AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 17:45   Link #1041
hobbitheart

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum...and pretty new to manga/anime in general. However, I have watched the entire VK anime and read the whole manga up to the last chapter (52). I've read some of the discussions, and I think they're wonderful, which is why I wanted to join and ask you guys a question. I guess before I do, I should pick one side of the battlefield, as that seems to be a pretty popular topic: Kaname vs. Zero, that is. I should first remark that before I watched the series, I thought I was going to like Kaname best, but after watching and reading I've realized that I totally go for Zero! It's not that I dislike Kaname, it's just for some reason I connect more to Zero and sympathize with him more (and aside from the fact that he's drop-dead gorgeous!)
So anyway, my question is in regard to ch. 47, when Zero finally kisses Yuuki. Now, in the anime, Yuuki drinks Zero's blood, and that is the medium through which she discovers his feelings for her. In the manga however, he says something about how he would always be a beast, or something to that effect, and then there's a moment of hesitation, and then he grabs her and kisses her. I know that's a pretty obvious show of affection, but to me it seemed like Zero's actual feelings-love-for her didn't sink in and she almost ignored the fact, granted she had a lot to deal with. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
hobbitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:31   Link #1042
Slick_rick

I think she was just trying so hard to not breakdown and cry and to be strong at the time that she was basically not fully thinking straight. She and he definitely both had a lot to deal with at the time. She figured it out the next chapter so while being a little slow it didn't take very long.
Old 2009-08-05, 17:23   Link #1043
hobbitheart

Ok, that's what I thought. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thank you!
Old 2009-08-08, 12:06   Link #1044
equinox

since chapter 1 I'm asking myself to whom the title "vampire knight" refers... i know some think that it has to be zero, but it wasn't explained exactly in the manga, was it?
and i really would like to know what kind of relationship cross and yuri had.. have they been just friends or maybe more than friends? this wasn't really explaine either right?
or can't i just remember?!
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 21:13   Link #1045
hobbitheart

I thought a lot of people had good discussions as to who the real 'vampire knight' is, from Zero, to Kaname, to Yuuki herself! I personally think everyone is a 'knight' in his or her own way, or at least that's how I like to look at it. And do you mean Yuuki's mother Juuri and Kaien Cross, equinox? I was very interested in that too, and I didn't think it well explained in the manga. Perhaps there's more to tell. I love the Chairman-he's absolutely hilarious, but his serious side is as urbane as any night class student
Old 2009-08-10, 23:40   Link #1046
hobbitheart

So I was watching a random part of the anime the other day, and dwelling on Cross Kaien, because I think he's very interesting, and in the beginning for the season of Vampire Knight Guilty, we see the Chairman pulling a ribbon from his hair. This happens a couple times in the episodes too. I suddenly made a weird connection to Ichiru and how he always had a ribbon and bells in his hair from Shizuka. Could Cross do the same sort of thing for Juuri? I'm blowing it way out of proportion probably, but I thought it could be a cool idea!
Old 2009-08-12, 08:55   Link #1047
equinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitheart View Post
So I was watching a random part of the anime the other day, and dwelling on Cross Kaien, because I think he's very interesting, and in the beginning for the season of Vampire Knight Guilty, we see the Chairman pulling a ribbon from his hair. This happens a couple times in the episodes too. I suddenly made a weird connection to Ichiru and how he always had a ribbon and bells in his hair from Shizuka. Could Cross do the same sort of thing for Juuri? I'm blowing it way out of proportion probably, but I thought it could be a cool idea!
you're right oO I've never noticed that before... but it's actually an interesting point

And I don't know why but I have got the feeling that the love triangle between yuki, zero, kaname is similar to juuri, cross and haruka... cross was a hunter as well and the others were siblings and purebloods.. so the mangaka doesn't want to tell us the story now because the whole story recurs...
and maybe this is a hint that yuki will end up with kaname? who knows...
but i really can imagine yuki and kaname having children together but being killed... zero giving up his job in the vampire association and taking care of yuki's children :-)
but this would be really sad ending for a shoujo manga..
Old 2009-08-12, 22:07   Link #1048
hobbitheart

I never thought of that, equinox! It would be a fitting end to a tragic love story! I don't know...I keep going back and forth between who she'll end up with, but maybe she won't end up with anyone! Maybe we'll get an ending like 'House of Flying Daggers'-sorry if the reference is no help. I have a feeling that Kaname being a Kuran ancestor is going to create some problems somewhere along the way. I'm biased, but I hope the whole Haruka/Cross/Juuri triangle changes the
2nd time around, and Yuuki and Zero get happy endings. And Kaname. Just not with Yuuki We'll see. Hino-sensei has certainly given us a lot of story to mull over!

And thanks equinox, for throwing ideas back and forth with me!
Old 2009-08-17, 07:46   Link #1049
BadtheGuy

I would agree that the Knight isn't 100% clear and that you could stretch it to anyone. However, I feel that it's most likely that it's referring to Zero. That chapter "Vampire Knight" was heavily revolving around Zero and how the Kaname/Shizuka created him. In fact, Zero's build up and how Kaname manipulated him to kill Rido is one of the main themes of the story.
BadtheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 04:54   Link #1050
Slick_rick

Spoiler for Chapter 53:
Old 2009-08-23, 15:30   Link #1051
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yay for more of Yuri! I was always hoping that she would get a more important role, she and the other two students who were allowed to retain their memories. I just love to support the supporting characters I guess.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:07   Link #1052
BadtheGuy

Spoiler for Chapter 53:
Old 2009-08-23, 18:17   Link #1053
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Spoiler for 53:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:38   Link #1054
BadtheGuy

Spoiler for 53:
Old 2009-08-23, 18:52   Link #1055
equinox

Spoiler for chapter 53:
Old 2009-08-23, 19:14   Link #1056
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Spoiler for 53:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:45   Link #1057
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
OMG The killing aura from Zero was consuming the damn room. Its been a long time since iv seen those eyes. I also loved his answer to killing Purebloods hes just waiting for them to give him one reason just one reason and its on like donkey kong Its been a while since i felt Zero bad-ass-ness and it came out in this chapter.

I hate to say it but im kind of hoping that Zero and Yuuki's first meeting does not go well since it will drum up drama and i cant help but to wish for the ball to turn into a blood bath.

Yuki's dress did not reflect her new status it looked immature but then again she has not matured much imo she is the weakest character in the series so my attention is not focused that much on her.

damn im excited once again about the series i get the feeling something very cool in going to happen in chapter 54
Old 2009-08-24, 19:57   Link #1058
fainessae
7 years bad luck

Spoiler for Yori/Zero:

Spoiler for 53:
fainessae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:36   Link #1059
hobbitheart

Spoiler for Chapter 53:
Old 2009-08-25, 13:44   Link #1060
topboy
poor man

vampire knight should end since the last arc end (can't remember chapter,48 or 49 maybe)
After that vampire knight turn from wonderful shoujo to typical shoujo.
mangaupdates.com monthly/3/6 month Position for VK and first page user comments proof that well. (weekly pos up cause by new chapter out)
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga