AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-04-15, 18:26   Link #24401
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Nostalgia attacks can be very random and very dangerous One struck me and I had to write this:

Spoiler for The New Guy:

Spoiler for Reference:

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-04-15 at 19:00.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 23:42   Link #24402
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Just curious but...have you guys ever had a time in which you had different ideas for something and had trouble sorting them out?

For me...ever since I mentioned about writing a sequel to my BlazerS fanfic (which I'm still working on), I already realized I was jumping a bit ahead of myself, but I figured I should put down the ideas first before I begin working on it. Here's a small sample of what a bit of my sequel is on:

Spoiler for Shadows of Deception (Sample):
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 23:46   Link #24403
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaname08 View Post
Just curious but...have you guys ever had a time in which you had different ideas for something and had trouble sorting them out?

For me...ever since I mentioned about writing a sequel to my BlazerS fanfic (which I'm still working on), I already realized I was jumping a bit ahead of myself, but I figured I should put down the ideas first before I begin working on it. Here's a small sample of what a bit of my sequel is on:
I've never had trouble sorting out ideas, but I have gotten ahead of myself before. Heck, my Vivio/Yuuno series started as an idea for an alternate ending for Three's Company, and Three's Company has been stuck at chapter 1 for almost a year

Also, most times I have myself playing out the climaxes of fics in my head more than stuff leading up to it.
Old 2010-04-15, 23:53   Link #24404
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I've never had trouble sorting out ideas, but I have gotten ahead of myself before. Heck, my Vivio/Yuuno series started as an idea for an alternate ending for Three's Company, and Three's Company has been stuck at chapter 1 for almost a year

Also, most times I have myself playing out the climaxes of fics in my head more than stuff leading up to it.

*laughs*. Yeah...that's happened to me in several instances. Sometimes, when I'm asleep, the ideas start playing in my head almost like a scene from a film or something like that, and the next day sometimes I still recall it easily for some reason. LOL.

As I started writing that sample that I posted, I have this sudden urge to read a book called "The Ghost Writer". (There's a line said by my one of my OC's that gives a slight reference to the main part of the book in the sample that I posted).

As for the fanfic that you mentioned...I did come across it but...I haven't had time to read it yet. Either that or I've only heard of the title.
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 01:40   Link #24405
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:

Spoiler for Shadows of Deception (Sample):
Well, to me it happens all the time. My (weird?) way of writing my stuff is that I have several disconected scenes or snippets already typed down, but don't have the story leading to them, so sometimes the story ends up making weird turns, and I have to make small changes on them or brush aside the whole scene.

I have a habit of deleting them after they are unused, but here's a few that I didn't yet.

Spoiler for Decisions unused drafts:

Spoiler for Cards And Devices Unused Drafts:

Granted, these are from past chapters. I still have more here for future chapters, but it's unlikely that I'll use them, since the lead up changed.

Do you guys write this way too?
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 02:23   Link #24406
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, while I do think up several disconnected scenes, it's only like that in my head. When I actually sit down and write stuff, I do it all in proper order, save for perhaps some lines I thought were good and wanted to get down before I forget them.
Old 2010-04-16, 06:47   Link #24407
NeoEevee

*sneaks in*

Er, hello all. ^^; Newbie here. I'm that weird little fangirl that watches Syaoran but hears Vanitas, and then writes a Tsubasa Chronicles/Kingdom Hearts Fusion Fic because of it.

I need a teeny bit of help, though. Anyone know where I can find more information on Dark Nanoha? I sort of need it for a long-term project of mine.

...why no I have absolutely no intentions to try and pair her up with Vanitas why on earth do you ask...
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 07:25   Link #24408
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
*sneaks in*

Er, hello all. ^^; Newbie here. I'm that weird little fangirl that watches Syaoran but hears Vanitas, and then writes a Tsubasa Chronicles/Kingdom Hearts Fusion Fic because of it.

I need a teeny bit of help, though. Anyone know where I can find more information on Dark Nanoha? I sort of need it for a long-term project of mine.

...why no I have absolutely no intentions to try and pair her up with Vanitas why on earth do you ask...
Hey! Welcome to the board <3

Dark Nanoha, huh? you mean "Material-S" right?

Her voice is a little deeper than Nanoha's and it could appear down right sexy if used right Uhmm... She's really polite and to the point. She's like Heero from Gundam wing, I'm told. Her mage rank is about S- or so, or possibly AAA+. In the game she is faster than Nanoha, does about 150% more damage than her, and charges her attacks quicker. Her final is a Starlight breaker clone called Lucerion (spelling?) breaker. Her Divine Buster is called "Blast Shoot" as well ( we think that's what she's saying in the game at least. Short hair, livid blue eyes. There are several pics of her on the image thread if you need.

I'm also doing a fic on her here called "MaterialS" :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 07:57   Link #24409
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Nostalgia attacks can be very random and very dangerous One struck me and I had to write this:

Spoiler for The New Guy:

Spoiler for Reference:
That's a dangerous nostalgia attack right there, man. Still left a grin on my face.

Hm...... with this whole nostalgic feeling going on, I wonder how Oe Kintaro would fit in with the world of Mid-Childa aside from unleashing the usual chivalrous perverted hijinks.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:21   Link #24410
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Oh, definitely. Generally when I first get an idea, it's a very basic one: it's focused on this character, this plot point, and things happen. As I begin to write and develop things, though, sometimes I realize that I'm getting new ideas for it that aren't exactly what I originally had in mind, and gradually I end up in a new direction.

BtBR is a classic example. In the original story, back when I first started, it was very Nanoha-centric, there was more blatant NanoFate, Elise and Fiasse were just side characters, and Precia was back from the dead. Ironically enough, it wasn't until I started jotting down how the BtBR versions of Elise and Fiasse would be different from their TH counterparts that I got incredibly interested in developing them, and eventually the plot came to revolve around their pasts.
Old 2010-04-16, 11:53   Link #24411
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So who's up for some Erio/Caro?

Spoiler for A Short Date:
Old 2010-04-16, 12:11   Link #24412
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
So who's up for some Erio/Caro?

Spoiler for A Short Date:
Heh... quite cute! And poor Erio at the end.

Hmmmm, any chance of you doing a series of Erio drabbles like you did for Vice? Hell, I might want to give writing the adventures of the Erio gland a try... even though I pretty much know the bare minimum stuff about MGLN.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:28   Link #24413
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Hmmmm, any chance of you doing a series of Erio drabbles like you did for Vice?
Hm, probably not a very good one The reason Vice got that treatment is because he's my favourite male character and I wanted to write about him (while also making up for the lack of Teana/Vice out there), but the ideas I had weren't enough to make a full fic, so I turned them into drabbles.

Erio's ok, but not really high on my list I do make sure to include him in stuff (my one Vice drabble was about him bonding with Erio) but when it comes to him being the main focus, I got nothing.

Heck, the story I just posted stemmed from a desire to write Caro and use her height as a plot point

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-04-16 at 13:41.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 15:05   Link #24414
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

Heck, the story I just posted stemmed from a desire to write Caro and use her height as a plot point
I actually wanted to do some Caro/Erio when I saw the shortness thing in Vividly. They make such a cute couple. I should continue that little short I did back in the day about Caro and Erio at the wildlife reserve.... hmmmmmm... You inspired me :3

BTW, it was a cute short you did about them ^^
Old 2010-04-16, 20:35   Link #24415
NeoEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Hey! Welcome to the board <3

Dark Nanoha, huh? you mean "Material-S" right?

Her voice is a little deeper than Nanoha's and it could appear down right sexy if used right Uhmm... She's really polite and to the point. She's like Heero from Gundam wing, I'm told. Her mage rank is about S- or so, or possibly AAA+. In the game she is faster than Nanoha, does about 150% more damage than her, and charges her attacks quicker. Her final is a Starlight breaker clone called Lucerion (spelling?) breaker. Her Divine Buster is called "Blast Shoot" as well ( we think that's what she's saying in the game at least. Short hair, livid blue eyes. There are several pics of her on the image thread if you need.

I'm also doing a fic on her here called "MaterialS" :3
:3

Eh, I actually meant one I found while digging through some of the older stuff.

Spoiler for Dark Nanoha(?):

^The best I could find with a google image search. xD; Along with some Chuck Norris Jokes-style stuff from the early posts in the Humor thread. From my research, she's apparantly from a doujinshi series.

Buuut I could work with Material-S if need be. I'll probably be... tweaking her origins a bit, though. -w-
Old 2010-04-16, 22:23   Link #24416
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

Buuut I could work with Material-S if need be. I'll probably be... tweaking her origins a bit, though. -w-
that's what fanfics are all about, right? taking characters and twisting them around in situations.
Old 2010-04-16, 22:34   Link #24417
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
that's what fanfics are all about, right? taking characters and twisting them around in situations.
*takes a peek at FF.net* Very twisted indeed.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:46   Link #24418
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Speaking of, I've posted A Short Date to FF.net
Old 2010-04-16, 22:49   Link #24419
NeoEevee

Quote:
Indeed. ^w^

*runs off to draw Dark Nanoha for future reference*

By the way, I think I'll give my Dark Nanoha a different name. Any suggestions? Bonus points if they mean something symbolic. Bonus bonus points if they sound similar to "Nanoha."
Old 2010-04-16, 22:51   Link #24420
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Indeed. ^w^

*runs off to draw Dark Nanoha for future reference*

By the way, I think I'll give my Dark Nanoha a different name. Any suggestions? Bonus points if they mean something symbolic. Bonus bonus points if they sound similar to "Nanoha."
Manoha, for great justice!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha