AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 15:53   Link #301
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Especially that the Kings are not only defending champions, but they are also applying what they did last year. It's probably the worst scenario for any opposition team at this time.

Tonight is game 2 between Pittsburgh and Ottawa. The Senators will probably try to come out stronger, but I think Pittsburgh will run over the Sens. After tonight, the Sens will probbaly say to themselves Adieu veaux, vaches, cochons (from the fable about the milkmaid by Jean de la Fontaine, an expression meaning that what was hoped to happen didn't materialize).
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 15:55   Link #302
justavisitor

well, Kings were down 0-2 in the first round too, so there is always hope until you start to lose at home...but on the other hand, sharks almost always underachieved in the playoff for the last couple seasons..

and Let's go senators!! But I have a feeling that the sens got outmatched pretty badly in this series...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:02   Link #303
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well curious to see how the second round plays out.

Though frankly with how the Leafs went out I'm probably not engaged enough to actually watch the remaining games.
Old 2013-05-20, 15:54   Link #304
Soverence

Well I didn't see Ottowa coming back and winning that game, it was a hard fought game, maybe it will allow them to get some momentum going but I still don't see it being enough to get over the Penguins. Same thing goes for the Red Wings, even though they won their game pretty easily, I just can't see the Blackhawks losing in a series to them, I will still take the Blackhawks in 5 for that series.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 16:04   Link #305
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Yesterday's performance from the Penguins was a total giveaway when you consider that earning a power play late in the game with a one-goal lead should be about textbook grinding and time-wasting in the Sens' zone. For some reason, Dan Bylsma sent his usual star players on that power play while asking to play conservative at the same time... a recipe for disaster.

Tonight is the first round at the Joe Louis Arena. I hope the Hawks will make amends for last game's poor result.

edit (10:20 PM Eastern time): are you kidding me? WTF Chicago?

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-05-20 at 21:21.
Old 2013-05-21, 02:03   Link #306
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Well I didn't see Ottowa coming back and winning that game, it was a hard fought game, maybe it will allow them to get some momentum going but I still don't see it being enough to get over the Penguins. Same thing goes for the Red Wings, even though they won their game pretty easily, I just can't see the Blackhawks losing in a series to them, I will still take the Blackhawks in 5 for that series.
You might want to re-think that...

Red Wings now lead 2-1 in the series. For the Blackhawks to take it, they need win the next 3 games... straight. Which means they have to go into game 6. Or 7 if it's forced.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 02:16   Link #307
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
You might want to re-think that...

Red Wings now lead 2-1 in the series. For the Blackhawks to take it, they need win the next 3 games... straight. Which means they have to go into game 6. Or 7 if it's forced.
Well that was my original prediction and we have seen how terrible I am at actually predicting series xD. I will still have to take the Blackhawks to win it, I don't know where their offense has gone these last two games but adjustments need to be made to get them back to the same level as the series vs the wild and game 1 vs Detroit.
Old 2013-05-21, 15:03   Link #308
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Well that was my original prediction and we have seen how terrible I am at actually predicting series xD. I will still have to take the Blackhawks to win it, I don't know where their offense has gone these last two games but adjustments need to be made to get them back to the same level as the series vs the wild and game 1 vs Detroit.
I hope to be wrong, but I feel the Hawks' attacking force may lack the swaggering punch we used to see from them in 2010. Back then, they had Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien and Kris Versteeg to grab their share of extra goals when Kane, Toews, Sharp and Hossa were checked tightly.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:42   Link #309
DarkJak2050

Okay, update on the Eastern Conference:

The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins are on the verge of meeting each other in the Eastern Conference final; with both needing to win one more game in their own series.

As for the Western Conference, it turns out the Shark Tank helped level the series between the Kings and the Sharks; being tied 2-2.
Old 2013-05-26, 23:03   Link #310
Soverence

Well I am glad that the Bruins won since I am a Bruins Fan, but I am surprised they won by such a big margin in terms of the series. Granted most of the games were really close except for game 2 but I felt like the Rangers would win most of the close games because of their goalie.

Penguins vs Bruins should be a good match-up though, not really sure how it is going to go though. I am hoping the Bruins win it in the long run and that the Sharks make it past the kings so that my pre-season prediction actually comes true, I have got 1 team right quite a few times but I have never been able to predict both teams correctly so fingers crossed for a first
Old 2013-05-27, 21:57   Link #311
justavisitor

Bruins, penguins, black hawks, and sharks as the final 4 would be fun. So we can see which creature is the strongest XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-05-28, 10:09   Link #312
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Bruins, penguins, black hawks, and sharks as the final 4 would be fun. So we can see which creature is the strongest XD
Well, based upon that logic, we will see the Bruins from the East since bears eat penguins for breakfast . As for black hawks vs sharks, I would have to go with the sharks since the hawks would need to go down to the water to reach them and once they did that the sharks have the advantage.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:01   Link #313
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I hope to be wrong
I hope you're right

GO WINGS! Stomp those black hawks into the ground!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 19:16   Link #314
justavisitor

Quote:
Well, based upon that logic, we will see the Bruins from the East since bears eat penguins for breakfast . As for black hawks vs sharks, I would have to go with the sharks since the hawks would need to go down to the water to reach them and once they did that the sharks have the advantage.
well, guess I would cheer for sharks and black hawk to make it to the final 4 because I really want to see a "wild" playoff series !!
Old 2013-05-28, 21:20   Link #315
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'm currently watching the game: the Kings are making full advantage of home ice advantage with a 2-0 lead in the middle of the 2nd period.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:46   Link #316
DarkJak2050

There goes your Sharks and Bruins game...

What was the cause of the Sharks downfall in game seven?

Good ol' poor puck handling/managment. They had that problem for most of the regular season and I saw that being their down fall going into the playoffs.

Poor puck handling/managment is what caused a turn over that lead the Kings having the 2nd goal in the game. Which was their game winner.

Way to fucking go guys!!

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-05-28 at 22:57.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:54   Link #317
Soverence

Quote:
There goes your Sharks and Bruins game...

What was the cause of the Sharks downfall in game seven?

Good ol' poor puck handling/managment. They had that problem for most of the regular season and I saw that being their down fall going into the playoffs.

Poor puck handling/managment is what caused a turn over that lead the Kings having that 2nd goal. Which was their game winner.

Way to fucking go guys!!
Yeah , thought I might have gotten it right for once, oh well, hopefully I will get one right at least.

I feel like they were trying to make way too many stretch passes in the 2nd/3rd period. Granted, the kings defense was nearly air tight in the 3rd so the Sharks didn't really have many other passing lanes but someone needed to get something going other then just dumping it in the Kings end and trying to beat them there (which they weren't).

Also their seemed to have been a lot of mistakes with the line changes, a bad timed line change cost the team a goal in the 2nd and at least twice in the 3rd I saw someone on the Sharks try to pass it to someone who was going for a line change. Team communication seemed to be a little off, which is big for a series deciding game 7.

One thing I can say though, no one can blame Neimi for this lose. The 1st goal he gave up is something that is usually blown dead before the guy gets a chance to jam it in like he did and the 2nd one was mainly caused by the bad line change. Hopefully Neimi can play like this again next year, would def. give them a good chance to make it at least this far again.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:57   Link #318
DarkJak2050

As for that first goal, I expected Niemi to hold the puck against the side netting and cover it with his glove to freeze play, but he just kept using his stick to hold the exposed puck up on the netting and that allowed the Kings to pick it out, and knock it passed him.

All in all, come to the 2013-2014 season, I better see that puck handling/managment they have now do a 180.

And one more thing, there goes that Vezina for Niemi...
Old 2013-05-29, 00:29   Link #319
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
And one more thing, there goes that Vezina for Niemi...
Well, Henrik Lundqvist got beaten the hell out by the Bruins with a share of bad goals and Sergei Bobrovsky didn't make the playoffs. I don't see how Niemi would be seriously throwing away the Vezina after tonight.
Old 2013-05-29, 03:45   Link #320
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Well, Henrik Lundqvist got beaten the hell out by the Bruins with a share of bad goals and Sergei Bobrovsky didn't make the playoffs. I don't see how Niemi would be seriously throwing away the Vezina after tonight.
Maybe it would be how he let the first goal in (stated in my last post)...

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup