasa Youko (日笠陽子). I think Hikasa Youko's voice is the second one in the PV, she also voiced Mio from K-on, and Steph from NGNL for example.
Quote:
My headcanon is that that Kaisar as a new captain in the Orleans Knights used his influence to get her an apothecary shop in town. The girl's really good at mixing those potions, and she was the daughter of a doctor, so it's a good job she can have now that everything is settling down.
I approve! "Atelier Rita: Alchemist of the Undead" has a nice ring to it. I'd play that game~
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 11:30   Link #648
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hikasa have a very identifiable singing voice, so yeah.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 14:18   Link #649
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think it's more likely that she's with Bacchus...
Why would she hang with Bacchus, there is nothing for her too do there. She doesn't drink and she has no interest in bounty hunting.

Quote:
But this goes completely against of what he said in the last scene. Also he was wearing his traveling clothes, not his knight armor.

I think it's fairly clear that Kaisar left his new life to travel with Favaro to save Amira and perhaps meet Rita again as well. Irresponsible or not, I think this fits well with Kaisar's character arc. He spent years of his life desperately hating Favaro (while at the same time being heartbroken over this) and having the shadow of his family and lost status hanging over him. By the end he's free of all this and he goes and enjoys his new found friendship and freedom.
Actually I don't think it goes against it at all. I watched the entire series again, and Kaiser has absolutely no interest in bounty hunting. And even in his travelling clothes, everyone still called him a "knight" despite the fact that he hadn't gotten his title back yet. Which means that knights basically do go around and travel around without their armor, and they are not always with the larger Orleans knight groups. I do think that Kaiser will travel with Favaro for a while, but while they are friends they live by completely different codes. Favaro understands that, which was why he said what he did about Kaiser's bounty hunter days being behind them. I think that Kaiser and Favaro will continue being friends and journey together at times, but Kaiser will stay a knight, while Favaro will return to being a bounty hunter.

I think that goes with Kaiser's arc as well in that he's able to let go and defy duty when he wishes, but that doesn't mean his entire character has done a 180, he's not suddenly turned into Favaro, he's just learned to let go a little. Also, like most friends, I think that them travelling together for too long would actually make them get on each others nerves.

I think Amira's arc is over and that Favaro meant to release her, which was what he said in that last goodbye to her. When he's saying that Bahamut will return, I think he means like eventually, as in decades or even centuries later. I don't think he's going off to look for it at all an is just going on with his life (in the direction the wind blows as he says).

But hey, that's my interpretation, and you have yours.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 18:18   Link #650
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Hardly. Saikjaku no Bahamut is mecha not magic.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 03:05   Link #651
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
A commenter on Random C illustrated just how different this series might have been by posting a link to this game PV (not sure if its for the regular card game or some spin off).

It's Mysteria Academy. The place and it's students have shown up in various events in the game. Since although the events that come out for rage of bahamut are random, they'll frequently add sequel events that continues an earlier one's story, so they have several event compilations of sorts that when looked at entirely makes a rather compelling storyline. Mysteria Academy is just one of those compilations. Judging from the video, It's dealing with Mysteria's first two events which were back to back besides a pvp competition in between.

The first Mysteria Academy Event: http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Mysteria_Academy
The immediate sequel: http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Anne_and_Grea_vs_Evil

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 00:52   Link #652
Darthtabby

So it's basically a promo video to highlight one of the game's event storylines?

I'm actually a touch disappointed it wasn't a trailer for another TV anime. While that video definitely looked a lot more typical of modern anime, it still looked vastly better than most of the mage academy anime series I've seen.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 23:12   Link #653
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I rewatched this as we head toward season two, "Virgin Soul," starting in April. MAL reports it will have 24 episodes this time around.

I found Bahamut immensely entertaining again this time around. I remain impressed with the writing. To take an online card game and make such a fully-realized story took a lot of talent. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. I assume that cygames and Comcast will provide MAPPA with another substantial budget even if they have to make twice as many episodes. It would disappointing if the sequel didn't live up the original in terms of illustrations and animation.

By the way, Rita appears in the PV that's on that MAL page, so she'll be back. Not so sure about Amira though. Even more disturbing is the absence of Jeanne. There's a male knight who looks something like her, but really Jeanne was the most beautifully drawn, and sexiest, character in the show. I'd hate to see her go.

cygames appears to be printing yen. Its Shadowverse game earned over $100 million in just half of 2016. The entire market for online card gaming is estimated to reach $1.7 billion in 2017. All told that's only a bit less than total Japanese revenues for animated works, including foreign ones, of $2-3 billion.

Last year someone spent $6,000 in a single night trying to acquire a rare item in one of cygames products. That caused something of an uproar in Japan, so much so that the stock market valuation of online gaming companies fell $1 billion in response. Sounds a lot more lucrative activity than producing anime.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-01-29 at 23:46.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy