AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-15, 20:45   Link #121
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Seriously...I'm loving Kyouko more of that's even possible...

Use power only for herself and she brings nothing but ruin? That's obviously not the case here...She's as good a care-giver as she can be.
Old 2011-05-16, 08:50   Link #122
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Makes one think of bad things.. What should have happened to Yuma for Kyouko to cement her ideology further? This IS Gen Urobuchi we're talkin' here...
But honestly, I'm still confused about the continuity so far. Hopefully the full translation will make it clear. For now, the whole story revolving around Oriko, Kirika and Yuma seems to have happened before the Groundhog Month... but it contradicts Homura's involvement and behaviour. And if it all is taking place during the main timeset, such a deal couldn't possibly have gone unnoticed in other timelines. Imagine Madoka becoming a magical girl and then learning that someone is actually killing magical girls around - and that someone might well be after her. Of course, it's not clear if Kyouko met Yuma in Mitakihara - if the location is the city she patrolled before takig Mami's turf, then things may get a bit more explainable. But still...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 09:00   Link #123
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
136, not including bonus art.
ok, thanks! so i guess it's about 6~ chapters in a single volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Waaait, her attire says otherwise. Kirika fits the description better, doesn't she?
Spoiler:
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 10:06   Link #124
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Makes one think of bad things.. What should have happened to Yuma for Kyouko to cement her ideology further? This IS Gen Urobuchi we're talkin' here...
But honestly, I'm still confused about the continuity so far. Hopefully the full translation will make it clear. For now, the whole story revolving around Oriko, Kirika and Yuma seems to have happened before the Groundhog Month... but it contradicts Homura's involvement and behaviour. And if it all is taking place during the main timeset, such a deal couldn't possibly have gone unnoticed in other timelines. Imagine Madoka becoming a magical girl and then learning that someone is actually killing magical girls around - and that someone might well be after her. Of course, it's not clear if Kyouko met Yuma in Mitakihara - if the location is the city she patrolled before takig Mami's turf, then things may get a bit more explainable. But still...
Where is the translation up to?
Old 2011-05-16, 10:08   Link #125
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
ok, thanks! so i guess it's about 6~ chapters in a single volume.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-16, 10:29   Link #126
Snork
Twilight lander

Sharing her name with a Noir character doesn't help either.

Quote:
Where is the translation up to?
Clear scans still at around page 10, plus two dozen scans with gelbooru-like translation notes.
Old 2011-05-16, 14:00   Link #127
Shadow5YA

Sounds like one of Homura's many misadventures. Homura comes up with a plan to save Madoka, then **** happens and ruins her plans. Events are no longer under Homura's control (if they were ever), and all she can do is improvise the best she can.

It's like what happened in the main story. Homura tries to recruit Kyoko, and whoops, NOT AS PLANNED.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 18:42   Link #128
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

the reason why Kyouko is such a deadly fighter is now clear....she's too stubborn to die when Mami would have gotten her head chewed off in a similar scenario....

Too bad Kyuube used that time to pull one of his most dickish moves to date..
Old 2011-05-16, 19:59   Link #129
Shadow5YA

Kyoko is more earnest than she gives herself credit for. She didn't use her Puella Magi form to break into that hotel and bath when it would have been easier if she did.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 00:28   Link #130
Used Can

I want to give Yuma a hug.
Old 2011-05-17, 00:42   Link #131
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I want to give Yuma a hug.
Yeah.....easily the most tragic of all characters in vol 1 so far....hell she doesn't even look like she's past elementary school.....And Kyuube made her a PM while Oriko manipulates it all.....

Kyouko became a PM for someone else's sake and now is painful seeing her on the other end of the equation....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-05-17 at 01:31.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 00:51   Link #132
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Kyouko is such a bro, taking in Yuma under her custody, teaching her the ways of street life, and most importantly, trying to prevent Yuma from becoming a puella magi, even if she doesn't know the full truth yet.
Old 2011-05-17, 02:03   Link #133
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah.....easily the most tragic of all characters in vol 1 so far
I think she's the most tragic character, so far. Madoka and Sayaka had good lives. Homura was the same, with her physical problems, but still good. Kyouko was poor, but she had a loving family. Mami, we don't know about her family, but they were probably nice. However, Yuma's family life was really bad. I mean. fuck, her mother used to burn cigarettes on her forehead.
Old 2011-05-17, 06:49   Link #134
Snork
Twilight lander

Honestly, I'm not even sure if Yuma's expressions are simpy overdone or directly show her mental state... Poor child.
Even if your marriage is failing, does torturing your own little daughter come to mind as the most natural course of action? "Papa has left because you were a bad girl"... That gotta be the most WTF-esque line I've heard in the whole franchise so far.
And as usual in Madokaverse, social services DO NOT EXIST.
Now, a wild guess: Yuma suffers from feeling helpless and weak... What was WN's nature, again? (it's a wild one because I still can't comprehend the continuity involved).
Old 2011-05-17, 06:55   Link #135
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not even sure if Yuma's expressions are simpy overdone or directly show her mental state... Poor child.
Even if your marriage is failing, does torturing your own little daughter come to mind as the most natural course of action? "Papa has left because you were a bad girl"... That gotta be the most WTF-esque line I've heard in the whole franchise so far.
Now, a wild guess: Yuma suffers from feeling helpless and weak... What was WN's nature, again? (it's a wild one because I still can't comprehend the continuity involved).
Well Yuma's mother looks like a total washout anyway.....still the way she hell the way everything Witch or human has gotten butchered in this manga so far...is quite ugh...

The way Yuma is crying as she says she didn't want to be alone when Kyouko asks why she became a PM and when Kyouko says becoming one for other's sake is utterly foolish....heartwrenching....Why does every relationship Kyouko have be so tragic.....
Old 2011-05-17, 07:41   Link #136
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Oh man, this manga is so dark it makes the anime look like Barney and Friends.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 09:32   Link #137
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Social services? Even in countries like America they have difficult, if not often impossible, jobs. Dealing with the legal red tape is a nightmare, and it's not always a simple matter of "clear case of abuse, take child into custody". And for added insult to injury, the new home the child ends up at may not be any better.

It's sad, and cruel, but life is fucked up like that. Just think of the irony here...Yuma has incredible despair/karma built up. She's going to be one hell of a Witch.

I'm left wondering if Walpurgis even factors into this time loop at all. We never see what scares the crap out of Oriko, but it's possible she doesn't make the connection between the Witch leveling the city and what happens if Yuma's incredible potential for beating that Witch results in something even worse (shades of Gretchen). I feel like we're going to watch a self fulfilling prophecy happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Oh man, this manga is so dark it makes the anime look like Barney and Friends.
The subject matter is the same. You can be more graphic in manga than television though. Censorship laws and all that.
Old 2011-05-17, 14:02   Link #138
supertonia

Oriko it's all your fault :<
Bcs you acted on this "prophesy" Madoka,homura and co had to go through all that :<
I blame you!!! If you hadn't done anything it would be better!.
Old 2011-05-17, 15:12   Link #139
Witched

If Oriko's 'prophecy' had led to believing that some strong witch would destroy the land..

Spoiler for Prophecy:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:22   Link #140
Used Can

The problem is, if Oriko thinks Yuma will become Walpurgisnacht, why did she send QB to contract her? Wouldn't it be common sense to try to prevent her from contracting?

I think the link Yuma and whatever Oriko saw may be different.