AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-30, 03:13   Link #461
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

ep9 i think that their govt is kinda run like those roman senate , half of them male dorky-hat officers and half priestess. the priestress from the spring is the "chairperson" i guess ?
i have no idea what dominura is acting evil-ish abt through this epi . anyone translate?
randomlurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 05:21   Link #462
ffdshow

Good job on ep8! Thanks, Kaoru Chujo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Here's an even crazier thought: do we collectively have the skills needed to produce an actual fansub?
I think so. Want to be an editor for one episode?

I was testing whether softsub is actually productive. I found an episode with good raws, few dialogs with decent Chinese subs. It just happened to be Simoun ep5 (250 lines op/ed included).

I prefer simple, easy-to-read over exact translations (ya...as if I could). If someone can help me to fix the translations/edits, we can get this episode done with less mistakes.

I want to release this testing episode no matter what. I didn't do romaji karaoke, but op/ed translation and jpn lyrics (with ASS effects) are done. My current plan is to release it then submit to doremi.

Last edited by ffdshow; 2006-07-16 at 21:10.
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 07:08   Link #463
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdshow
I want to release this testing episode no matter what. The op/ed translation and jpn lyrics are done as well. My current plan is to release it then submit to doremi.
Hmm, Doremi might not take something that's already been released. Moreover, they already have a translator. I think it would work, though, the idea. I'd help too, if it's needed.

Spoiler for ep9, quoting randomlurker123 + screencaps:

Yeah, definite gender stratification there. Well, if the Simulacrums have a gender bias, it's not a pattern that can easily change, especially with the autocratic government they have. Also, they don't have any motivation to change things, do they? It seems to me that bias in favour of the male gender might actually serve to balance out the sex ratio for them, with half of the population wanting to become male and the other choosing to remain female because they're used to it.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 07:46   Link #464
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

Quote:
I was testing whether softsub is actually productive. I found an episode with good raws, few dialogs with decent Chinese subs. It just happened to be Simoun ep5 (250 lines op/ed included).
if ur looking for raws , www.eien-acg.com has very nice quality raw releases. for simoun it's out abt 2nd day after it's aired. 432meg mkv. raws are at the 2nd column
Old 2006-05-30, 08:02   Link #465
ffdshow

Thanks, I have their raws from ep5 to ep9. Reencoded into 640x336 using the unchanged aac take about 220MB. This is for the softsub. The hardsub would be bigger or lower quality.
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 08:14   Link #466
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
I think so. Want to be an editor for one episode?
Gladly! Count me in....
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 08:41   Link #467
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
ep9 i have no idea what dominura is acting evil-ish abt through this epi . anyone translate?
The conversation is mysterious because they don't really go into any specifics about who those geezers are or what kind of plan they had, but basically, she's giving them a report about Corps Tempest:
Spoiler for about their conversation:

See my summary for other spoilers regarding episode 9.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 10:36   Link #468
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

i read in some forums , for pendants , 1 wing on the left identify he is a guy and 1 wing on the right is woman , mikos has 2 wings.

but jus noticed it in epi9 .. these guys has 2 wings on the pendant .. err more confusing lol.... but probly production mistake i guess. the other guys in the room has 1 wing only

Spoiler for screenie of pic:
Old 2006-05-30, 10:39   Link #469
Cyz
"Show it to me"

funny, even if they turned into men, they still have female voices
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 11:02   Link #470
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
i read in some forums , for pendants , 1 wing on the left identify he is a guy and 1 wing on the right is woman , mikos has 2 wings.

but jus noticed it in epi9 .. these guys has 2 wings on the pendant .. err more confusing lol.... but probly production mistake i guess. the other guys in the room has 1 wing only
Perhaps it's not a production mistake? I notice that the priestesses in red have two wings as well, and they're too old to be Sibyllae, too. Maybe the clergy keeps both wings? And, of course, the Sibyllae are supposed to be members of the clergy....

(Nice catch; it scotches my theory that the men had one wing and the women kept two.)
Old 2006-05-30, 11:32   Link #471
Cyz
"Show it to me"

i keep getting confuse who's the main heroine of the story. was it nenivelle (sp?) or the blonde girl with chun-li hairstyle?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 11:32   Link #472
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Random Simoun ads
"Otome meets otome" -- hee! And I just love the Para x Kaimu one; I wish there were a poster of it without the text over it. (The one in the pool is kind of fun, too.)
Old 2006-05-30, 11:34   Link #473
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
i keep getting confuse who's the main heroine of the story. was it nenivelle (sp?) or the blonde girl with chun-li hairstyle?
It's both of them.
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2006-05-30, 12:46   Link #474
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Spoiler for episode 9:
Ah, Rimone! I just love the way she so obviously looks up to Aaeru.

Spoiler:

And yes, people in the religious order appear to be neither male nor female. Wings on necklaces are permanently angled accordingly to chosen sex, Tempus Spatium knows how.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 14:08   Link #475
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nice summary by wrex_japan. Many thanks to wrex, Futaba-chan, and Mangaminx for their summaries of episodes.
Spoiler for ep9: Neviril, Kongoseki, Dominura, etc.:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-31 at 04:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 14:49   Link #476
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:

Quote:
Spoiler for general speculation:
Spoiler for general speculation:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-30 at 15:21.
Old 2006-05-30, 15:06   Link #477
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler for episode 9:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 15:25   Link #478
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:00   Link #479
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2006-05-30, 16:16   Link #480
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's one Japanese phrase in ep7 and ep8 that I loved so much I wanted to talk about it. When Neviriru (sorry, I just can't give her a man's name, Neville)...
Spoiler for ep7, ep 8:
I do want to praise Takahashi Rieko for the grandeur and mellifluous perfection of her portrayal of Neviriru in episode 8.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri