ImperialFlameGod8190

sapper u most definitely arent
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 17:59   Link #182
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Am I the only one tired of social classes? It's starting to get annoying with all the downing they do...
Well, its one of the easy way to provide interesting character and conflict.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:20   Link #183
EvI

sapper i was once like you man but you know what? if you are a harem god you have to accept the way things go , at least the protagonist is not a little child and actually wants a women, he even talks about marriage already...
he just won't do anything to the swordies because they fall in love with this sword style and not himself (in a human view of things) but as the others said before if any of them asked him i bet he would do something...
but i understand you (hi madan no ou thread)
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 23:53   Link #184
ZeKeR
Superbad

think I'll be taking that speculation where the mother is something else.

damn... now I wish that he can dual wield so he can be unique again.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:36   Link #185
Kna

anything but dual wielded, please.... I really got sick of that.
I blame SAO for the dual wield crap....
yes, I hate it with passion...

Dual wield might has some Cool factor in it but it's impractical as hell. When you wielded two swords at once the power of your strike got reduce to the half. Your attack speed will also get reduced not to mention the weight that will drag you down and tired you out quicker than normal..
Someone who's ambidextrous might be able to pull it off though.

Hence when ppl do dual wielding they did it with short sword in their off-hand and use it mostly to parry the blow not attacking. No sane person would wield long sword or broad sword in both hand and expect to come out on top in a fight.

The olden way of the MC is cool and unique enough as it is, there's no need to add something so unrealistic like dual wielding in his arsenal, leave it to those shonen crap, please.

damn, I hope Dual wielding fever end soon
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 02:50   Link #186
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kna View Post

Dual wield might has some Cool factor in it but it's impractical as hell. When you wielded two swords at once the power of your strike got reduce to the half. Your attack speed will also get reduced not to mention the weight that will drag you down and tired you out quicker than normal..

Hence when ppl do dual wielding they did it with short sword in their off-hand and use it mostly to parry the blow not attacking. No sane person would wield long sword or broad sword in both hand and expect to come out on top in a fight.

The olden way of the MC is cool and unique enough as it is, there's no need to add something so unrealistic like dual wielding in his arsenal, leave it to those shonen crap, please.

Dual swords isn't quite as impractical as you seem to think either. In reality its not cutting your strikes power in half at all, because its impossible to get all your strength put into the blow with the off-hand. The range of motion just isn't that good. Not to mention you don't throw all your strength into a swing to begin with. Your not trying to cut the guy in half.

Its impracticalities come from the swords getting in the way of each other. Most people just aren't ambidextrous enough to keep from fumbling it even though it has its advantages.

That said, I don't want to see another dual wielder either. Authors just seem to throw it in for rule of cool rather than putting any thought into the advantages and disadvantages.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 05:28   Link #187
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:

I don't think dual wield fever will be over soon, cause one sword itself is already done to death. Its hard to see something new with only one sword. Besides, stuff done in fiction is usually impossible to do in real life anyway, whether its using one sword of two sword, its not really a stretch to imagine those fiction character using two sword considering their mad skillz.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 08:37   Link #188
golem517

Quote:

do you like 1 big ass sword like berserk? cutting enemy in half?
golem517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 09:26   Link #189
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

How many dual wield MC could you name, since I could only name about 3.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:56   Link #190
XFire
150% done

Quote:

I'd like to point out that in most of those settings the MC has access to super-human strength and speed that essentially renders your objections moot.
Old 2013-08-16, 12:07   Link #191
Kna

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem517 View Post
do you like 1 big ass sword like berserk? cutting enemy in half?
Nah, that's also bad and unrealistic but I'm willing to overlook Berserk since it's fantasy setting and MC purposed for using dragon slayer is to fight apostles which are monsters.
What's more, MC won't be able to wield his sword if he's severe injured (unlike those big sword MC from other manga/LN) and the story was decent (before it went RPG route anyway).

2-handed sword is nice in it's sheer intimidating value but it's also hard to use in 1 on 1 fight and drain a lot of stamina with each swing so unless the MC has superhuman strength like swordie he better stick with his katana.

one-handed sword style if done right is good enough IMO and if you need some thing cool since he's using katana maybe making him use Iai move instead? (one hit kill is always welcome ) or maybe he can go Witcher route using one-handed sword with the right and casting spell with the left?
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 13:01   Link #192
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

I guess I also have dual wield fever haha but from before SAO, my love for it comes from Vagabond/Miyamoto Musashi as can be seen from my avatar. Now I admit most dual wielders on the internet & fiction are asking to get whacked over the head but you would never catch me going up against a professional Niten Ichi ryu user. They are like a impenetrable fortress, I think someone else in a different thread mention dualwield was actually a defensive style. That said, dual swords of any type is awesome imo xD, but the mc may use two short swords for realism like Kamito's assassination swords.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 13:11   Link #193
Mars Mode

Come on guys everybody knows santoryuu is the real deal.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 13:55   Link #194
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

For better or for worse, dual swords will make an appearance in this series later on (as for which individuals utilize that style or when it'll occur, you'll just have to wait for that)......I don't think it's that bad as long as they don't make a big deal out of it (it's not any cooler than a singular sword imo). It's just another style, nothing more. But if you're that against it, I've warned you ahead of time.
Old 2013-08-16, 23:46   Link #195
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well, I don't really mind our MC using duel sword, but I can't imagine where or why he would need to wield two weapons.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-08-17, 07:09   Link #196
ZeKeR
Superbad

sword level blades dual wielded = not practical at all

short sword dual wielded = possible

IMO, he could have the jack of all trades in swords and be deadly with any blade he holds, even a dagger could be sufficient.

also, I think if he can be armed with other blades:

nodachi - since its a bigga and longa version of his standard katana, I guess he'll trade his high speed for cutting range at most. adding the fact he's already deadly with his standard blade, why not the nodachi? Sasaki Kojiro could be reputed to use it to great effect, why not him?

kodachi - I don't really think of the guy getting really REALLY close but these might give him better speed and mobility (not as fast as his master's sister tho) and better close-in speeds. not sure of cutting power tho.
Old 2013-08-17, 07:26   Link #197
R.LocK
My turn

Plot thickens~ It's about the time Kuro needs to watch out for more attacks aimd at Sefi~
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 07:36   Link #198
ImperialFlameGod8190

I agree the plot thickens things are about to get interesting unfortunately not in a good way
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 07:39   Link #199
darkofficer
just a devil

And here i was thinking that she would be in the harem I was wrong
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 09:06   Link #200
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well that was unexpected, never would of guessed it that she would die.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j