3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.86%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-23, 15:10   Link #61
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they are wrong, the ending for 25 is the last scene in the novel.
Not necessarily. It could be an anime original episode. Maybe to bridge gaps and head towards HF.
Old 2012-06-23, 15:21   Link #62
whatbob1
huh

Doubt there's one more episode left.

If they have an extra episode left, then they shouldn't have rushed this episode or the last episode.
whatbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:26   Link #63
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

My thoughts on the final episode? Loved Waver's resolution, was surprised that Rin's mom is still alive, but catatonic, couldn't care less about anything else.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:38   Link #64
hero147

Loved the hopeful end. Now for Shirou to become a badass...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 16:12   Link #65
ApathyEcstasy

Saber's epiphany at the end: From the very beginning to the very end, Saber never understood Kiritsugu's motives. How could she, when she never even understood her own knights? She understands that she never understood.

I'm not too clear about the Nasuverse rules, so can someone tell me if this new found understanding carries over to Saber's next Holy Grail War? And how about her memories?
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:02   Link #66
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Saber's epiphany at the end: From the very beginning to the very end, Saber never understood Kiritsugu's motives. How could she, when she never even understood her own knights? She understands that she never understood.

I'm not too clear about the Nasuverse rules, so can someone tell me if this new found understanding carries over to Saber's next Holy Grail War? And how about her memories?
Saber isn't a true Heroic Spirit so she can keep her memories about the 4th Grail War.
No worries.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:21   Link #67
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
Ufotable is the company that animated Fate/Zero, and no, they didn't announce a new project, though there were rumors prior to the final episode's airing that they were going to announce a Heaven's Feel adaption. The announcement turned out to just be about the DVD release.
It seems that a new Ufotable TYPE-MOON anime will be announced at TM FES July 7th, but who knows.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:28   Link #68
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Sakura didnt kill her, he pretty much finally died just as he made it to her. And she's so brainwashed to the point where she says, "see you died because you disobeyed grandfather, you fool"
It was more that originally, in the novel, she was confused why he came back to die, then through a twisted epiphany that it was a lesson for her to learn to never disobey.
Quote:
Sakura stared at the corpse of the man who had fallen before her in the icy-cold darkness of the worm storage. This man was muttering to himself even till the end, and a satisfied smile was on his face even as he died.

How odd. Why would this man return here? Why did he still want to live when he was in such a despicable state?

Although Sakura couldn’t understand why, she clearly knew why he was in anguish, and why he was dead.

– You must not disobey Grandfather.

Everyone in the Makiri house knew that, but why wouldn’t this man obey that rule? He was an adult, but he was helplessly stupid.

Why, why would this man choose such a meaningless death?

After a brief consideration – ahh, that was why. Sakura suddenly understood it.

This must be her lesson tonight.

A lesson to teach her what would happen to those who disobeyed Grandfather’s will. This man died here so Sakura could see a real example with her own eyes.

Yes, I understood, Grandfather.

The girl nodded obediently. She burned this scene deep into her memory while she stared, unmoving, at the corpse surrounded by worms that was gradually becoming smaller and smaller.
ufotable handled that very badly imo. A totally different message came across, so it's no wonder Shinji103 was confused.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:32   Link #69
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post

ufotable handled that very badly imo. A totally different message came across, so it's no wonder Shinji103 was confused.
less wait for the BD, Ufotable does have a 22 min time constraint and were cramping a boat load of stuff in the final ep.
Old 2012-06-23, 17:44   Link #70
Prince of Chips
Real Madrid member

Are we sure that's the last episode, I mean there should be something that will happen to Kiritsugu, right?
Prince of Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:45   Link #71
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I thought the ending was great.

Kiritsugu has to be one of my favorite characters of all time now. Real shame this gets you pumped for what happens next, but FSN sucked.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:50   Link #72
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chips View Post
Are we sure that's the last episode, I mean there should be something that will happen to Kiritsugu, right?
he died in that last scene
Old 2012-06-23, 18:01   Link #73
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post

Kiritsugu has to be one of my favorite characters of all time now. Real shame this gets you pumped for what happens next, but FSN sucked.
Correction, FSN anime sucked.

Visual novel in the other hand is a good follow-up to Fate/Zero prequel build-up.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:16   Link #74
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post

The visual novel didn't.

It was DEEN's crappy adaption of the visual novel which sucked.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 18:20   Link #75
Elestia

I'm glad they expanded a bit more on Lancelot's background a bit more. Overall, a good ending to the Fate/Zero series and potentially sets up the stage for HF scenario. The ending scene with Kiritsugu and Shirou ended on a perfected note with Shirley's question and Kiritsugu's final answer.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:37   Link #76
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chips View Post
You mean like dying? He died after Shirou promised to carry on his old dream.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 18:51   Link #77
HandofFate

Wow, lots of conclusion scenes jumping all over the place.

What was the passage Kotomine was reading at Rin's father's funeral. Not familiar with the religion.

A little confused about the grail destroying the whole town, and Kiritisugu's reaction to it all....

So he thought he was gonna save it all by destroying the grail like that, but he ended up being responsible for killing everyone in the town. So he did the exact opposite of what he was trying to do?

Anyway, I thought inside the grail, it showed Kiritsugu what a contradicition or how flawed his method and attitude was. So why was he happy when Shirou said he could take over. He knows its a wrong path, but he's fine with Shirou taking over?
Is it because he thinks "I saved Shirou, so I helped save all the ones he's gonna save in the future now"?
Old 2012-06-23, 19:09   Link #78
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Anyway, I thought inside the grail, it showed Kiritsugu what a contradicition or how flawed his method and attitude was. So why was he happy when Shirou said he could take over. He knows its a wrong path, but he's fine with Shirou taking over?
Is it because he thinks "I saved Shirou, so I helped save all the ones he's gonna save in the future now"?
He never turned against the idea of being a "hero of justice." To his dying breath, that was his dream. But he regretted the methods he went about doing it. He wouldn't want Shirou to go down that path, but the determination he showed at the end there reminded him what he found beautiful about the ideal.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 19:11   Link #79
Rhystic

So if Guinevere was Arthur's queen, does that make Saber a lesbian?
Rhystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 19:12   Link #80
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhystic View Post
So if Guinevere was Arthur's queen, does that make Saber a lesbian?
It was all an act.