AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 28.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 49.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-18, 00:25   Link #81
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
Very funny episode! Wasn't it strange that Ayu said her parents were on vacation yet she claimed she lost her mother when she was younger?
Not strange at all; Ayu was probably lying.

Remember, her first appearance in the show was as a taiyaki thief.
Old 2006-12-18, 08:18   Link #82
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
2guuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
"Recently there have been many unauthorized uses on the internet. Please notice that it is strictly prohibited by law to distribute or circulate pictures and images of TV programs through the internet without the permission of their rightful owner."
thanks for the translation

btw, i couldnt get at first what Mai had to do with dancing. now that i look at her name it kind of becomes obvious.

Last edited by nikorai; 2006-12-18 at 08:23. Reason: update
Old 2006-12-18, 10:54   Link #83
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

KAWAII KAWAII KAWAII....a welcome smile after the heart-breaking departure of Makoto. Glad she wasnt forgotten instantly. Neway, thanks KyoAni for giving us ippai ippai Moe moments. Nayuki and Ayu, please sleep together with each other...zutto...zutto
Old 2006-12-18, 13:38   Link #84
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Very good point. Actually, watching Yuuichi ask some of the girls if they had a dress that he could borrow for Mai had me laughing out loud at the mental picture I was getting of the results. OK, here are some measurements from the character bios on the Kanon website:
  • Mai - 89/58/86 height = 167
  • Ayu - 80/52/79 height = 154
  • Shiori - 79/53/80 height = 157
Can you imagine what Mai would look like wearing a dress/ball gown borrowed from one of those two??!! Tako-san wiener indeed!
Oh yeah! Mai pwns everyone!
Old 2006-12-18, 19:22   Link #85
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the 3 sizes? oh noes as if shiori is lacking behind ayu in chest size *cry*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-18, 20:13   Link #86
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the 3 sizes? oh noes as if shiori is lacking behind ayu in chest size *cry*
*cough*

Remember, thats merely chest circumference, height must be factored too when considering bust size.

*feels a bit like a pervert...*
Old 2006-12-18, 22:25   Link #87
Skane
Anime Snark

Not to mention the ribcage, since Ayu is probably plumper than Shiori.

Quote:
Ayu:
154cm, 41kg
80/52/79
07 Jan

Nayuki:
164cm, 47kg
83/57/82
23 Dec

Makoto:
159cm, 46kg
81/55/79
06 Jan

Shiori:
157cm, 43kg
79/53/80
01 Feb

Mai:
167cm, 49kg
89/58/86
29 Jan

Kaori:
164 cm, 48kg
83/55/81
01 Mar

Sayuri:
159cm, 45kg
84/55/82
05 Apr

Mishio:
159cm, 44kg
80/53/79
06 Dec

Akiko:
165cm, 50kg
86/57/83
23 Aug
Cheers.
Old 2006-12-18, 23:16   Link #88
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Finished Episode 11. It's pretty good, for all of the reasons everyone else has just stated. It's good that KyoAni has not forgotten to maintain at least the shadow of Makoto's presence after her arc has finished; as long as they keep it up for the next few episodes at least, I'll be happy. And while KyoAni didn't manage to fit Ayu into the last stretch of Makoto's arc, they made up for it by showing that at least Ayu didn't forget about Makoto either.

As for the animation quality, the dip is more noticable this time round. However, I believe why this is so is because the KyoAni animators have kinda lost track of their priorities; I'm inclined to think they blew a large portion of this episode's animation budget on the fantastic cloudy-sky scenes, and ended up having to cut corners in other scenes. Someone give me a hammer so I can smack whoever in KyoAni was responsible for that poor planning on the head, please. Nevertheless, it was still far better than many I have seen.

So, final reckoning? As this episode is relatively low on the heavy drama content, it was never going to stand a chance at a perfect score.....nevertheless, it easily gets a 9 from me. They tied the loose ends of Makoto's arc competently, and just as competently set the stage for the next arc. Signs are that it's going to be Mai's, but somehow I get the feeling they're actually going to take interleave one step further by doing her's and Shiori's arc in parallel. And honestly, if they can do it well, I can't ask for anything better.

Some of the moments I liked best:

1) 2:58 to 3:15. Double-Tomokazu stand-up routine FTW! I'd love it if KyoAni gives Jun a bigger share of the comedic routine this time round, as opposed to the nonentity he was in Toei. Seki deserves better, and he actually seems to step up his game whenever he's paired off with Sugita.

2) 11:03 to 11:23. Ayu-chan Nayu-chan double-team beatdown FTW! I'm surprised that KyoAni forgot to give Yuuichi a stunned expression, the kind of expression a dictator has when he's suddenly faced with a revolt by two parties he's always managed to tread on. That would have SO completed the whole deal.

3) 12:45 to 12:47. "Wow, that really was one second."

First Makoto, now Ayu. I wonder which girl is gonna say that next.

4) 13:56 to 14:30. Oh, how I wish there would an Ayu-Yuuichi dance in a ballroom setting...

5) 15:10 to 15:17.

Ayu: "The bath is ready!"
Nayuki: "Then let's get in together."
Yuuichi: "Yeah? Then don't mind if we do."

This is the SECOND time Yuuichi's tried to get in the bath with a girl. The SECOND time. And this time, it's with TWO girls.

What I would give to have Yuuichi's brand of guts...

6) 17:15 to 17:22. OMG kawaii desu ne!!!!!! If this scene wasn't in the original game, I hope they'll include this in a remake of the VN.

7) 17:51 to 18:07. Is it just me, or has Yuuichi's fitness improved enough for him to keep up with Nayuki without dying by now?

8) 19:21 to 19:35. Once again, the Tomokazus did it!!!

9) 21:21 to 21:34. This is going to be by far one of the best scenes I've seen in Kanon, I'm sure of it. LOL, I thought Mai finally got mad at Yuuichi, but then she turns and goes after a demon. Best. Twist. Ever.

10) Not one of my favourite scenes per se, but one for some thought. 21:38 to 21:43. It seems that KyoAni's Mai actually has a fair bit of trouble with the weight of her claymore this time round. Contrast that with Toei Mai, who can wield the same claymore and still leap over Toei Yuuichi's head like a master kunoichi, no problem.

To DanielSong39:

Improve on the 2002 ending. Improve on the 2002 ending. Improve on the 2002 ending. Are we ever going to hear anything new from you?

Fresh, original approaches to dealing with tragedies, indeed. This is what you're asking from a storyline that goes all the way back to 1999?

Please, adjust your expectations to reasonable levels.

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2006-12-18 at 23:29.
Old 2006-12-18, 23:53   Link #89
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
To DanielSong39:

Improve on the 2002 ending. Improve on the 2002 ending. Improve on the 2002 ending. Are we ever going to hear anything new from you?

Fresh, original approaches to dealing with tragedies, indeed. This is what you're asking from a storyline that goes all the way back to 1999?

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I hate to say this, but I suggest you give up rather than feed the troll. Though if you must, at least lace the victuals you feed him with ... erm ... take a wild guess ... *wry, evil grin*

But yeah, your description of the episode more or less nailed it on the head from my point of view. You also saw things from what I mentioned earlier in the thread, only I heavily laced my post with spoiler tags. Though as Skane said in another thread, if you watched a print with the credits translated or know how to read Japanese, read the credits AND you haven't seen the ToeiAni version, you're more or less already spoiled.

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-19, 00:00   Link #90
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I hate to say this, but I suggest you give up rather than feed the troll. Though if you must, at least lace the victuals you feed him with ... erm ... take a wild guess ... *wry, evil grin*
'Tis true. I was really thinking of making him look dumber than he already is, but come to think about it...it's not like he exactly needs the help.
Old 2006-12-19, 21:31   Link #91
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Anyone that plays the game notice that the title song finally made it in an episode? Not the opening song or the first song in the game but the one that plays on the title menu. Not a great song but thought I'd point it out.
Old 2006-12-19, 22:03   Link #92
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
I was really thinking of making him look dumber than he already is, but come to think about it...it's not like he exactly needs the help.
True enough. You know, as they say, "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-19, 22:44   Link #93
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:

To DanielSong39:

Perhaps what he might have in mind in terms of improving on the 2002 ending would be found in this link : http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=231
Old 2006-12-19, 22:58   Link #94
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Ouch man, ouch...You guys really enjoy "cutting up the bridge and bringing it down" on his head, don't you?

Oh yeah, Mai pwns all in bust size, I see. What struck me as more particuarly interesting is that Mai just about gobbles everything Yuuichi brings to her. Does she have a big appetite, or does she just enjoy eating about everything that's edible, or something else entirely?
Old 2006-12-20, 02:23   Link #95
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Ouch man, ouch...You guys really enjoy "cutting up the bridge and bringing it down" on his head, don't you?
I don't recall saying anything about bridges, though I DID hint about cyani.... oops, did I say that out loud? *angelic*

Besides, explosives are a lot more fun. *readies a MOAB and a C-130 Hercules*

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-20, 03:04   Link #96
Skane
Anime Snark

Good grief. How did a show about 'Sad Girls in Snow' turn into a discussion about conflict and explosions?

I'll let Nayuki do the talking.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-20, 03:06   Link #97
DanielSong39

Not sure. Maybe they were thinking about Code GEASS?
Old 2006-12-20, 03:19   Link #98
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Given the recent turn of events, more like Code SOS- Rebellion of Haruhi.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-12-20, 05:14   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Good grief. How did a show about 'Sad Girls in Snow' turn into a discussion about conflict and explosions?

Cheers.
thats golden ~ i just love how she makes that angry but soft face expression ^_^ yuuichi you jerk how could you ignore such a cute cousin

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-20, 06:05   Link #100
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
*buys Minase Jr. seven strawberry sundaes, and hopes she's appeased enough to not come after me with her boxcutters*
Closed Thread