AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 03:42   Link #3021
tritoch

sounds like a perfect setup to end the manga. I think we can let it go after what's all said and done then maybe show us a timeskip showing their child..
Old 2007-08-05, 13:18   Link #3022
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Spoiler for 160:
Old 2007-08-06, 05:58   Link #3023
Gundam Master

Send a message via AIM to Gundam Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
sounds like a perfect setup to end the manga. I think we can let it go after what's all said and done then maybe show us a timeskip showing their child..
I don't think it a perfect ending because what about track and all the people that do track that wanted Yamato to succeed. And Yamato racing against Arima. I think if nothing happens with that the ending would seem really incomplete. I would feel like why was track even included if it had nothing to do with the series at the end except as a reason not to keep the baby.
Old 2007-08-06, 06:42   Link #3024
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

You know maybe it's just me but with issues of a love and a newborn coming into the world it boggles my mind that some people would still give a crap about the track element of the story. Arima wants him to race ? Who cares...... He has a beautiful partner who loves him and a child coming, all the people in akatsuki's life who think track is more important will just have to pound sand.
Old 2007-08-06, 07:44   Link #3025
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
You know maybe it's just me but with issues of a love and a newborn coming into the world it boggles my mind that some people would still give a crap about the track element of the story.
Children aren't important to everyone nor should they be. Just because your morals dictate that children are the all high doesn't make it so. Sports can be life to some people, for some who can't afford college it is a ticket to something better in thier life. Puttting down track as less important or those who enjoy that element of the story is weak. Besides, it isn't real, not one drop of it, everything is just a book, a story for our enjoyment even if it reflects some realistic situations it is still just manga not reality.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:03   Link #3026
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There's something to both sides. While I agree that children aren't the be all, end all of life, now that they've decided to have the kid, they should just leave track behind without another thought.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:23   Link #3027
Gundam Master

I wasn't saying that I didn't think that the whole part with the kids was unimportant to me its just I'm in track and one of the things that I really liked about the series was the track element in it, and to see it completely disappear from the story would be a bit disappointing to me.
Right now though I really like how the story is going and even if they do cut out the track part I wouldn't stop reading just because of that.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:26   Link #3028
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Just because your morals dictate that children are the all high doesn't make it so.
Maybe not the "all high" (whatever that means) but certainly more important than seeing who can run around a circular paved area faster yes, call me arrogant in my beliefs but i'm just crazy enough to go that far.

Oh and @ Gundam Master, no worries man I wasn't meaning to pick on your post specifically, it was more a general comment about people thinking track would even be an issue when so many more important things were going on in the characters life.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:39   Link #3029
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, track was never as important to Yamato. He would easily give it up. Not sure why Suzuka gave it up so easily though.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:46   Link #3030
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I think its because Yamoto became the most important thing to her, the only thing is it was weird to see her not really giving it a huge think through but then again the way the story is seems a lot different and not as smoothly run for a while.
Old 2007-08-07, 03:13   Link #3031
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Maybe it's a message by Seo that priorities and what's important changes. Things are not absolute. At a young age, you can want to be an astronaut, but when you're entering college, you could be aiming for something else. What's important to us and what's important in our lives changes as we grow and start to set things as the higher priorities.
Old 2007-08-07, 12:00   Link #3032
tritoch

What we want in life isn't always what we need.

Wants and needs are different and right now both Yamato and Suzuka got over the question of wants and needs.

But that's just my take on it.
Old 2007-08-08, 01:44   Link #3033
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Anybody notice suzuka's stomach isn't gettin any big? I mean it's already 3-months and i know what a 3-month pregnant woman looks like and i'm sure she's nothing like suzuka now....
Old 2007-08-08, 04:48   Link #3034
Gundam Master

she wraps her stomach up and ties it really tight so her parents don't notice
lol
Old 2007-08-08, 06:00   Link #3035
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

can any1 tell me the chp where the anime ends? i gonna start reading reading the manga now,thanks.
Old 2007-08-08, 06:06   Link #3036
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
Anybody notice suzuka's stomach isn't gettin any big? I mean it's already 3-months and i know what a 3-month pregnant woman looks like and i'm sure she's nothing like suzuka now....
From what I gathered from the 'net, 3-months pregnancy will usually show just a slight "thickening" on the abdomen, which is not very noticable when wearing clothing. It will look more obvious say in the 5th month when it starts to get rounder.
Old 2007-08-08, 07:15   Link #3037
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
can any1 tell me the chp where the anime ends? i gonna start reading reading the manga now,thanks.
Volume 9 - chapter 72 but I am not too sure, I don't really remember where and how the anime ended.

And in volume 9 (chapter 75) we have the "Smooth child delivery" charm
Old 2007-08-08, 07:20   Link #3038
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The anime ends at Chapter 72 and currently theres 160 Chapters and its still on going.

Edit. Beaten to it.

The manga is slightly different to the anime though and theres the occasional bare chest. Just thought I'd warn you.
Old 2007-08-08, 16:44   Link #3039
Hydex

There's a translation of 161 at MH for anyone interested
Old 2007-08-09, 23:39   Link #3040
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Bah, finally found the damn raw to 161...
Closed Thread