AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 21:56   Link #121
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I must say the first episode was done exceptional well. I had high hopes to begin with the first episode met my initial hopes of the series. I Though parts of the premise may seem cliche and overly used the way they go about it is different For example normally we would see the lead male lose his parents usually yes in a car accident and then yes he would adopted by a rich family member followed by him meeting several girls from which the story would revolve around him choosing. However, the first episode has already established that Teppeis were murdered and that the culprit has ties to his family already also he engaged already so hes not exactly a free for the picking. However they introduced the Princess Charlotte first i dont think i need to explain more the rest is obvious and so is the fact that his maid is also a young cute girl.

Character designs were not too flash i believe they are enough to catch the eye. Voices i really dont have an opinion on yet i will have to see a couple of more episodes to form a better opinion. OP and ED were catchy and easy to hum along too.

I can tell already that my favorite girl is going to be Sylvia Von Hossen. NO my first thoughts when i saw her were not of Saber ( I have no clue why people continue to play this tiresome game through every series) the first thing i actually thought was HELL YEA a western sword style vs Eastern sword style. The sparring match was animated well imo and actually had several meanings behind it. Its quite easy once one thinks about it they connected before they even knew each others names. The one part i did not get was Sylvia charging head first in when she saw Teppei had a sword as she proceed to call him "a despicable man"

Im very much looking forward to more episodes honestly i must say i am very excited about the series.

now to hunt down some artwork for a siggy
Old 2009-07-08, 22:13   Link #122
demonfang

The correct translation of 'kusemono' would probably be 'intruder', NOT 'despicable person'.

BTW any of you guys read the web 4komas on the character's page of Ricotta's official game site?

Some of them just overflow with awesome
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 22:50   Link #123
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i have (very) high hopes for this show. character design is WOW. plus i'm an absolute sucker for these types. animation quality is superb and the voice acting is top notch. the name of the show initially threw me off, but hey, its just a name.

i love the maid, but it seems that the friend being introduced in the next ep has almost equal footing. the Saber clone and princess are pretty archtypical, but i'm willing to bet that there's tons of room for development. i will be searching for fan art for this..

i really hope its not like asu no yoichi. that was an eventual trainwreak. there's fewer girls in this, and it seems much more refined in every way possible.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 22:58   Link #124
Somnus
Eh?

I'm not going to lie, I thought this was going to be a fanservice festival with very bad humor and a nonexistent storyline. Though the girls are...uh...gifted, I have to say I was quite wrong overall.

Of course I'm very pleased with that fact and enjoyed the first ep very much. Teppei's a really interesting lead, and I find his reasons for doing what he's doing to be quite a surprise. I'll definitely be looking forward to following this one.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 23:05   Link #125
SailorMoon4ever

Thought it was a good episode ..and was it me or was this censored bad?
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 23:18   Link #126
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon4ever View Post
I wasn't keeping score or anything but I really only recall one spot of censorship. They darkened out what would have otherwise been a panty shot during the carriage rescue.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 23:22   Link #127
U<3Anime
Boo!

WOW this show actually has budget!?

Totally surpassed my expectations. Nuff said (Although I didn't have much expectations to begin with.)

Will continue to watch if the quality remains consistent.
Old 2009-07-08, 23:52   Link #128
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, I'm most impressed by this first episode so far of the season. Then again, my expectations were abysmally low (yeah, I usually have low opinions of eroge adaptations), sp to be fair, this show had an almost unfair handicap.

Anyways, things I liked...

-animation was quite nice. Sure there was a weird face here and there, but the carriage chase and the sword fight was especially smooth

-seiyuu cast and acting is top notch

-writing, while cliched, is reasonably well done

-characters are extremely likeable, with biggest mention going to Teppei not being a wimp

For now, I'm heavily favouring Sylvia, as my second biggest shipping factor would be arranged marriages. So unless someone shows up with my biggest shipping factor, then Sylvia has my vote till the end. XD

Quite ironic as I've never been a fan of Saber or the warrior swordswoman archetype...
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 00:09   Link #129
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
What is your favorite shipping factor?

So far a fan of the pink haired princess.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:21   Link #130
ZODDGUTS

Yeah it turned out better then expected. Had pretty good animation. This is GoHands first series, previously they've only done key animation work for other studios. So it looks like there not holding back on their first work making sure it impresses people. The next episode also looks very well animated by the looks of the preview.

Liked the Princess she may look like Moka from Rosario Vampire but personality-wise she showed no naiveness and had some spunk as she was willing to tease the main character a bit heh. Sylvia looks interesting as well as she showed she's a equal match Teppei heck in the OP dance scene she was the one who was leading him in the dance.

Oh and the male lead is no pussy and had no problem having touched the Princess breast so that's a big plus. Overall the first episode showed alot of promise.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 00:33   Link #131
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
What is your favorite shipping factor?
Was that a rhetoric? Not sure, but just in case... I thought my title of 'osana-najimi shipper' pretty much says it all.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:36   Link #132
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon4ever View Post
It was a kind of censorship I've never seen before: just painting the areas in question black. But so far every raw seems to have come from the TVK broadcast. Perhaps one of the other six channels broadcasting it will not have the censorship. I think I saw two instances: the carriage scene and one other minor one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 00:39   Link #133
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally, I found the censorship stupid. Either censor all of them or none at all. I find it mind boggling why they'd censor panty shots of all things, and even more stumped as to why they only censored about half of said panty shots. >_>

But hey, I'm not going to hold it against the show or the animator.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:42   Link #134
SilentOb
Lurker

Wow, I had no intention of following this anime in the first place, but after watching the first episode, I have to say I'm impressed. There's no overload of ecchi and the animation was suprising good. Hope they follow through the plot for this series; I wouldn't want another Asu No Yoichi.

As for characters, I actually like Isshin's character. Funny old man yet serious at times.
SilentOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 00:44   Link #135
ZeRoGravity

Surprisingly good. I just decided to watch it since I didn't know what else to do but wanted to watch something mindless. Unexpected how well the first episode was handle. Introduction was done well. Teppei's parents was actually introduced. Normally I would expect it to be left out or just narrated by the male lead and the viewer is thrown into Teppei's school life. Now with this, we are actually getting an introduction to the characters. The story flowed well. Characters have personality, male lead is not wimp which was another surprised. Not afraid to live up to his words which led him to meet Charlotte. Charlotte, had spunk which was great because, I thought she would be another doormat character. I am liking Sylvia since she has that cool factor and also a female fencer.

The cast sounds great, it seems the voices fit the character nicely. I smiled when I heard Wakamoto's voice.

Pleasantly surprised find. Not much ecchi as I thought it would have and the censor was unexpected. I hope this keeps up along with the good animation/art.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:59   Link #136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think i gonna wait for the uncensored broadcast of this show before i watch it.
Any other group that is going to sub this show beside Hitode?
Old 2009-07-09, 01:05   Link #137
Justin Kim
*Artist

I thought the charge at Teppei was rather because of his introduction. If you think about it, for someone whom is so high-class and wields a rapier-like sword would probably consider taking on opponents that seem formidable. But instead, Teppei came out of the blue, holding a wooden katana as if mocking her ability. That could be a possibility? For all I know, I found it rather that she misunderstood what Teppei was trying to implicate, and charged straight at him. Teppei probably forgot what kind of weapon he was using against someone skilled.
Old 2009-07-09, 02:11   Link #138
Chase

I did not expect the episode to be that good(only even took a chance on watching it cuz i have nothing else to watch until Bakemonogatari gets the subber i want or Shangri-la surfaces).. I was definitely surprised by this, look forward to the next episode.
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2009-07-09 at 02:36.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:46   Link #139
molitar

If that type of censorship continues I won't even be able to watch the show.. it's too friggen distracting from the show.. and just so awefully done.. I bet if it continues most groups will just wait for the DVD releases.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 03:00   Link #140
Eclipze

There was like a single panty shot/censor so I don't see what's the fuss about, at least for the first episode.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen