AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) Characters!
Sanzenin Nagi 71 31.98%
Ayasaki Hayate 88 39.64%
Maria 69 31.08%
Katsura Hinagiku 156 70.27%
Nishizawa Ayumu 72 32.43%
Kijima Saki 15 6.76%
Tachibana Wataru 15 6.76%
Saginomiya Isumi 42 18.92%
Aizawa Sakuya 52 23.42%
Segawa Izumi 63 28.38%
Hanabishi Miki 19 8.56%
Asakaze Risa 8 3.60%
Katsura Yukiji 13 5.86%
Harukaze Chiharu 33 14.86%
Kasumi Aika 11 4.95%
Sonia Shaflnarz 12 5.41%
Linn Regioster 13 5.86%
Klaus 5 2.25%
Shiranui 13 5.86%
Tama 15 6.76%
A-tan 49 22.07%
Ten no Koe (Narrator) 46 20.72%
Others 3 1.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-25, 13:42   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll , the place when you can adorn you favourite characters and support them expressing all of your love! This is your chance to vote characters from the second season of Hayate no Gotoku!!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:54   Link #2
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

God i want to vote for so many of them.

1. HINA. By far my absolute favorite. Gotta vote for her.

2. Hayate. Entertaining to watch. Funny. Always nice. Now if he would only drop Nagi and see that Hina likes him :P

3. Maria. Cute, Kind.

4. Ayumu. Really came out this season. Funny, cute and determined, but not possessive.

5. Miki. Just for the Miki x Hina moments
Old 2009-09-25, 15:02   Link #3
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I only picked my top 3, which, in order, is: Segawa Izumi (but of course), Sakuya Aizawa and Ten no Koe.

I have to give props to Ayumu this season, but I can't say no to Sakuya or the great narrator man.

Edit: Wow, Izumi is tied for second right now? XD

Last edited by qwertyman; 2009-09-25 at 20:25.
Old 2009-09-26, 01:46   Link #4
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Considering this is the 2nd season of the anime, I voted for my top 4:

1. Nagi
2. Katsura Hinagiku
3. Maria
4. Ayumu

Nagi got the top of my list, pushing Hinagiku from the top, because in this season of the development of her character, mostly through the telling of her past. Another character development is that she is now more influenced by Hayate and isn't as pushy. Again, Kugimiya Rie did a fantastic job for the VA of Nagi.

Katsura Hinagiku was just pushed down from top down to second, just barely. Although her role has grown dramatically and the addition of Hinagiku's realization in her romance for Hayate helped, I feel as if there wasn't as much character development as Nagi. If they had brought more details for her past more, I would stick her at top once more. Again, Shizuka Ito did an awesome job voicing Hinagiku.

Maria stayed third. Although she did get more attention and her involvement of the episodes grew, it wasn't enough to upset the top two positions for me. Tanaka Rie did another great job at being the VA for Maria.

I decide to extent my top three to top four to include Ayumu. Her role has grown the most in this season and her influence over Hayate has also grew. Mikako Takahashi has done a much better job at voicing Ayumu this season in my opinion; enough for me to extend my top three to top four and make an impact on me.

Edit: I forgot to mention. A-tan would have received a vote from me if not her the minor role she played in the second season. Hopefully in the next season she plays a much bigger role.
Old 2009-09-28, 10:47   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ayumu
Nagi

To think there would be a day where I put Nagi ahead of Hinagiku... Curse you, JC Staff...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-28, 19:23   Link #6
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

omg wheres hina and maria's pic! AHHH
Old 2009-09-29, 08:56   Link #7
xKeen

Segawa Izumi,probably the cutest character of them all.Her voice is just...wonderful
I like Nagi alot too,but segawa just somehow overwhelms her. I feel guilty not voting nagi xD
Old 2009-09-29, 09:14   Link #8
Keio
Serious Business

Ten no Koe. Most awesomest narrator in any series. Ever.
Old 2009-09-29, 15:34   Link #9
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hayate
Maria
Hinagiku
Ayumu
Sakuya

TOP 5 !

Lol no pic for nagi .
Old 2009-09-29, 22:58   Link #10
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
This poll is showing me that Hinagiku is first (as to be expected), but Ayumu is second and Izumi is third. Is it due to the nature of this poll or do they actually reflect how popular they are on AS?
Old 2009-09-29, 23:01   Link #11
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
This poll is showing me that Hinagiku is first (as to be expected), but Ayumu is second and Izumi is third. Is it due to the nature of this poll or do they actually reflect how popular they are on AS?
Probably a decent representation. From what I recall in various threads, a lot of people like Ayumu and Izumi, just generally not as their #1 girl.

The thing that gets me, though, is for as vocal as A-tan fans are that she's tied with Miki (and has been for a few days now).
Old 2009-09-30, 07:29   Link #12
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Favourites

5) Wataru - any character that has a harem composed mostly of his childhood friends always gets a thumbs up in my book (Yuiichi from Kanon being the only other one from memory). I suppose you could also put those girls under him, though personally, Nagi still comes out on top in comparison to all the others.

4) Hinagiku - was a tossup between her and Maria...

3) Maria - ...but Maria's trip back to school was just made of epic win. Plus the fact that she has less focus when compared to Hina.

2) Hayate - still living by the words taught to him by his childhood ex-girlfriend? Two thumbs up, especially when if you really look at it, they're pretty much chivalrous (if a bit outdated) ways of thinking.

1) A-tan - Consider her above Miki as of this writing.
Old 2009-09-30, 08:13   Link #13
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

The thing is, this poll is mostly for those who watch the anime, not read the manga. Surprising that by that logic A-tan has any votes at all because she was only shown in maybe 5 mins of screen time all together and said one line. Im guessing most, if not all, the votes for A-tan are from manga readers. I personally am barley over where the second season ended off in the manga so i barley know her. Thereby even if she turns out to be my favorite character, i wouldn't know at this point.
Old 2009-09-30, 13:48   Link #14
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
The thing is, this poll is mostly for those who watch the anime, not read the manga. Surprising that by that logic A-tan has any votes at all because she was only shown in maybe 5 mins of screen time all together and said one line. Im guessing most, if not all, the votes for A-tan are from manga readers. I personally am barley over where the second season ended off in the manga so i barley know her. Thereby even if she turns out to be my favorite character, i wouldn't know at this point.
Lol its true i agree XD
Old 2009-09-30, 13:51   Link #15
Riza-chan
Only Happy When it Rains~

Hinagiku.

I liked her in the first season but the second made me a fan~
Old 2009-09-30, 14:32   Link #16
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
The thing is, this poll is mostly for those who watch the anime, not read the manga. Surprising that by that logic A-tan has any votes at all because she was only shown in maybe 5 mins of screen time all together and said one line. Im guessing most, if not all, the votes for A-tan are from manga readers.
I pondered whether inserting her in the poll or not, but since I figured she would have had her fair amount of votes, I thought I didn't want people to flood the "Others" options. If in a poll the "others" options is one of those with the higher number of votes, someone not familiar with the series may enter the thread and say "hey, what kind of characters did you put in the poll then?"
Hence I just decided to give A-tan her own spot to shine. It also serves for us non manga readers as an appetizer for a 3rd season, doesn't it ?

A-tan aside, the character with the most considerable ratio between minutes of screentime and votes is certainly Izumi, I guess she's just way too cute, outside and inside ("Hayata-kun!"). I'm glad for Ayumu, among my favourites since the first season, now having her own well deserved moment of glory.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:21   Link #17
justsomeguy

Besides Hina and Ayumu, I liked Haru and Aika:

* Haru: a fun character with two completely different personas. I still can't figure out which one is the "true" personality.

* Aika: obviously a sociopath who hides her evilness under a kind smile
Old 2009-09-30, 21:16   Link #18
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

strangely i started to like izumi as well since her "arc" happened, they creator is putting to many good girls in this anime/manga im going to explode
Old 2009-10-01, 17:42   Link #19
Miraluka
Banned

Nishizawa Ayumu
Ayasaki Hayate
Katsura Hinagiku
A-tan
Saginomiya Isumi
Maria
Nagi errrrrr... her voice is so irritating(I blame Rie -shrill- Kumigiya for that)
Old 2009-10-01, 17:55   Link #20
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Izumi is down to being tied for fourth with Maria.

Isn't it sad, Izumi?
Closed Thread