AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 18:43   Link #2921
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Bakuman ending really I guess what I learned from Bakuman will go on will the have a part two then???
Old 2012-04-18, 18:59   Link #2922
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

It's great to see a long-running manga reach it's end (and not getting cancelled).
I really liked Bakuman, I found it rather enjoyable to read and to follow.
Let's see what the author gives us next.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:48   Link #2923
Enishi

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Soon works better than quickly
I was defeated by the announcement. ;-)
Old 2012-04-19, 01:05   Link #2924
bumbayker

Looks like the manga will end sooner than I anticipated. I think Ohba-sensei wants to finish it while its still popular (like with Reversi). I'm a bit saddened that one of my favorite mangas will now come to a close. I just hope Iwase, Nakai, and the rest will be given a good epilogue.
Old 2012-04-19, 02:40   Link #2925
ZODDGUTS

Overall this was a mediocre series. It would have been better if it didn't have the awful romance storyline, it pull down the manga whenever it was about the romance and not about being a manga-ka, but even that drag out in the end. Shame.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:25   Link #2926
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Overall this was a mediocre series. It would have been better if it didn't have the awful romance storyline, it pull down the manga whenever it was about the romance and not about being a manga-ka, but even that drag out in the end. Shame.
What are you talking about? If it weren't for the romance Mashiro wouldn't have had the motivation to be a mangaka in the first place. It was Azuki’s promise to marry Mashiro if their dreams came true was the driving force behind him. Though Mashiro once said that his manga was more important than Azuki, it was in the end still to pursue that dream to be with her. If Azuki wasn't there, then Ashirogi Muto would never have existed. He and Takagi would have parted ways after middle school.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:53   Link #2927
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Agree with you. This series is decent at the best. People who are saying this is a great or best series, he is definitely needs to read more manga.

Although this series is going to end. I don't really feel anything. "Nothing value is lost" is perfectly describing my feeling toward this manga.

Maybe because Mashiro isn't interesting main character compares to Shujin or Eiji. This 2 great guys completely outclassed Mashiro in everything.
Old 2012-04-19, 05:10   Link #2928
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^i don't think anybody said that this series was the best they ever read, but to have such a relatively long run (18 volumes) with a satisfying way of ending things and constantly keeping things interesting is a rarity. That's fucking amazing, considering how i hated the ending of DN, GTO among some more
Old 2012-04-19, 06:05   Link #2929
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

a sweet end chapter for both miho and mashiro....
Old 2012-04-19, 06:14   Link #2930
Sixth
Hu Tao

*facepalm* at the ending.

The ending is just terrible. I wish there is more things we can see in this chapter, but no.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:19   Link #2931
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Steep ending, but at least it's finally finished with a closed ending. However, that's only for the M&Ms, everyone else was left out on a "continually striving" path...oh well.

Here's hoping we get a special chapter on Hiramaru's wedding :P
Old 2012-04-19, 06:24   Link #2932
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I still wish we had some sort of epilogue because I find that ending a bit brutal.Like a wedding chapter with a bunch of other characters present.

Overall Bakuman was inconsistent to me,I enjoyed some arcs greatly and sometimes wished some of them would end soon.But still I looked forward to reading it every week and I'll miss it....until ohba and obata's next manga comes out!
Old 2012-04-19, 06:43   Link #2933
lightbringer
M9000

That was... abrupt. I can't say it's a horrible way to end things, even though it leaves many things unresolved, but I'm not too happy with it. They basically went up to the happiest moment of his life and then took a big knife and cut off everything else that could follow. So the payoff was just one two-page spread. Granted, the journey there was great, but I'm just left with an unsatisfied feeling. I'd much prefer having some sort of epilogue and have the manga end on a scene of their wedding, even if it's cliche.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:57   Link #2934
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That was... abrupt.
Could not have used a better word to describe it. Kind of expected more, much more rather than this rushed ending. Quite disappointed by the ending honestly. But to look on the bright side of things, it could have ended on a worse note... or maybe not.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:59   Link #2935
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I'm so hype with the last chapter and then this is all I got? smh Anyway, at least it end up in happy end but still I'm not that satisfied with the way they end it
Old 2012-04-19, 07:03   Link #2936
blue_sora

So.....that's it?! That's too abrupt! As abrupt as Reversi's end! At least show about the others!

Oh well, finally Bakuman ended. True, it's not one of the most greatest revolutionizing manga that ever come out, but it's the first manga that ever highlighted a mangaka's life and the hardships they had to go through in maintaining a series. Maybe they overdramatize some parts, but the info about votes and decisions made by magazine editors should be true.

I'll be looking forward for their next piece of work.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:05   Link #2937
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That was... abrupt. I can't say it's a horrible way to end things, even though it leaves many things unresolved, but I'm not too happy with it. They basically went up to the happiest moment of his life and then took a big knife and cut off everything else that could follow. So the payoff was just one two-page spread. Granted, the journey there was great, but I'm just left with an unsatisfied feeling. I'd much prefer having some sort of epilogue and have the manga end on a scene of their wedding, even if it's cliche.
Yeah, at we learnt more in Death Note ending than this. I think this writer cannot write a proper ending at all.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:10   Link #2938
Somnus
Eh?

Like the others said, that was kind of abrupt. Though with the series being Bakuman, I guess I can tolerate it. On that same thought path though, this is one series where I was fully expecting an epilogue (again, due to it masterfully jumping through time throughout the series).

I can only hope there will be a bonus chapter or something when the full volume comes out.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yeah, at we learnt more in Death Note ending than this. I think this writer cannot write a proper ending at all.
Look, all you've been doing is hating on Bakuman for the past little bit (since the Miho arc started, at least). Though I can understand that the M&M relationship might not have been the best part of Bakuman for some people, those people could at least acknowledge its necessity to the story. Your criticism is ridiculous. Again, these guys finished the manga where, and how they wanted. Just because it wasn't how you liked it doesn't mean the author doesn't "know how to write a proper ending". Get over yourself.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:28   Link #2939
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^i don't think anybody said that this series was the best they ever read, but to have such a relatively long run (18 volumes) with a satisfying way of ending things and constantly keeping things interesting is a rarity. That's fucking amazing, considering how i hated the ending of DN, GTO among some more
That's where me and others disagree: the series was not constantly interesting. It was actually more like a roller-coaster, amazing one time and then freaking boring the next. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot, but it could have been a lot better. Some arcs were terrible and/or entirely pointless.

The ending leaves me with ambiguous feelings. I've felt several times that the series was dragging out and wished they would end it so I should be happy (and I am to some extent), however now that they have, I'm disappointed we didn't get more. I wanted to see Hiramaru and Aoki's wedding, as well as Mashiro and Azuki's... I hate abrupt ending like these. I enjoy my epilogues. I'm glad we at least got to see Kaya get proper recognition last week, a supporting character as terrific as her deserved no less.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:32   Link #2940
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Like the others said, that was kind of abrupt. Though with the series being Bakuman, I guess I can tolerate it. On that same thought path though, this is one series where I was fully expecting an epilogue (again, due to it masterfully jumping through time throughout the series).

I can only hope there will be a bonus chapter or something when the full volume comes out.

EDIT:

Look, all you've been doing is hating on Bakuman for the past little bit (since the Miho arc started, at least). Though I can understand that the M&M relationship might not have been the best part of Bakuman for some people, those people could at least acknowledge its necessity to the story. Your criticism is ridiculous. Again, these guys finished the manga where, and how they wanted. Just because it wasn't how you liked it doesn't mean the author doesn't "know how to write a proper ending". Get over yourself.
How is my criticism ridiculous? The "Reversi" ending was terrible, and now the Bakuman ending isn't decent as well. Also, this is forum. Everyone has the right to expressing his own opinion and though about it.

Yeah, it is their works. They can finish or do whatever they want with their works, but this doesn't mean that they are free from criticism. Reviews and movies critic existed for a reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen