AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-09-14, 22:55   Link #10081
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It's obvious what this sequel is gonna be about. It's gonna be chapters revolving around each of the target girls in their lives. Remember that each girl is named after a train station hence "on the train". Hopefully when we get to the Chihiro chapter it'll just be her and Keima doing sickenly lovely dovely couple stuff.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:03   Link #10082
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wha?

"The World God Only Knows on the Train"?!?

Well...umm...err...I guess I will give it a try?
I feel the same lol. It sounds weird but interesting so I'll try it out.

^ OMG THAT'S SO CLEVER! Nice catch.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:05   Link #10083
The Green One

As long as Keima doesn't get told that various trains are getting hijacked by runaway conductors. That might get a tad awkward.

Putting aside the sequel details, having a sequel at all doesn't seem like a wise idea. I don't see much of a reason for Keima to do back to his dating sim style girl seducing so unless we go full genre shift about the hell conflict or exploring heaven's side of things I honestly can't think of what this could be about.

If this ends up to be just more fuel for shippers to bicker over then it will definitely be a terrible idea.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:38   Link #10084
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's obvious what this sequel is gonna be about. It's gonna be chapters revolving around each of the target girls in their lives. Remember that each girl is named after a train station hence "on the train". Hopefully when we get to the Chihiro chapter it'll just be her and Keima doing sickenly lovely dovely couple stuff.
That's right...had forgotten about that!

Okay, the weird title makes a bit more sense now. ^^

Hmm...I wonder if they will focus on the girls in the same order as they appeared in TWGOK, and whether or no he will focus only on the goddess hosts or on everyone that was conquered? I would love to see more Sumire, for example, so I am kinda hoping for the latter.

Also, I wonder if we will see the spirit squad pop in and out at all, or even get focused on? And what about Nikaido and Rimuel?

Drat...am beginning to get interested now.
Old 2014-09-15, 19:58   Link #10085
OhHaiThar

the 3rd to last chapter of the manga I honestly thought Elsie was the final heroine since the chapter was titled "Romantic*insert star* 2Night". I really hope Elsie gets an ending :/
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 01:13   Link #10086
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So on the train was released today. Wtf only 2 pages? Also it seems like it isn't a sequel and more of a promo for some sort of collab with the metro.
Old 2014-09-19, 01:39   Link #10087
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
So on the train was released today. Wtf only 2 pages? Also it seems like it isn't a sequel and more of a promo for some sort of collab with the metro.
Hmm ... maybe it was the caboose?

Actually I suddenly got a bad image of a Rail Wars/TWGOK crossover project and ... well, I am hopeful that someone who has read those 2 pages can dispel my sense of humor with some facts about the content of our first glimpse of the new series? *cough cough*

tl;dr What was it about?
Old 2014-09-19, 08:22   Link #10088
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd rather see Keima ride them trains ifyouknowwhatimean.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 04:14   Link #10089
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The first chapter (pages) came out and as I feared it's just gag comics involving each girl. Well I guess you can't expect much from a finished series.
Old 2014-09-24, 11:38   Link #10090
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Quote:
The first chapter (pages) came out and as I feared it's just gag comics involving each girl. Well I guess you can't expect much from a finished series.
Seems like it would involving the Goddess girls only.
Devaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 05:06   Link #10091
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaki View Post
I doubt that. It only seems that way since Ayumi was first. But we'll see I guess.
Old 2014-10-01, 17:52   Link #10092
OhHaiThar

I still debate on how he ended it. Like I swear to god it would've been an elsie ending. D8 I mean she was there the whole way, I was looking to elsiexkeima ship throughout the whole series somewhere. Too bad it didnt happen. Really hoped the train would give me some compensation but just kidding. welp.
Old 2014-10-17, 15:41   Link #10093
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaki View Post
But it's not.

There was already one involving Kusonoki.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 17:58   Link #10094
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiThar View Post
I still debate on how he ended it. Like I swear to god it would've been an elsie ending. D8 I mean she was there the whole way, I was looking to elsiexkeima ship throughout the whole series somewhere. Too bad it didnt happen. Really hoped the train would give me some compensation but just kidding. welp.
This is why immediate focus on shipping (and honestly shipping in general) is bad. Give the characters time to develop their own pairings before forcing the protagonist together with the first character with compatible naughty bits. "First girl" doesn't always win. Especially when she's not even playing.

Anyone who was paying attention to the series and going in without preconceptions or bias could see that Chihiro had feelings for Keima beyond anything having to do with her capture, and that kind of pure love was of course the most likely to be reciprocated.

As for Elsie, the fact that she never acted as anything other than his little sister, even after the infamous bath scene, should have been a clue that nothing was ever going to happen between them. She sees him as a replacement for her absent sister (a pretty apt fit, given what we've seen of said sister).

The only other legitimate potential hookup with Keima was Tenri, and Keima himself shot that one down in the past. It's nice to hope that Tenri doesn't give up on it, though. The Capturing God isn't necessarily immune to capture himself, after all...
Old 2014-10-20, 22:25   Link #10095
OhHaiThar

Well I was reading the whole way from when the manga was at 50, it wasn't more of a ship but wishful thinking. Like i said before the 2nd to last chapter was titled "romatic star 2night" and that just showcased elsie so I was like whoa; chance. But I pretty much predicted Chihiro or tenri by the last volume. I was still hoping on tenri rather than chihiro at that time though. Did he end it the way he did due to a specific reason? A lot of people said he got sick/weak.

Last edited by OhHaiThar; 2015-01-04 at 16:24.
Old 2014-12-24, 14:48   Link #10096
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Quote:
I doubt that. It only seems that way since Ayumi was first. But we'll see I guess.
Wew... I didn't read your post that each girl was named after a real train station

heck, did people already realized this thing before??

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen