AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-07-16, 19:42   Link #21
Yxy
chaunen...

massive cliffhanger at ch31

Spoiler:

oh, and Misa is hot
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 22:37   Link #22
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

Indeed
this is definally the best manga ever..
i really enjoyed reading Monster...and other detective manga
But i think Deathnote is something different
the outcome of the story..always surprise me
hehe
But i got one thing i mind

Remember Sai died in Hikaru no Go??
Samething might happen to Ryuuku(the death god>??)
Spoiler:

oh by the way..I really think Obata should draw some shoujo manga
hes characters are really interesting =]

Last edited by S7EV3n; 2004-07-16 at 23:00.
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 08:35   Link #23
auriya

I actually think that--at the very end--Raito or L will die, not Ryuuku. But I tend to be totally wrong when it comes to plot predictions, so maybe not...

Does anyone else think it makes more sense to call Raito's notebook a 'Death Book' rather than a 'Death Note'? Then again, 'Death Note' is a much better sounding title.

Anyway, I'm so glad I found this series--I rarely read manga, but this one definitely has me hooked.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 12:58   Link #24
UserName

Only read up to chapter 28. Not sure if I can ask for this manga since i'm not sure it's liscensed...

But the concept is sooo intresting. Great manga. I personally think Raito is wrong. I hope L wins the whole 'case' thing.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:54   Link #25
stpehen
kisses for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
Does anyone else think it makes more sense to call Raito's notebook a 'Death Book' rather than a 'Death Note'? Then again, 'Death Note' is a much better sounding title.
In Japanese, the word for "notebook" is "note." So when they say "Death Note," what they're really talking about is a "Death Notebook."
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 20:59   Link #26
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
chapter 32 is out~ the scans that i got shows a character in Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo with deathgod's appearane, it's hilarious!
i cant read japanese, but does anyone know if there are any connections between the author of deathnote and bobobo?

Has anyone read chapter0? which involved this kid that looks like L when he's grown up.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 00:00   Link #27
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Well at one point Obata drew a chapter of Bobobo as a guest artist so that might be the reason why the cameo is there. BTW if anyone knows where to get that particular chapter of Bobobo share the wealth!
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 02:02   Link #28
Karala

Wow, I love this manga, it may be my favourite manga at the moment... up there with Naruto at least. I love the game of cat and mouse L and Raito play, watching two geniuses trying to out do the other is really incredible. The yaoi undertones, LIKE IN CHAPTER 37, are just... getting sort of REALLY interesting.

Not that I mind ^_~
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 05:03   Link #29
nephilim
Loves Kaori

ooh! i didn't see this thread here!

from my avatar i think you can prolly tell i'm a big death note fan too. misa is hot ulala!

anyways i've only found the translated scans for up to chapter 31. i heard that up to chapter 37 is released (in chinese i think). anyone got the link
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 08:56   Link #30
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think the manga plot is seriously going weirder and weirder since Misa got introduced... and now that
Spoiler for from page 35 onward:
but then it's still quite fun to read, just that it doesn't feel the same as before...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 10:31   Link #31
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Chapter 31 rocked. The plot thickens....Just keeps getting better and better.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 10:59   Link #32
nephilim
Loves Kaori

*did not read the spoiler*

yeah. if it were just a battle between L and Raito it'll be too boring. A hot girl joining in the party is always welcomed, especially a gothic lolita.
Old 2004-09-06, 12:13   Link #33
Yoska
フランキー

DN's plot is getting ridiculous and fanservice is starting to really bug me. I hope they won't ruin the cool concept. Light ( which is by the way a stupid name ) was an interesting character because of his wickedness. And now if wickedness is gone permanently...

Edit: Yep, I know, Light have most likely planned something to figure out his old self. Perhaps left some clues to buried DN. The question is what will he think about his old self.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-06 at 13:43.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 13:27   Link #34
Karala

Come on do you really think Raito doesn't have something planned? There's no way he would do all that and then just give up, what's the point in that?

I don't read Chinese but there's someone who does English text translations, so I read those while looking at the Chinese scans :P
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 22:42   Link #35
nephilim
Loves Kaori

if i got some chinese scans i could translate the text ^^

i'm pretty ok in both simplified/traditional chinese and english but i can't read japanese/no time/means to scanlate
Old 2004-09-06, 22:48   Link #36
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
if i got some chinese scans i could translate the text ^^

i'm pretty ok in both simplified/traditional chinese and english but i can't read japanese/no time/means to scanlate
hmm... regarding chinese scans... have you got my PM?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 08:19   Link #37
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Hey guys. I just started reading Death Note the other day and I must say, I have become completely addicted. Obata Takeshi doesnt fail to amaze me in this work. I made this thread to discuss the manga and here your opinions on it. I think that the plot in this is pure genius. Raito versus L. The battle wits to see who can outdue the other to succede in their plans. The morals and internal conflict that the characters experience is truly unique in the sense that its used. (Okay, not completely but you know where I'm comin' from)
Spoiler:
Yeah,i totally agree with you.Takeshi Obata is easily one of the best Manga artists' ever to grace the scene.(*I mean it*)
Another one of my favourite factors about this manga is the fact that the 2 main protagonists are very unique,not your typical shonen-genre leads.The sense of realism gained from the authors unique portrail of his charcaters allows the story to be told from a unique perspective.
I personally like Raito alot,(*Or rather,how the author potrays Raito*)due to the fact that he is just a guy like us who happens to find a death note on the ground.The conflict which rose within himself after he killed his first two victims lead to a reasoning which helped Raito himself to believe that what he did was right which eventualluy led to a goal which resulted from that very reasoning in the first place(*Goal=Become the god of the new world he would create*),a conflict that we can all relate to.(*In the sense that we have experienced this sort of argument within ourselves in one form or another before*)
The best thing about [DeathNote],in my opinion,is that we can relate to the charcaters in one way or another.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 19:35   Link #38
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... regarding chinese scans... have you got my PM?
ahh received. doing some translation of the first 5 pages..

Chapter 32: The Bet.

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 32, Page 1 to 5:

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 32, Page 6 to 10:

puff... huff.... wheeze.. gee this is more tiring that I thought! *takes a rest* *looking for appreciaters*

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-09-07 at 23:20. Reason: Adding the translation for Chapter 32
Old 2004-09-08, 07:37   Link #39
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Good work, nephilim. How many more chapters are you intending to translate?

Death Note has way too much text and complicated dialogues...I shudder at the notion of attempting it.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 10:45   Link #40
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I think I can do half a chapter a day, but it's not a gurantee. Anyways if anyone knows chinese please check my translation too! I'm bad at identifying names and translating them to romanji -_-""