AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 20:12   Link #24461
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Sniperk, this is for you!

Thanks to itanshi1 for betaing, any additional errors are my stylistic choosing!

Some things are getting better while others are getting worse....

ANGEL
Is second-best really good enough?

Spoiler for Angel, chapter 12: Full Circle:
Yay *-*

You got a rabid fanboy on your ankles now.

Spoiler:
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:05   Link #24462
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Vivio: *stares* .............Cia?
Lutecia: Um, yes?
Vivio: Bathroom. Now. *hungry smirk*
Lutecia: @_@!!!

Now I wonder if Lutecia wearing a suit to the dance was a good move for her and her virginity.

Quote:

Thanks to itanshi1 for betaing, any additional errors are my stylistic choosing!

ANGEL

Previous Parts:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Next Chapter: Level Field

I swear, with every good moment you put in a chapter, you load it up with another moment that's about ten times as sad.

The NanoFate moments are sweet, and it's nice to see Nanoha warming up to Fate and making moves on her, even if it's hard to tell at the moment if it's because of Fate herself or if it's because Nanoha is viewing Fate as a replacement for Alicia.

Yeah, um, the Hayate bits. They hurt. A lot. That is all.

Also, maybe I'm nitpicking a bit, but the Alicia worship is getting a little old and grating now. Or maybe that's just me, but honestly, when they started talking about her again I barely even resisted rolling my eyes. She's starting to cross a dangerous line with me.

And hints of plot! Looks like Hayate saw Precia poking around, and now she's having visions of the future. Oh, my, my.

Update soon!
Old 2010-04-18, 21:30   Link #24463
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:

ANGEL

Previous Parts:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Next Chapter: Level Field
UPDATE! *pounce* I'm glad they're treating Fate much better now (and I chuckled when Arf roughed up Nanoha. Everyone deserves to be roughed up by an annoyed Arf!); I laughed when Signum interrupted a moment between Nanoha and Fate but now I'm afraid of Nanoha's answer re: Signum's statement.

Hayate's going to be in a long roller coaster ride, isn't she?

I agree with RB... when I saw Alicia referred to again I wanted to facepalm but then again they are still working on their grief and Fate is physically identical to Alicia but at the same time I want to reach in my computer screen and shout: 'Get over it already!'
Old 2010-04-18, 22:04   Link #24464
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Escape is up on FF.Net now.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 22:08   Link #24465
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
Yay *-*

You got a rabid fanboy on your ankles now.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I should probably come straight out and have Hayate tell them, but that would be no fun now, would it?

Chrono and Amy don't get enough fluff , and I wanted to throw that in there to try and keep fleshing out the Wardens' motivations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Now I wonder if Lutecia wearing a suit to the dance was a good move for her and her virginity.
Don't worry, Nanoha's good at cockblocking .....

Quote:

I swear, with every good moment you put in a chapter, you load it up with another moment that's about ten times as sad.

The NanoFate moments are sweet, and it's nice to see Nanoha warming up to Fate and making moves on her, even if it's hard to tell at the moment if it's because of Fate herself or if it's because Nanoha is viewing Fate as a replacement for Alicia.

Yeah, um, the Hayate bits. They hurt. A lot. That is all.

Also, maybe I'm nitpicking a bit, but the Alicia worship is getting a little old and grating now. Or maybe that's just me, but honestly, when they started talking about her again I barely even resisted rolling my eyes. She's starting to cross a dangerous line with me.

And hints of plot! Looks like Hayate saw Precia poking around, and now she's having visions of the future. Oh, my, my.

Update soon!
I feel like I ought to throw more in the earlier chapters, moments of warm fuzziness or something ! I guess something I've hit at this moment is "Character vs. Plot" dilemma....I want to completely work out some of the character moments, but the plot's been dragging for some time and I want to keep the pace moving too.

No, thanks for pointing out the excessive hero-worship....I originally had a scene in there that included Hayate brow-beating the rest of them about the Alicia-worship, but I decided to cut it out . I'm planning on inserting more backstory of the other Angels earlier in the story when I revise the whole thing, so I may write up sections that will be labelled "Pretend this was in Chapter 3!" and so-forth, just so that the readers can understand a little more why the Angels worship Alicia so much.

I had wanted to avoid having scenes that directly show Alicia, just a stylistic element I was playing with....but it doesn't seem to have worked very well , so I'll probably end up writing some more scenes to show how the Angels were like with Alicia, to hopefully give better context for all their "We miss Alicia" scenes!

Nobody ever believes that Precia's doing anything innocent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
UPDATE! *pounce* I'm glad they're treating Fate much better now (and I chuckled when Arf roughed up Nanoha. Everyone deserves to be roughed up by an annoyed Arf!); I laughed when Signum interrupted a moment between Nanoha and Fate but now I'm afraid of Nanoha's answer re: Signum's statement.

Hayate's going to be in a long roller coaster ride, isn't she?

I agree with RB... when I saw Alicia referred to again I wanted to facepalm but then again they are still working on their grief and Fate is physically identical to Alicia but at the same time I want to reach in my computer screen and shout: 'Get over it already!'
Arf's pretty protective of Fate . Signum's always fun to have her be the one to walk in on things, since you know she'll be utterly emotionless and deadpan while the others get all flustered!

Poor, poor Hayate.....

I think part of it is my fault too, in terms of timeline....it's really only been less than a month since Alicia died, which really isn't that much time by real life standards! (Chapters 1-7 take place in the span of 3 days!) So I really can't blame them for still grieving over Alicia, although now they're referring to Alicia in relation to Fate and not the other way around... But duly noted, I'll make sure the wangst doesn't go too far !
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 22:22   Link #24466
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Don't worry, Nanoha's good at cockblocking .....
Is that a hint?

Quote:
I think part of it is my fault too, in terms of timeline....it's really only been less than a month since Alicia died, which really isn't that much time by real life standards! (Chapters 1-7 take place in the span of 3 days!) So I really can't blame them for still grieving over Alicia, although now they're referring to Alicia in relation to Fate and not the other way around... But duly noted, I'll make sure the wangst doesn't go too far !
Speaking from personal experience (and maybe it's not best to compare my memories to those of the Angels, but meh, why not? ), at least, in my case it took me a very long time to open up and talk to anybody about Lance and Lexa after they died. I pretty much clammed up on them for awhile, especially when it was still recent and the pain was fresh and sharp. Granted, the Angels obviously hold Alica in hero-worship, which I never did with Lance and Lexa, but just my thoughts.
Old 2010-04-18, 22:29   Link #24467
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Is that a hint?
I want to join that running bet on Nanoha's side! As sly as Vivio might think she's being, Nanoha has the Mother-Knows-Everything power going for her .

Quote:
Speaking from personal experience (and maybe it's not best to compare my memories to those of the Angels, but meh, why not? ), at least, in my case it took me a very long time to open up and talk to anybody about Lance and Lexa after they died. I pretty much clammed up on them for awhile, especially when it was still recent and the pain was fresh and sharp. Granted, the Angels obviously hold Alica in hero-worship, which I never did with Lance and Lexa, but just my thoughts.
That's fair. I guess I'm playing on the notion of Nanoha and Carim being more expressive types about their grief, while Signum is more stoic and private about it. (We won't even get into Precia's way of dealing with grief! ) I'm imagining them trying to deal with the fact that Alicia died in front of them, then to have what seems like her "ghost" interacting with them daily to keep them from truly moving on...

But yeah, I'll have to go over all of them again and make sure that they've got pretty distinct reactions to Alicia's death, not just openly angsting about it . And probably go look up the 5 stages of grief model and all.....
Old 2010-04-18, 22:31   Link #24468
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I want to join that running bet on Nanoha's side! As sly as Vivio might think she's being, Nanoha has the Mother-Knows-Everything power going for her .
And as sly as Vivio likes to think she is, nothing changes the fact that Lutecia herself might end up being a cockblock. After all, no doubt she wants it, but she also has a healthy fear and respect of Nanoha, so she knows.
Old 2010-04-19, 00:02   Link #24469
darkalpha

I should've gone to bed already, but I just wanted to finish this one up, seeing how I've put off on writing this for far long enough (as Satashi can attest if she recongizes the fic concept I'm working on ). Originally I wasn't planning on a prelude/prologue of sorts, but I thought it might be for best to provide a bit of background needed for later chapters.

Bound to the Cover of Darkness
- prologue - : - An Unassuming Gentleman

Spoiler:

I already have first chapter written but I'd like to go over it once more again before posting it. 2nd chapter's almost done as well but here's hoping by posting this work I'll be encouraged to finish it. To be honest, even though I've got the general story plot planned out, I still haven't finalized the details because I'm the type who comes with stuff as writing goes on.

And... AS fails for not supporting tabs (hey, I'm used to tabs :P )
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 03:02   Link #24470
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Wah, can you believe I had the Word document for this open all day, yet I didn't actually start working on it until 3 am? x_x I blame several Three Kingdoms adaptations and TV Tropes.

Anywho, I'm dedicating this to Satashi, who I had the spontaneous urge to write something for (well, maybe not so spontaneous Satashi knows what probably brought it on).

So here's some Vivio/Einhart

Spoiler for All That Matters:

Yeah, like I said, 3 am (4 am right now), so if it's full of weirdness and mistakes, blame me being tired

... Hm, now I've written Vivio/Yuuno, Vivio/Lutecia, and Vivio/Einhart. I just need to write some Vivio/Syn and I'll complete the whole set!

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-04-19 at 03:36.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 06:52   Link #24471
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Wah, can you believe I had the Word document for this open all day, yet I didn't actually start working on it until 3 am? x_x I blame several Three Kingdoms adaptations and TV Tropes.

Anywho, I'm dedicating this to Satashi, who I had the spontaneous urge to write something for (well, maybe not so spontaneous Satashi knows what probably brought it on).

Yeah, like I said, 3 am (4 am right now), so if it's full of weirdness and mistakes, blame me being tired

... Hm, now I've written Vivio/Yuuno, Vivio/Lutecia, and Vivio/Einhart. I just need to write some Vivio/Syn and I'll complete the whole set!
Awwww. I normally find Vivio/Einhart to be mildly creepy (that whole genetic memory thing. I can't help but feel that poor Einhart's being forced into it by her ancestor's crush and that makes my skin crawl), but this was sorta cute. Kudos.

And sadly, there is no 'whole set', dear boy. This is Nanoha. You can make a legitimate case for anyone being in love with anyone else. I'm sure someone, somewhere, has written Vivio/Deed based on that one time in episode 17 they were in the the same scene for a few seconds.

You see, Deed attacked Erio to keep him away from Vivio, yes... not for the Doctor's ambitions, but for her own burning love.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 10:45   Link #24472
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:

Cute. There's one thing that I have to agree with Moczo tough. The idea of Einhart having the 'genetic memory' is creepy, considering that she was a he in the past life and had, if I remember correctly, a unrequited love for the younger Takamachi's original.
Old 2010-04-19, 11:07   Link #24473
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
ANGEL
I liked the new chapter. A lot happened/was revealed, even though there wasn't much out-and-out-action.

Best line below:

Quote:
“You weren’t?” Signum asked, apathically curious.
Though I think you meant "apathetically".
Old 2010-04-19, 11:47   Link #24474
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Awwww. I normally find Vivio/Einhart to be mildly creepy (that whole genetic memory thing. I can't help but feel that poor Einhart's being forced into it by her ancestor's crush and that makes my skin crawl), but this was sorta cute. Kudos.
Thanks Yeah, I don't like the pairing either, but like I said I wrote it for Satashi because I know Satashi does likes the pairing But the whole "Einhart doesn't really love Vivio, it's just her ancestor's memories" thing is a plot point that could be seriously explored in a more drama focused fic. Since I just wrote some fluff though, I just said "it doesn't matter, they like each other anyways."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
And sadly, there is no 'whole set', dear boy.
Heh, I was refering more to the popular Vivio pairings. Pretty much everyone else pairs her with either Syn, Lutecia, or Einhart, and now I've done two of the three. Of course I'm less inclined to do Vivio/Syn, though, as not only is Syn an OC, she's some one else's OC, so I don't really know her and wouldn't be able to figure out how she and Vivio would mesh together =/

Quote:
Cute. There's one thing that I have to agree with Moczo tough. The idea of Einhart having the 'genetic memory' is creepy, considering that she was a he in the past life and had, if I remember correctly, a unrequited love for the younger Takamachi's original.
Well, Ingewald and Olivie's relationship is as ambiguous as pretty much every other relationship in the franchise. At one point it is said they were raised together like siblings. Of course there's that whole "It's impossible for a male and a female to have a plutonic relationship" thing tends to influence some. Then again "it's impossible for two females to have a plutonic relationship" thing is also prevalent in this fandom

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-04-19 at 12:10.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 12:40   Link #24475
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
And as sly as Vivio likes to think she is, nothing changes the fact that Lutecia herself might end up being a cockblock. After all, no doubt she wants it, but she also has a healthy fear and respect of Nanoha, so she knows.
Aw, that just ruins all the Nanoha-as-a-protective-dad-with-a-shotgun fun! No wonder Fate doesn't seem as disapproving of Lutecia ..........

Quote:

Cheater! Well, I think Einhart liked losing in that case . I don't know much about Einhard, so the whole genetic memory thing wasn't on my mind when I read it... Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I liked the new chapter. A lot happened/was revealed, even though there wasn't much out-and-out-action.

Though I think you meant "apathetically".
Thanks for that! I'll correct it .

Next chapter should have more action .
Old 2010-04-19, 14:58   Link #24476
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Aw, that just ruins all the Nanoha-as-a-protective-dad-with-a-shotgun fun! No wonder Fate doesn't seem as disapproving of Lutecia ..........
Well, Lutecia is smarter than that. Or at least, she's smart enough to connect the dots and know that if she lays a hand on Vivio before she's eighteen, not even Fate or Vivio herself can save her. She'd like to be alive when Vivio turns eighteen.
Old 2010-04-19, 15:57   Link #24477
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Well, Ingewald and Olivie's relationship is as ambiguous as pretty much every other relationship in the franchise. At one point it is said they were raised together like siblings. Of course there's that whole "It's impossible for a male and a female to have a plutonic relationship" thing tends to influence some. Then again "it's impossible for two females to have a plutonic relationship" thing is also prevalent in this fandom
Please, tell that you meant 'platonic'. xD
Old 2010-04-19, 16:12   Link #24478
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Please, tell that you meant 'platonic'. xD
Yes, I did >_< Oops.
Old 2010-04-19, 16:16   Link #24479
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Lies. Their relationships are obviously radioactive. They positively glow with happiness and ambiguity.
Old 2010-04-19, 16:54   Link #24480
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I approve of a radioactive relationship.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha