AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-12, 11:08   Link #81
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

OP.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 11:26   Link #82
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If they ever released official numbers I'm sure the male character will be more played... It's like with Mass Effect, it was all about FemShep when you looked at the most vocal parts of the fanbase.. yet when they released official numbers for ME3 she was only used as an avatar by 18% of players.... I wouldn't be surprised for FGO if a double digit % of players haven't even changed it from the default setting once.....

FWIW I'm Gudako on JP and Gudao on NA....
I admit that I never bothered to switch from Gudao lol
Old 2019-10-12, 12:27   Link #83
MartianMage

I'm pretty sure Gudako is the default and not Gudao.

Anyway pretty good 2 episodes so far. Waiting for more eps is painful

edit: yep just checked a random vid on youtube with tutorial playthrough and the default is Gudako and not Gudao so if you have Gudao as avatar then it means you spared the effort to change.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 12:29   Link #84
darkofficer
just a devil

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 12:55   Link #85
Side-streetdog

I do like ED more than OP, it feel off
And I feel Fou kick could be far more deadly
Old 2019-10-12, 13:01   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I'm pretty sure Gudako is the default and not Gudao.

Anyway pretty good 2 episodes so far. Waiting for more eps is painful

edit: yep just checked a random vid on youtube with tutorial playthrough and the default is Gudako and not Gudao so if you have Gudao as avatar then it means you spared the effort to change.
Was it? Might be...3 years + already and I never touched it since then so I can barely recall. I think it was tied to the gender part underneath the birthday portion when you set it up though. Did they even ask your age before the game started BTW? You definitely had to set that if you wanted to whale.
Old 2019-10-12, 13:25   Link #87
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Was it? Might be...3 years + already and I never touched it since then so I can barely recall. I think it was tied to the gender part underneath the birthday portion when you set it up though. Did they even ask your age before the game started BTW? You definitely had to set that if you wanted to whale.
Nah the first thing the game will ask from you is your name and at this same screen the default will be Gudako. You have to press the slider here to switch to Gudao at this point anyway.

Age is only asked the moment you try to buy quartz and your birthday is something you set yourself in your profile but you can totally skip setting it.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 13:32   Link #88
Frontier

The Opening is definitely a departure from other Fate anime but I liked it. It's a very peppy and dynamic song, and the visuals were paired very well with it .

We also get to see what looks like the Three Goddesses Alliance and...the King of Mages? Plus Rin fighting our heroes ?

Ah, so that wasn't actually Enkidu? Or did the King of Mages resurrect him as a Servant to assist the Goddess Alliance? If he's a true fake, I don't see Gilgamesh reacting well to him .

Merlin!? Didn't expect to see him turn up, and this is the guy who helped turn Arturia into King Arthur. Although they portray him as such a useless cad who likes to stir things up that I have to wonder what he was like when interacting with her back then .

Poor Romani was so disilussioned. Him and Da Vinci taking turns sipping coffee while watching Merlin be Merlin was pretty amusing though .

Ana looks so much like F/SN Rider/Medusa that I thought it might've been a loli version of her for a second. I wonder who she really is? Maybe the scythe is a clue...she's really cute though, in an awkward and snarky kind of way .

So we've got a Caster, and...I dunno what Ana is, she doesn't seem like a Rider...Lancer or Assassin? I wonder if that helmet guy in the Opening is Berserker, Japanese swordswoman is either Saber/Assassin, spear guy seems like he's definitely Lancer .

So this is what Gilgamesh was like in his prime as king. He actually seems to do a pretty reasonable job at it, despite expectations from his more antagonistic role in past entries and how Merlin described him. Not a single "mongrel" was uttered, even! Of course, he's still too busy to spend time talking with our protagonists, so they've got to fight him .

The Ending is typical still shots of the cast in various moments while ending on Ritsuka and Mash, but they were very pretty still shots .
Old 2019-10-12, 15:03   Link #89
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The Opening is definitely a departure from other Fate anime but I liked it. It's a very peppy and dynamic song, and the visuals were paired very well with it .

We also get to see what looks like the Three Goddesses Alliance and...the King of Mages? Plus Rin fighting our heroes ?

Ah, so that wasn't actually Enkidu? Or did the King of Mages resurrect him as a Servant to assist the Goddess Alliance? If he's a true fake, I don't see Gilgamesh reacting well to him .

Merlin!? Didn't expect to see him turn up, and this is the guy who helped turn Arturia into King Arthur. Although they portray him as such a useless cad who likes to stir things up that I have to wonder what he was like when interacting with her back then .

Poor Romani was so disilussioned. Him and Da Vinci taking turns sipping coffee while watching Merlin be Merlin was pretty amusing though .

Ana looks so much like F/SN Rider/Medusa that I thought it might've been a loli version of her for a second. I wonder who she really is? Maybe the scythe is a clue...she's really cute though, in an awkward and snarky kind of way .

So we've got a Caster, and...I dunno what Ana is, she doesn't seem like a Rider...Lancer or Assassin? I wonder if that helmet guy in the Opening is Berserker, Japanese swordswoman is either Saber/Assassin, spear guy seems like he's definitely Lancer .

So this is what Gilgamesh was like in his prime as king. He actually seems to do a pretty reasonable job at it, despite expectations from his more antagonistic role in past entries and how Merlin described him. Not a single "mongrel" was uttered, even! Of course, he's still too busy to spend time talking with our protagonists, so they've got to fight him .

The Ending is typical still shots of the cast in various moments while ending on Ritsuka and Mash, but they were very pretty still shots .
Gilgamesh should already know about Enkidu considering the havoc he's been wreaking.
Old 2019-10-12, 17:46   Link #90
Thess

Quote:
and...the King of Mages?
I'm confused, you mean this man?

Spoiler for screencap:

Because you should have watched First Order beforehand and know this is Lev Lainur Flauros, and not King Solomon. This is the King of Magic:

Spoiler for episode 0 screencap:

They aren't showing his full design for some reason, just shadowy outline with some details, close up to some of his facial features and obscured twisted features. He also appears briefly in Ritsuka's memories toward the end of episode 1.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 18:47   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So this actually takes place after Enkidu's death. Since Merlin mentioned he's the real deal, I guess he was summoned as a servant by Solomon or one of the three Goddesses. I wonder where he was trying to lead the heroes and what his intentions were. If his goal was to kill them, he could have let them die to the beasts last week.

Long purple hair, fights with chains... yeah, Ana is totally another version of Medusa.

We finally got to meet Merlin and I can totally buy that guy had Artoria grow a dick just for fun. I didn't even know he was impossible to summon until now, and I suppose the explanation works. I wonder why Fou hates him. I wonder what Fou even is, actually.

I'm guessing the guy dressed as a Spartan is Leonidas, mainly because he's the only Spartan I know

Did they say Gil is a caster? I probably misunderstood, unless people that aren't servants can also be called casters
It was a bit odd to see him act so compassionate toward his subjects, like Frontier noted he didn't even say "mongrel" once. I doubt Mash stands any chance against him, but she'll probably hold out long enough thanks to her defensive NP to pass the test.
Old 2019-10-12, 19:24   Link #92
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It is't considered a spoiler.

Yes. Ana is technically Lancer. Who is she is quitre obvious but I will not state it.

And yes, the lancer guy in Helmet is Leonidas. The other two Servants helping to priootect Uruk are Musashibo Bankey and Fate version of his master Minamoto-no-Yioshitsune (yeah. gender-bent and in skimpy clothing, it's Fate...).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 20:56   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm confused, you mean this man?

Spoiler for screencap:

Because you should have watched First Order beforehand and know this is Lev Lainur Flauros, and not King Solomon. This is the King of Magic:

Spoiler for episode 0 screencap:

They aren't showing his full design for some reason, just shadowy outline with some details, close up to some of his facial features and obscured twisted features. He also appears briefly in Ritsuka's memories toward the end of episode 1.
I know who Lev was. I was talking about the shaded figure behind the the Three Goddesses in the Opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So this actually takes place after Enkidu's death. Since Merlin mentioned he's the real deal, I guess he was summoned as a servant by Solomon or one of the three Goddesses. I wonder where he was trying to lead the heroes and what his intentions were. If his goal was to kill them, he could have let them die to the beasts last week.
So what Class is Enkidu? Rider ?
Quote:
Long purple hair, fights with chains... yeah, Ana is totally another version of Medusa.
I mean...if the purple hair, chains, and dark robes fit .

Then again, we've got Not!Rin in here so who knows how identities work in this thing .
Quote:
We finally got to meet Merlin and I can totally buy that guy had Artoria grow a dick just for fun. I didn't even know he was impossible to summon until now, and I suppose the explanation works. I wonder why Fou hates him. I wonder what Fou even is, actually.
All I know is Fou is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi. Which might explain why Fou hates Merlin so much .
Quote:
Did they say Gil is a caster? I probably misunderstood, unless people that aren't servants can also be called casters
When he opened the tome, that did seem very Caster-like. I wonder if there can be more of one Servant class summoned during this kind of thing or if that was just to indicate there were aspects of Gilgamesh in his prime where he could have conceivably been summoned as a Caster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It is't considered a spoiler.

Yes. Ana is technically Lancer. Who is she is quitre obvious but I will not state it.

And yes, the lancer guy in Helmet is Leonidas. The other two Servants helping to priootect Uruk are Musashibo Bankey and Fate version of his master Minamoto-no-Yioshitsune (yeah. gender-bent and in skimpy clothing, it's Fate...).
Okay, so we've got Lancer and Caster...is Leonidas another Lancer ?
Old 2019-10-12, 21:05   Link #94
Applehell

Thanks to the OP, I'm not surprised that Enkidu was actually an enemy since it spolied that on it's own.

At the early stage it's not major twist so it not much of an issue.

I wonder if the distortion in time that altered Uruk's present circumstances allowed for Gil in this era to be come a kinder king compared to historical/mythological stories...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 22:13   Link #95
runset

Quote:
I know who Lev was. I was talking about the shaded figure behind the the Three Goddesses in the Opening.
The big shaded figure in the back is one of the three goddesses alliance. Enkidu doesn't count as one if you wondering but yes he is also a enemy.

Quote:
So what Class is Enkidu? Rider ?
Enkidu is lancer class

Quote:
Okay, so we've got Lancer and Caster...is Leonidas another Lancer ?
I think it will be explained in next episode but if you want to know
Spoiler for Little spoiler:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 22:16   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
The big shaded figure in the back is one of the three goddesses alliance. Enkidu doesn't count as one if you wondering but yes he is also a enemy.
Oh. She really didn't look like one, but I guess there is such a thing as a monstrous Goddess .
Quote:
Enkidu is lancer class
Man, seems to be a lot of those going around .
Old 2019-10-12, 22:23   Link #97
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post

I wonder if the distortion in time that altered Uruk's present circumstances allowed for Gil in this era to be come a kinder king compared to historical/mythological stories...
The epic does usually have Gilgamesh choose to become a better king upon returning to Uruk so it's not like his current disposition can be wholly attributed to any distortions. If anything it's all pretty faithful to the source material.
Old 2019-10-12, 23:17   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The epic does usually have Gilgamesh choose to become a better king upon returning to Uruk so it's not like his current disposition can be wholly attributed to any distortions. If anything it's all pretty faithful to the source material.
It also feels kind of full-circle to the story where he started off as a wise and benevolent person before he hit puberty and becomes more like the Gilgamesh usually see in Fate before meeting Enkidu .
Old 2019-10-12, 23:29   Link #99
alex_drian

THIS, this is the Fate OP that I've been waiting for years. This is all I like of an OP and the one kind that I was hoping to see in a Fate anime someday. Mainly because I like J-Rock and I though that FGO and Strange Fake as they are, going well with it.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 23:36   Link #100
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Merlin....why do you look like a humanoid axolotl