AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-02, 22:50   Link #41
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 5

This was just a generally fun exploration of family along with some competition and stargazing. Heck, the long title just about says it all. I enjoyed the walking song. I do wonder if we're going to learn something special about Kana before the show is finished. She seems unnaturally gifted with musical healing as has been noted and shown a few times now. It seems odd to the others that she could see the "healing visions" I think the others called them even at a young age.
Old 2022-05-03, 01:26   Link #42
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I was waiting for Renge-chan to show up, playing her recorder.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 04:41   Link #43
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I was waiting for Renge-chan to show up, playing her recorder.

LOL. This episode indeed was very NNB-like. It reminded me that I still have not seen the final OVA.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 01:20   Link #44
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

As far as cultural-festival-band performances go, I'd rank this one ahead of even the legendary Suzumiya Haruhi show, but still behind the one in Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru - where they also wore maid costumes.
Old 2022-05-17, 04:53   Link #45
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Animation-wise it was not as good as in KyoAni works, but better than SaeKano or OreGairu S1. And I am a bit disappointed sensei decided not to sing. Her VA is one of my favorite singers in the industry.
Old 2022-05-17, 08:47   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I rather liked it, though it was weird that they switched the music for the OP and ED (without switching the animation)...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 09:20   Link #47
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yep, maybe they were tight on the schedule and fix it for DVD/BD. But considering the show low popularity...
Old 2022-05-30, 16:13   Link #48
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-14 at 07:32.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-10, 09:50   Link #49
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 8

Catching back up on this because... uh... I forgot it existed. But this was a good episode. The emotional history of Reimi and her maid were actually well done. I loved the core theme of the episode: You helped me achieve my dream, so now, it's my time to help you achieve yours.

If anything, I found the teacher moving to Tokyo and the maid coming back at the end was a bit of a let down. I'd rather they stayed with the emotional separation. But... the episode did its job pretty well, so I'm fine with even the ending.
Old 2022-06-13, 15:44   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

The harmony near the end reminded me of Kalafina.
Old 2022-06-14, 01:02   Link #51
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

This week's episode, from one of the animators' Twitter feed:

I'm so amazed by how many anime series there are about creativity and what it means to be an artist. Anyone proposing a series like that here in America would get laughed out of every agent's office in Hollywood, and never even see the front lobby of a studio.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2022-06-14 at 10:04.
Old 2022-06-14, 02:55   Link #52
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Anyone proposing a series like that here in America would get laughed out of ever agent's office in Hollywood, and never even see the front lobby of a studio.
Atleast they have some other good genre of Series, which actually follow-through with the main plot.

Like the common "Medical Series" or those "Teenage Series", which atleast follow through on the main plot somewhat (and some of the aspect discussed are accurate and useful for people).

I have seen other countries (like were i live) try those plots, while there was a good "Teenage Series" many years back, there aren't anymore like that now.
As for Medical Series, it had been tried many times, and all of them end-up becoming generic "family conspiracy drama" after like 10 episodes, without a single hint or discussion relating to medical stuff (even though it was promoted as being a medical series).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 22:22   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 22:31   Link #54
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I think I enjoyed episodes 8, 9, 10, and 11 the most out of the series. They put a bit more focus on the girls' struggles. Surely this won't go down as one of my favorites or a first in line recommendation, but it was... nice.
Old 2022-06-21, 00:55   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

LOL @ Kana, just arrived in America and someone surprises her, and what's the first thing she says? "Don't shoot me!"

Also, when the other two girls were driving out to find her, I looked at the landscape and thought, "That looks a lot like here in Southern California." Then I saw that it was on fire, and it really looked like Southern California.

This finale could easily have been a two-parter, but I guess they didn't have the budget or the extra time slot. That's showbiz. I'm not sure how many people will remember this series in the long run, but I sure will.
Old 2022-06-21, 10:27   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

Certainly feels like healthcare in America would be "hard mode" . Was a nice feel good watch, better than I thought it would be.

8/10
Old 2022-06-21, 15:52   Link #57
Dop
Mmmm....

Would have to agree that the last episode would have been better as a two parter so we could have got more of the trio's adventures in their training, especially with Kana in America at the scene of a disaster.

So this was an enjoyable show that I liked watching, but i suspect may have faded into the background hum of pleasant fluffy CGDCT type shows were it not for that one thing which set it apart.

The times the show just went into full-on Musical mode were the best, and I really enjoyed that aspect of the show. Would really like to see more shows do that sort of thing, people singing as part of their daily activity not just as performances, makes a nice change from all the idol shows.

Overall a nicely surprising show which I went into with no real expectations but was charmed by.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 20:04   Link #58
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It was the most underrated show of the season for me. It was not perfect, but it did what it planned to as good as it could. It is also always nice hearing Ayahi Takagaki utilizing her vocal abilities (to bad she was not the main focus here).

But people prefer generic idol shows over something like this. Eh...
Old 2022-06-26, 18:06   Link #59
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm sort of curious where Kana was supposed to be located, from the map it looks like New Jersey or something.

I ended up a couple episodes behind and finally caught up; that was better than expected overall, probably a 7.5 or so. I really liked Kana's seiyuu as well as a couple others. Wouldn't mind seeing more anime "musicals" in the future.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote