Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-06-18, 19:19   Link #1261
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Aerith's quote from the trailer is really giving me hope that she can be saved from her fate
I struggle with them undoing it because it's so embedded in the lore of FF VII.

And even if they do, I'd hazard a guess that they'd do a Final Destination kind of deal.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 02:30   Link #1262
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I struggle with them undoing it because it's so embedded in the lore of FF VII.

And even if they do, I'd hazard a guess that they'd do a Final Destination kind of deal.
Yes it's embedded in the OG FF7 but you have to think about Sephiroth's PoV in this. He knows that killing Aerith will lead to his eventual defeat as that what happened in the OG version. So I think he's trying to find options on messing up the events that led to his loss. Sephiroth in the Remake is already fucking up Cloud's mind much earlier than the OG game.

In a story plotline standpoint as well the death of Aerith won't have the same impact in the Remake as the original as back then it's rare for main characters to actually die in their story. Nowadays that plot's a dime a dozen. So Square Enix will need to find another to raise the stakes in the Remake to capture the emotions envoked in the Original.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 07:45   Link #1263
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually in theory it doesn't matter if she lives or dies because she would still manage to summon Holy either way. What he needs to do is sever her connection to the planet and the lifestream to prevent that.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 19:53   Link #1264
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Yes it's embedded in the OG FF7 but you have to think about Sephiroth's PoV in this. He knows that killing Aerith will lead to his eventual defeat as that what happened in the OG version. So I think he's trying to find options on messing up the events that led to his loss. Sephiroth in the Remake is already fucking up Cloud's mind much earlier than the OG game.

In a story plotline standpoint as well the death of Aerith won't have the same impact in the Remake as the original as back then it's rare for main characters to actually die in their story. Nowadays that plot's a dime a dozen. So Square Enix will need to find another to raise the stakes in the Remake to capture the emotions envoked in the Original.
Completely agreed that there's no way to make it like the shock and have the emotion of the original. But I think they can't really get around "removing" her in some fashion from the main group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Actually in theory it doesn't matter if she lives or dies because she would still manage to summon Holy either way. What he needs to do is sever her connection to the planet and the lifestream to prevent that.
Which I'd still see as her "dying" in some respect. Like moving onto another plane of existence.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-27, 13:27   Link #1265
Homura7

Guess this is a good time to bring this back.

https://ibb.co/dGF9KnP
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 06:46   Link #1266
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I decided to replay it to see the Japanese voices. I gotta say I found Cloud surprisingly dorky rather than badass in this version. ´Probably the best example of dorky Cloud is when he gives Tifa a flower and the actor does an awkward tone like the guy is embarrassed as a result of trying to be romantic
Old 2023-02-17, 13:33   Link #1267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's pretty much the point, yes. Even if Cloud put a super cool and arrogant merc facade, he was originally quite dorky when it is outside of his expertise, which is pretty much everything except fighting.
Old 2023-02-24, 07:42   Link #1268
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Defeated that stupid giant house and got the extra limit break for Cloud. Still I gotta learn how to control Aerith in order to get her other limit break. Also, the hand massage.... what the heck was that? Only thing I know is Cloud is bottom from that.
Old 2023-03-26, 06:40   Link #1269
Jaden

This is yet another one of those games that I held off on playing until there was a sale.

I never finished FF7 in the first place, and I didn't like any of its extended universe bullshit. And I figured this remake would just be a bit of fanservice with a nice coat of paint - not for me.

Played it and the DLC now, and must say it's totally won me over. Easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Just playing it is a lot of fun, but I'm even into the lore now. I watched a full playthrough of the original FF7, and watched the animes, because I wanted to fully grasp the meta-storytelling that's happening. I'm doing a hard mode playthrough now, and I guess I have to play Crisis Core as well. They also seem to be borrowing from Dirge of Cerberus in the remake, but I've been told not to touch that.
Old 2023-03-30, 09:28   Link #1270
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering how Nomura redesigns Sora in every main installment I wonder if Cloud is gonna get this treatment in Rebirth just like he did with the movie and Kingdom Hearts. I also wonder if Vincent's Limit Break will make him look like the Chaos thing from the shooting game
Old 2023-03-30, 11:37   Link #1271
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Considering how Nomura redesigns Sora in every main installment I wonder if Cloud is gonna get this treatment in Rebirth just like he did with the movie and Kingdom Hearts. I also wonder if Vincent's Limit Break will make him look like the Chaos thing from the shooting game
Nomura is not the character designer for Rebirth, nor is he the director.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-30, 11:55   Link #1272
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Nomura is not the character designer for Rebirth, nor is he the director.
What? I thought he was in Remake specifically because he was one of the original designers with Kitase.
Old 2023-03-30, 12:49   Link #1273
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
What? I thought he was in Remake specifically because he was one of the original designers with Kitase.

Check the credits.

He was the director for Remake (Part 1) with Naoki Hamaguchi. The character designer was Roberto Ferrari.

For Rebirth, Hamaguchi is left as the main Director while Nomura is the Creative Director, which means he is there as the executive figurehead and will be hands-off on the development.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/...943300?lang=en
Old 2023-06-08, 17:04   Link #1274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They dropped another trailer. Looks to be on track with the original game. I want to say
Spoiler for Trailer:
Old 2023-06-08, 18:57   Link #1275
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point just expect that anything goes.

Also this game is apparently 2 discs, meaning the game will be enormous...
Old 2023-06-08, 19:20   Link #1276
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They dropped another trailer. Looks to be on track with the original game. I want to say
Spoiler for Trailer:
We saw in the ending to Intergrade that

Spoiler for Intergrade ending:

Quote:

Blu-ray discs can only store 50 GBs at most, and I'm pretty sure there are already some games that go well beyond that.

I can't believe we're getting a multi-disc game in 2024
Old 2023-06-08, 20:39   Link #1277
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

PS5 Blu-Ray is 100-128 GB maximum, 25-50 GB is PS4. Kitase confirmed they already hit the limit (PS4) with Midgar thus Intergrade which also help to check how far they can push it (100 GB).

I kind of liking SE willing to go back to 'two discs' format after years trying their best to contain FF in single disc; now world map 'solved', FF VIII and IX remake please, LOL.
Old 2023-06-09, 01:43   Link #1278
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Trailer:
Definitely Alternate Timeline shenanigans happening in that scene.

Battles now have Duo Specials.

Quote:

Good. It needed to be. It's just not possible to cram the entire story of FFVII in a trilogy unless they do it this way.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-09, 04:57   Link #1279
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Based on the trailer itself though, I'm assuming that they will at the very least make it to Nibelheim. Given that Cloud's past story in Kalm will be the first big story section of the game, cutting out Nibelheim from part 2 probably doesn't make sense. I'm assuming they won't really show any of Cid or Vincent because that already presumes you reach and get past Nibelheim.

Since Yuffie is recruitable as early as the first forest zones which is past the cave, the absence of Vincent and Cid is understandable.

That said, perhaps the biggest speculation for the game right now is probably where it ends. A lot of people bet it's going to be... well...

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2023-06-09, 06:52   Link #1280
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Based on the trailer itself though, I'm assuming that they will at the very least make it to Nibelheim. Given that Cloud's past story in Kalm will be the first big story section of the game, cutting out Nibelheim from part 2 probably doesn't make sense. I'm assuming they won't really show any of Cid or Vincent because that already presumes you reach and get past Nibelheim
Looking at how flashback shown Tifa carrying Masamune, should be around Northern Crater, when Sephiroth shown illusion of real Nibelheim event instead of Cloud's version, also telling how his clones (hooded people) help keep him alive, including Cloud himself.

It make sense by that, we got Sonon as prototype spear user for Cid, after all. Vincent likely will be the last party member in case they wanted to keep his limit break nature reveal and relationship with Deepground from DoC.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg