AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-08, 10:15   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
maybe he's a trafalgar law fanboy?
Or Buggy!!!!
Old 2012-03-08, 10:25   Link #42
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Or Buggy!!!!
oh yeah, forgot about buggy!

sorry for going off topic, still on a trafalgar law high.

i seriously think kubo is on crack.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:15   Link #43
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Kubo's notes to self.

Hmm, I need to start a new arc. I think it’s time to do something exciting, give the readers something they want. How about finishing up some loose threads? Explain what happened to the remaining espada who didn’t get killed, such as Neliel.

I guess I could develop some of the characters they already know and love, add some more depth. Maybe build a little on a romance between Ichigo and Rukia, or maybe someone else?

I mean I got so many characters in this manga, maybe I should actually let some of the good guys die for a change to give Bleach its sense of much needed danger back?

...Ooor I could always just add a bunch of uninteresting characters and a half-assed plot that involves achieving power and killing stuff...
Old 2012-03-08, 12:17   Link #44
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think 1st Squad Vice-Capain is certainly alive and will be kicking ass in future because this is Bleach.
In Bleach, impaling, limbs getting severed, disemboweling, getting a big chunk of your torso blown off are just Flesh wounds.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:39   Link #45
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
In Bleach, impaling, limbs getting severed, disemboweling, getting a big chunk of your torso blown off are just Flesh wounds.
lol yea the Bleach gang even put the Red vs Blue lads lot to shame

Not impressed with the new bad guys, more limbs being chopped off just makes me think gid these guys are chumps, even if done by the big bad, still lame.

So I'm guessing there will be a reason why they have waited till now to put their evil plans of destruction to play.
Cause if there was a time for destroying SS it would have been just after the fight with Aizen.
You know kick when they are down type of thing cause I'd certainly hate to think theres some sense of honor or something involved in all this>_<

And so the question now is, how will the group(that includes all main characters and captains and what not) fair against a enemy that was able to escape from the strongest Reaper there is so easily, I look forward to seeing how that goes.
Old 2012-03-08, 13:15   Link #46
Eragon
Still Alive

Anybody else think these 5 days are going to be measured in Dragon Ball Z's time units? After all, Kubo needs to show his respect to the show he took inspiration
from.
Old 2012-03-08, 14:33   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Someone needs to teach Kubo how to draw characters.

It was bad enough every arc since SS has had a Aizen look alike main villain, now the entire squad of villains are a bunch of Aizen clones with a different haircut and clothes. And it's not even just about Aizen. The cast keeps getting bigger but the variety just hits new lows each time.
Old 2012-03-08, 16:40   Link #48
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
I think 1st Squad Vice-Capain is certainly alive and will be kicking ass in future because this is Bleach.
wrong. everyone knows Sasakibe never does anything anyways =P
Old 2012-03-08, 16:50   Link #49
Calca
Expressionless

If Kubo could do it over, I'm pretty sure he'd make the Gotei 13 into the Gotei 6 to get rid of some of these characters. Could beef up the role of the VC to not have such a huge gap between captain and vice captain.

For example, Komamura could be a great VC to someone yet still retain his strength.

Last edited by Calca; 2012-03-08 at 17:24.
Old 2012-03-08, 20:00   Link #50
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
So I'm guessing there will be a reason why they have waited till now to put their evil plans of destruction to play.
Cause if there was a time for destroying SS it would have been just after the fight with Aizen.
You know kick when they are down type of thing cause I'd certainly hate to think theres some sense of honor or something involved in all this>_<
I'd be nicely surprised if Kubo actually decided to the explain why these enemies are just deciding to show themselves now. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote:
And so the question now is, how will the group(that includes all main characters and captains and what not) fair against a enemy that was able to escape from the strongest Reaper there is so easily, I look forward to seeing how that goes.
The fact that they're really good at running away doesn't mean too much to me. Just means they can leave before they get their asses kicked too badly like Ivan did. I thought maybe the guys that faced Yamamoto were on another level, but the fact that the apparent leader was "disciplined" by the Zangetsu lookalike guy for scolding Ivan gives me the impression they're not all that powerful either. If the Ginjou/Byakuya clone gets so little respect that their king chops his arm for something that minor, that's telling me he (and the guys in his group, if he's their leader) aren't that high on the ladder.

There should be stronger enemies (besides their king) that we haven't seen yet.

Old 2012-03-08, 23:17   Link #51
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
My interpretation of the scene with Sasakibe (or whatever his name is), given what immediately followed it, was that he had tried to use Bankai and they'd nullified it, leading to him warning Yamamoto about it. I thought it more likely than them having Bankai, though I suppose it could be interpreted that way too.
well I looked at the design of big bad

White Quincy clothes and a cape

They can nullify or steal bankai
Well if thy can steal bankai that means they can take it and use for themselves

I hope it is nullify

and in fact it is more likley nullify

I mean on page 10 after that scene on bankai Ivan yells

"Why wont your bankai disappear!!!!! "
Old 2012-03-08, 23:48   Link #52
Lendial

the guy with the dreadlocks looks like a bad version of ginjou mixed with byakuya.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:04   Link #53
astrallionheart

Nullifying bankai? WOW! Kubo Tite just found a great way to reduce his work!

It's the final arc and he still has found an excuse not to draw any new bankais
Old 2012-03-09, 07:26   Link #54
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Nullifying bankai? WOW! Kubo Tite just found a great way to reduce his work!

It's the final arc and he still has found an excuse not to draw any new bankais
Or maybe that's his excuse, why the captains were restricted to use Bankai? And it seems like we'll never see Rukia's Bankai

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Someone needs to teach Kubo how to draw characters.

It was bad enough every arc since SS has had a Aizen look alike main villain, now the entire squad of villains are a bunch of Aizen clones with a different haircut and clothes. And it's not even just about Aizen. The cast keeps getting bigger but the variety just hits new lows each time.
My exact thoughts. "What's Aizen doing on Ichigo's bed? Oh it's not Aizen. Wait Aizen is the leader of the Quincy? Oh it's not Aizen. Wait Aizen is really the leader of the Quincies? Oh it's not Aizen either"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Anybody else think these 5 days are going to be measured in Dragon Ball Z's time units? After all, Kubo needs to show his respect to the show he took inspiration
from.
Kubo's thoughts: "Ok this is the final arc I'm gonna draw. After this Bleach ends. How do I start? Oh I know. I'll make a 5 day limit until everythings is over. That'll make sure that the arc is very long"
Old 2012-03-09, 08:43   Link #55
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I hope it is nullify

and in fact it is more likley nullify

I mean on page 10 after that scene on bankai Ivan yells

"Why wont your bankai disappear!!!!! "
Why have Sasakibe, someone who doesn't have bankai, point out that they can nullify bankai? How would he find out? If they can use bankai, he would know from seeing them release. If they can only nullify it he couldn't know unless he saw someone attempt to use bankai against them.

Old 2012-03-09, 09:12   Link #56
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Why have Sasakibe, someone who doesn't have bankai, point out that they can nullify bankai? How would he find out? If they can use bankai, he would know from seeing them release. If they can only nullify it he couldn't know unless he saw someone attempt to use bankai against them.
this being bleach, I would not be surprised in the slightest if Sasakibe got bankai

but I agree, even assuming he went bankai would be out-of-context and too confusing for the reader

btw, I wonder if it is possible to detect a 100% genuine bankai release. Byakuya was sure about Ichigo's Bankai not being a bankai and thought it was something else. So basically anyone with a release-type-power could just yell bankai to troll everyone.
Old 2012-03-09, 09:57   Link #57
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Do know, for sure, that he can't use bankai?

And, he didn't tell that they can nullify bankai, he said that they can bankai. At least in the translation that I did read.
What actually makes me think - WHY would they bankai against a Vice Captain?
Old 2012-03-09, 10:35   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Yep. I really like Kubo's art, but now when all the characters looks the same combo of other characters, it presents Bleach as manga that has ran out of ideas.
i used to like kubo's art but then he got lazy. he started drawing less and less backdrops and the designs became less original.

most artists have preferences in drawing faces and characters and they tend to fall into the trap of drawing the same faces because of that. the more diligent ones make a conscious effort to differentiate their characters by giving them distinctive features, silhouettes and such. but the lazier ones don't put as much care and time. that's why i admire artists who have unique aesthetics and tend to draw their characters with distinctive features and designs because this takes more time, effort and imagination.

as someone in this forums once said, kubo's art is like fool's gold, at first glance you'd find yourself drawn by its flash and glitter. but at closer look, you'll find that his art is not as creative or cool as you thought it was. his characters may look pretty but they look the same. the only difference is the hair, costume and eye color.
Old 2012-03-10, 01:00   Link #59
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
this being bleach, I would not be surprised in the slightest if Sasakibe got bankai

but I agree, even assuming he went bankai would be out-of-context and too confusing for the reader

btw, I wonder if it is possible to detect a 100% genuine bankai release. Byakuya was sure about Ichigo's Bankai not being a bankai and thought it was something else. So basically anyone with a release-type-power could just yell bankai to troll everyone.
This a common question but seeing as Sabsike was outside before we saw him randomly flying in with a arrow stuck to his back he likly saw someone else like a cptain fight off the qincies with bankai and fail
Remember the Quincies said it was easy to get in more prooff why the can nullify bankais. It makes it easier to beat the shingami.
Old 2012-03-10, 03:12   Link #60
Meltyred

He certainly is acting like Aizen....
What with the no fighting and sitting on a throne.
Closed Thread