AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD BorN - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 11.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 5.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 2.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 11.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 14.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-13, 13:00   Link #21
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The same characters, who interact the same way and do the same thing the LN counterparts would do if they were in such a situation. And the scenario was written by the same author who liked it. Yeah, nothing to do at all.
Though what matters is if the fan liked it or not, he might think its a master piece but for the viewers it could be a complete crap. Im just waiting to see how it sells, though even if it goes good or bad, TNK will still do a S4 just because this is their best (and only)way to get money.
Old 2015-06-13, 13:00   Link #22
azeem40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
Even original authors can do things that are completely idiotic and destroy their own works.
This doesn't destroy anything in his work.
azeem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:02   Link #23
azeem40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I have a feeling that Ishibumi wanted to skip right straight to the more recent volumes in the next season (if we ever get one at all) where all the "cool" stuffs happen.

Well, I kinda agree that the pace of 2 vols per each season is quite slow and the me inside is dying to see the latest vol of the LN being animated....soooo...

I am a die hard DxD LN fans, and my advice is "Take the anime for what it is", if the original contents themselves do not please you, so be it, but please don't hate on them just because "they are not in the LN"

As for the anime itself, it has many other flaws that I can complain about, such as bad animation quality (sometimes), overly-cheesy delivery of some dialogues...etc...
The things in the anime are in the LN but they are altered in ways.
azeem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:03   Link #24
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
If you ignore that this high school DxD, then this episode wasn't that bad. However, the only way I can see this leading into a season 4 now, is to completely ignore this season completely. This has nothing whatsoever to do with High school DxD. Just an anime that has the same characters and universe, but that is all.
well i kinda think the author knows theres no way this anime will last long enough to cover every arc, so his picking and choosing what to use and is rushing it.
That is good for the anime only viewer as they dont know what they are missing, but novel readers will be pissed off cause they know there is such much more to this series.

Bout this episode...well it just seemed weak...
And lets face it no one likes mind control plots anymore i just roll my eyes at them and skip past it
Old 2015-06-13, 13:26   Link #25
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Even original authors can do things that are completely idiotic and destroy their own works.
Please explain to me how this "ruined" the original work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Though what matters is if the fan liked it or not, he might think its a master piece but for the viewers it could be a complete crap. Im just waiting to see how it sells, though even if it goes good or bad, TNK will still do a S4 just because this is their best (and only)way to get money.
Actually it depends on what the author wants. If he wants to write what he thinks it's good, than the fans opinion means shit. If he wants it to sell, than he has to appeal to the largest fanbase possible. Ishi only seems to do what he thinks is fun, so I doubt he'll be bothered by the anime flopping, specially since the LNs sell just fine.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:34   Link #26
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Do u really need an explanation? or are you just trolling?
My view on the anime is that if someone was allowed to summarised a whole volume of dxd that can only be a paragraph long and transform that into 1-2 episodes then you get Dxd Born.
Like i said before, good for anime viewers but LN readers will be sad. Just gotta hope plp buy the BDs for the extra scenes and BD specials

I have no idea how this arc will fit into the whole novel story, maybe they will use it to skip a couple of volumes for next season
Old 2015-06-13, 13:38   Link #27
Reaperherpderp

This season has been a complete joke and this late episode was utter trash....
The anime was made for a reason and it was because of the story and popularity of the LN, not this bullshit.
I wont be one of the people to say im "done" with the series, if they make a s4 i will watch but i am in no way going to support or accept this trash they have put out especially the last 2 episodes
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:49   Link #28
Relthenar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
In which novel do you see a scene where Rias wears a version of boosted gear scale mail and fights isse? I don't know what light novels you are reading, but that is not in any that I know of.
Relthenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:51   Link #29
X102reddragon

I actually like this anime originality. And anything that's adds more to Ise's and Rias relationship I'm all for.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:51   Link #30
Reaperherpderp

All the people that support this season clearly just watch to see animated tits and arent watching for the story they read in the LN that made them like/love the series.
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:54   Link #31
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
What? No, not all thing are from LN. This not just altering timeline and adding some fillers, this is butchering source material on ZnT F level. Whole Born is just painful to watch for me.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 14:16   Link #32
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:

Actually it depends on what the author wants. If he wants to write what he thinks it's good, than the fans opinion means shit. If he wants it to sell, than he has to appeal to the largest fanbase possible. Ishi only seems to do what he thinks is fun, so I doubt he'll be bothered by the anime flopping, specially since the LNs sell just fine.
He might do as he please, but at the end the ass that is in risk is the one of TNK, and I dont see how a studio could think is good to please the desires of the author if that means to loose a big part of the fanbase that comes from the novel readers that want an adaption, not an original. As I said, at the end the answer is in the hands of the one that buy the dvd/bd.
Old 2015-06-13, 14:17   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Does it really count as "butchering" if the original author created the content?

Also, novel concept here guys: maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of us, be it anime-only viewers or LN readers, actually like the changes and new content. Just a possibility. So can you please stop calling the lot of us mindless sheep and the like? Can we please just put an end to this "you're not a true fan of DxD" nonsense?
Old 2015-06-13, 14:23   Link #34
Nicaea

The only thing that felt jarring is the reactions to Rias fighting them. I mean, she did protect Issei's impostor last ep, so why being surprised at her attacking them?
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 14:25   Link #35
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaperherpderp View Post
This season has been a complete joke and this late episode was utter trash....
The anime was made for a reason and it was because of the story and popularity of the LN, not this bullshit.
I wont be one of the people to say im "done" with the series, if they make a s4 i will watch but i am in no way going to support or accept this trash they have put out especially the last 2 episodes
Yeah, while I am the same page with you about that the main reason we even got the DxD anime at all is due to its LN popularity, and I am pretty damn upset myself when they didn't portray some scenes properly (even cutting out and putting some stuffs in).

But remember the LN readers are not the only ones who watch the anime, as I myself thoroughly enjoyed the last season of Zero no Tsukaima as a anime-only watchers. If the anime watchers enjoy it, why is it a joke or trash?

I'm not gonna defend the anime, if its content is bad in general, so be it, I'll chip in some complaints (trust me, I have plenty for this season).

However, if Ishibumi did give his consent regarding how this season progress, I would hope that he had something in my down the line. One of which (as I mentioned earlier) may be that Ishibumi wanted to skip straight to more recent volumes in the next season, because if the anime had kept the pace of the last two previous seasons, we would be stuck at vol 6 at the end, and that's really slow (for him at least)

Well, I might be just be too wistful, and maybe the studio had gone mad like how George Lucas did with the Star Wars Prequel (UGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! )
Old 2015-06-13, 14:30   Link #36
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

As one who reads the ln and watches the anime i can say that to me this episode "wasn't bad" it wasn't as stellar as some of the other episodes this series has had, but was more middle of the road. I can only hope that they wrap up the series in a way that makes up for some of the more abysmal episodes this season.
Old 2015-06-13, 14:55   Link #37
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for i can see the future:

Last edited by DragoMuseveni; 2015-06-14 at 01:51.
DragoMuseveni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 14:57   Link #38
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Does it really count as "butchering" if the original author created the content?

Also, novel concept here guys: maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of us, be it anime-only viewers or LN readers, actually like the changes and new content. Just a possibility. So can you please stop calling the lot of us mindless sheep and the like? Can we please just put an end to this "you're not a true fan of DxD" nonsense?
Dont think ive ever seen a "you're not a true fan of DxD" post yet, granted i dont read every post.
I just see plp hating the changes and some plp liking the "simple" way the anime is rearranging stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaperherpderp View Post
All the people that support this season clearly just watch to see animated tits and arent watching for the story they read in the LN that made them like/love the series.
Thats where i am now, not invested in the anime one bit i just like seeing my fav Xenovia doing sexy stuff animated lol.
Old 2015-06-13, 15:27   Link #39
MV5

I feel indifferent about this episode. This whole season has been a roller coaster for the most part. The Rias BB was interesting, but I was expecting the clone and Issei to go to war considering the last episode. And the changes, if this is what Loki's endgame was, why change the format and do anime original content? They could have done a standard 1 volume per 4 episode format since Volumes 5-7 are really short. The Rias/Issei dynamic could've still been added albeit in a different way than how this season portrayed it, while keeping the original story line in place. I feel like the director should be fired, since he is also in charge of the storyboard and worked with Ishibumi to make the AO content. Also a question, does it really feel like Ishibumi helped as much with the changes as we think? Doesn't feel like his style.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 15:34   Link #40
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Dont think ive ever seen a "you're not a true fan of DxD" post yet, granted i dont read every post.
I just see plp hating the changes and some plp liking the "simple" way the anime is rearranging stuff
Sorry, but that's basically what you and several others are effectively saying, in this thread and in the previous ones. That we're all just fanboys looking for T&A and don't care about the plot, etc. It's gotten old. I'd just like all of this nonsense to end, I'm tired of light novels being like poison when it comes to anime adaptations.

Yes, I get that sometimes they don't hold a candle to the originals (ZnT for instance) but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy them regardless. I'm of the same belief as some other LN fans, that the changes made by the anime are better than what the LN pulled off. And frankly, if the author's happy with the changes, the chances are they're doing something right. And ultimately as western fans our opinions don't matter. Go read/translate some actual Japanese discussion threads to find their opinion on the changes, and then you can determine whether or not these changes are a real favor.