Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 04:45   Link #421
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Depends on what is clogging the barrel, and how much - the pressure would try to push the obstruction but if it's airtight it will expand to all direction, potentially damaging the barrel. The degree of barrel damage as shown in that image is rare, though
But that's the thing - no matter what they put (the imitation finger, for example, didn't work at all), as soon as there was a small crack, the pressure escaped. It makes me think that picture has to be a hoax.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 06:05   Link #422
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But that's the thing - no matter what they put (the imitation finger, for example, didn't work at all), as soon as there was a small crack, the pressure escaped. It makes me think that picture has to be a hoax.
Unless the barrel catastrophically fails first...like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AqMl1A4aQ&noredirect=1

Admittedly the test is not very accurate but it still serves as a general guide...
Old 2012-05-14, 08:05   Link #423
silvercover
Romance Expert

im surprised that sig was the first "confirmed" lesbian of the 4 of them. she struck me as the neutral and peace keeper one, not one who'd be part of the romantic antics.

MY HOPE HAS BEEN RENEWED NOW!
yuri is alive and kicking in this series.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 08:24   Link #424
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
im surprised that sig was the first "confirmed" lesbian of the 4 of them. she struck me as the neutral and peace keeper one, not one who'd be part of the romantic antics.

MY HOPE HAS BEEN RENEWED NOW!
yuri is alive and kicking in this series.
They are all girls....what did you expect...
Old 2012-05-14, 08:31   Link #425
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Unless the barrel catastrophically fails first...like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AqMl1A4aQ&noredirect=1

Admittedly the test is not very accurate but it still serves as a general guide...
There's also this example. The kind of damage as shown in the previous picture maybe rare, but it happens.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2012-05-14 at 08:42.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 09:24   Link #426
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It seems though that military rifles are more resilient to that sort of thing....
Old 2012-05-14, 09:24   Link #427
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Except FNC is normal, but girl around her are lesbian, and her harem increase without FNC know .

BTW, it look like waste 1 ep before the clash with AKs.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:11   Link #428
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
well, its because of the new teacher thats why. funco already fell for him, who's to say several others will not?
I feared that instead of a yuri fest, we'd get a harem from the teacher's side.

also, what I didnt expect was for sig. as said, she struck me as the "big sister" who'd make sure they all got along and defuse fights while remaining calm and collected.
having her confirmed to like funco was unexpected.
makes what she did in that bath part in a previous ep(where ichiroku was touching the girls) come in different light now, once you remember she specifically protected funco.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 13:31   Link #429
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

this is SO HARD TO COMPREND! are they girls or are they rifles/ if teyre rifle why do they look like girls?! WTF IS GOING ON!
Old 2012-05-15, 14:50   Link #430
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
this is SO HARD TO COMPREND! are they girls or are they rifles/ if teyre rifle why do they look like girls?! WTF IS GOING ON!
Well, the girls eat regular human food, they can bleed and even secrete vaginal fluids, if Sako is anything to go by, so I'd say they're definitely human in some way. I'd say the girls represent the guns they are named after, rather than actually being the guns, but this may depend on your interpretation.
Old 2012-05-15, 18:15   Link #431
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Roll for SAN.
Old 2012-05-15, 22:49   Link #432
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yes they are "weapons" but with the appearance of girls using weapons ... yes it can seem as complicated after her hahaha if it was the girls "cyborgs" but this is not the case ... in fact I think as soon as they entered the academy in their immediately told "You are weapons"
Old 2012-05-15, 23:29   Link #433
chaos_animagic

They are "advanced" "dolls" (if you get what I meant, LOL)

Since they are "Guns" they can't really get injured nor "die" from any normal means. (as proven in the previous episodes)

Now... as also proven they have some sort of normal human's body but with internal organs based on "guns"... (as given by Ellie's very frequent "dud")

I am not even sure how they would "breed" since as given many many times...

"In between their legs"... may secrete "fluid" (as given by Sako) but in early episodes, it was said that part can also be the "Trigger" "Hammer" or even the "stock" (as given by Fuuko)

If so... than what would happen if you "insert" anything "in between" would it active the trigger or hammer? thus making the girl fire bullets like crazy? or will it be just normal human reaction?

Now... what do you think would happen if a Gun girl "insert" their "Gun" into another Gun girl's "in between"? (Yuri madness? since Guns are technically the Girl's themselves, and I think they can also feel what the Gun feels....)
Bad thing is... if it happens to be "loaded" would it break the other Gun?...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 23:47   Link #434
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
As mentioned very VERY early in the thread, it's best not to think about the hows and why's of the girls' existences too hard. Really. Just accept the fact that they're personifications of various firearms, and move on. Less trouble that way.

And if this isn't confusing enough, then consider this fact: there are actually mentions of "parents" in the series (particularly by the H&K sisters). So we not only have personified guns, we likely also have personified gun manufacturers. Think about it.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-05-16 at 00:15.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 02:54   Link #435
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Just treat it as they are the spirits of the guns and you won't go wrong...
Old 2012-05-16, 09:00   Link #436
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Just treat it as they are the spirits of the guns and you won't go wrong...
It might be hard for some people to comprehend, if their local culture doesn't have a history of polytheism or the concept of "spirits".

That was one explanation offered for why Japan is so accepting of the idea of a thinking android compared to America. It is much easier to believe a robot is "alive" if culturally many inanimate objects can be considered living.

Sometimes I like to explain Upotte by talking about cars, ships, and houses. About how people can believe their beloved car/house that they owned for years has a personality, gave it a name, and is sad when they had to leave it behind one day.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:22   Link #437
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem with Upotte is that the girls aren't just personifications of guns a la Soul Eater. They're also personifications of the idea of guns.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 18:37   Link #438
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

ok im gonna go with that they are girls who have names but are also called by theyre weapon names and are just extremely good with theyre guns and call theyre organs and stuff specific parts of the gun. in that case if i were one of them i'd be the barret xm109 25mm sniper rifle cuz im a hard hittin sumbitch o and btw why is the sako an elf and the galil a cat? kinda confused me there XD

Last edited by sapper; 2012-05-16 at 19:39.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 22:44   Link #439
HandofFate

wtf @ the beginning of episode 6, what that girl did, shouldn't she get like penalized or expelled for that?
Old 2012-05-16, 22:52   Link #440
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
btw why is the sako an elf and the galil a cat? kinda confused me there XD
Go back several pages, we talked about it there. Put simply, since SAKO and Galil are basically just modified AKs using NATO rounds, they're different from the other kids at the school, since the AKs themselves are... different to say the least (it's a pun, but since it's a detail revealed in the manga so it counts as a spoiler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wtf @ the beginning of episode 6, what that girl did, shouldn't she get like penalized or expelled for that?
I don't think SAKO cares about regulations, as she was actually cheating for most of the match.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shounen