AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 10:59   Link #281
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Aya Hirano's first DVD "Love Letter" is out (packaging snaps here). Not really sure what I was expecting, but what I seem to have is Aya dressing up in costumes, doing little nonsensicle skits and stuff (currently she's dressed as a sterotypical private detective trailing.. herself).
Old 2008-01-02, 11:17   Link #282
Rookie103

Konata's voice actor = WIN
Old 2008-01-02, 14:22   Link #283
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm guessing she'd *like* to move into the Kumi Koda popstar realm (or at least branch out like Asakawa Yuu went did with her musical career). Still not clear whether that is going to be a "good move" since it seems to alienate some of her base fandom.
Old 2008-03-09, 10:36   Link #284
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Whole-hearted congratulations to Hirano Aya (my/our goddess) for winning the Lead Voice Actress category in the 2007 second annual Seiyuu Awards for her performance in Lucky Star as Izumi Konata.

Her picture with other award winners Kamiya Hiroshi (Tieria in Gundam), Saiga Mitsuki (Kei in Moyashimon), and Miyano Mamoru (Setsuna in Gundam)

(She also won "Best vocal song" for Motteke o_O together with the other 3 Lucky Star girls)

I wish for her continued success both in anime voice acting and in mainstream entertainment career!
Old 2008-04-11, 12:42   Link #285
TehSanity
Lurker

Nice... I'll give her a cornet for winning that award. Or maybe a cornet shaped cup.

Some of my favourite characters from Gundam 00 are also in that picture.
Old 2008-04-19, 06:41   Link #286
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Off topic: Saiga-san looks completely like a gentleman in that pic.

On topic: I'm proud to say that I heard Hirano-san before she got famous, as Lumeire in KG. The rest of the anime cast needs more exposure, which they are getting.

Does this thread cover the drama CD cast?
Old 2010-04-08, 16:28   Link #287
NeoTechni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm not going to lie and say I think she's on the same level as the 4 you have mentioned, except maybe for Megumi Hayashibara, who I think she is better than.
No one is better than Hayashibara
Old 2010-05-07, 07:28   Link #288
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Wow, this page hasn't seen updates in a while, eh? But I thought LS fans might find this interesting.

Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa) and Emiri Kato (Kagami) are good friends, fittingly. And recently on Kaorin's blog, she and Emiri jammed for a bit with her on bass and Emiri on drums. Kaoru Chujo once mentioned that Emiri played drums in a band with classmates in high school. Here's the post. It leads to a (poorly) translated version, but you go to the original Japanese.

Sounds like someone's been watching K-On...
Old 2010-05-10, 00:48   Link #289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Wow, this page hasn't seen updates in a while, eh? But I thought LS fans might find this interesting.

Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa) and Emiri Kato (Kagami) are good friends, fittingly. And recently on Kaorin's blog, she and Emiri jammed for a bit with her on bass and Emiri on drums. Kaoru Chujo once mentioned that Emiri played drums in a band with classmates in high school. Here's the post. It leads to a (poorly) translated version, but you go to the original Japanese.

Sounds like someone's been watching K-On...
Yeah.... loved both Fukuhara and Kato's work in L*S, hopefully they get other opportunities to "smash it big". Luck of the moment with what soars in popularity.
Old 2010-05-11, 08:04   Link #290
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Emiri Kato's been doing reasonably well; I think she's currently in Angel Beats right now. Not so much for Kaori Fukuhara, unfortunately (I don't think she's in anything at the moment).
Old 2010-05-13, 20:14   Link #291
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Last major role I know of for Fukuhara was Koromo Amae from Saki... which was just last year. She wasn't one of the main characters, but she was still pretty popular and major if I remember correctly... anyway, hopefully she'll land another good role soon. I also enjoy her work.

Old 2010-05-14, 18:51   Link #292
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Last major role I know of for Fukuhara was Koromo Amae from Saki... which was just last year. She wasn't one of the main characters, but she was still pretty popular and major if I remember correctly... anyway, hopefully she'll land another good role soon. I also enjoy her work.
She had role of Seto, a semi-major character in Needless last year as well with Emiri Kato, and Aya Endo[Miyuki's VA] even .
MAL
Old 2010-05-16, 09:26   Link #293
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Minoru Shiraishi races. Gotta love that guy.

Wonder if his new hair style will be the design if ever there is a new anime of Lucky Star.
Old 2010-12-02, 13:40   Link #294
DaRkNES

Send a message via MSN to DaRkNES
Amazing!!

I Love Kona-Chan...

(First Post! \o/)
Old 2010-12-08, 22:07   Link #295
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Some seiyuu updates!

Aya Hirano is appearing in a stage production of Wuthering Heights as Catherine. (You may have heard she's been interested in live action lately, perhaps more so than voice acting.)

And Kaori Fukuhara had a guest role in the Japanese dub of Cold Case (episode 21, to be exact).
Old 2011-01-07, 01:02   Link #296
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

I just have a question if anyone knows.
I at first didn't really care for the english dub but I love Misao's english voice. I'm just wondering why she sounded kinda Southern in the english dub is it because in the Japanese voice she has a slight accent or something?
Thanks.
Old 2011-01-08, 04:56   Link #297
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClannadDango View Post
I just have a question if anyone knows.
I at first didn't really care for the english dub but I love Misao's english voice. I'm just wondering why she sounded kinda Southern in the english dub is it because in the Japanese voice she has a slight accent or something?
Thanks.
Slight Kansai dialect. But not much, dubbers did over did it again. I personally hated the dub, they screwed up the voices and made them all sound like thirteen year olds.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:08   Link #298
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
Slight Kansai dialect. But not much, dubbers did over did it again. I personally hated the dub, they screwed up the voices and made them all sound like thirteen year olds.
Oh so it was just the dubber's decision. Yeah I always like the original better. I think Tsukasa sounds better in Japanese. But I think Misao's english voice is unique though.
Old 2011-01-09, 22:35   Link #299
Milu

I personally loved Michelle Ruff as Tsukasa. <3
Old 2012-01-17, 21:39   Link #300
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa) is releasing a single with a "comedy dance troupe" called RAB (Real Akiba Boys).

Here's the video. Whether or not just for comedic purposes, Kaorin's a great singer, and these "self-proclaimed otakus" can breakdance like it's 1985.
Closed Thread