AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-10, 13:46   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I can't be the only person that thinks we might have seen that mark on Balto's chest before?
Am I imagining things or is it something similar to something we've seen before cause I certainly feel we have.
If not then I'll go ahead and guess that it might be one of Kaidou's men, seems that is probably top odds?

Interesting chapter, especially Fujitora, can't wait to see him in action for real.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:08   Link #22
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I can't be the only person that thinks we might have seen that mark on Balto's chest before?
Am I imagining things or is it something similar to something we've seen before cause I certainly feel we have.
If not then I'll go ahead and guess that it might be one of Kaidou's men, seems that is probably top odds?
I don't think it is Kaidou. Has Kaidou's Standard even been revealed?

I know his crew has those number marks, but has his flag itself ever been shown?

The symbol did look really familiar though. The part we could see looked like some kind of Native American Sun pattern.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:10   Link #23
marvelB

Man.... it's pretty crazy to see how much Oda is cramming into this arc alone. Doflamingo, new admiral, Burgess, samurai, fairies, tournament, new supernovas, CP0..... and all this in the span of 5 chapters!

Anyway, before I go onto the big stuff, I wanted to address the more "minor" parts first: As far as the Sunny scene goes, I'm guessing that whoever stowed away on there is either from CP0, or perhaps another of the island's "fairies". And on THAT subject, I'm wondering if the sword thief Zoro is chasing may be from that "new species" that Oda hinted at next year. At least, the thief seemed to imply that he wasn't human (though this is coming from the Panda translation, so I guess I ought to take this with a grain of salt.... )

Anyways, with the reveal of undercover marines and CP0, this could potentially explain a few things. For instance, what if that dancer Violet is actually a CP agent? That could explain why she wants Sanji to protect her from assassins. And of course going incognito shows how the marines can enter the stadium that they're otherwise prohibited from entering. But lastly, I think that aside from dealing with Luffy's supernova alliance, all of these government are investigating Doflamingo as well. In fact, they're probably ALSO searching for the Smile factory. At least, that's my take on it.....

And that brings me to my next theory: Maybe the Mera Mera fruit isn't the only reason we're seeing one of Blackbeard's men at Dressrosa. Maybe he too is interested in taking the Smile factory for himself. If that's true, then we basically have a 3-way power struggle on our hands, though I still remain of the opinion that this arc will NOT culminate in another war with an admiral/yonkou (yes, I'm looking at you, Grey ).
Old 2013-04-10, 14:17   Link #24
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Man.... it's pretty crazy to see how much Oda is cramming into this arc alone. Doflamingo, new admiral, Burgess, samurai, fairies, tournament, new supernovas, CP0..... and all this in the span of 5 chapters!
I'll say, can't wait what next chapter brings.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:18   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
And that brings me to my next theory: Maybe the Mera Mera fruit isn't the only reason we're seeing one of Blackbeard's men at Dressrosa. Maybe he too is interested in taking the Smile factory for himself. If that's true, then we basically have a 3-way power struggle on our hands, though I still remain of the opinion that this arc will NOT culminate in another war with an admiral/yonkou (yes, I'm looking at you, Grey ).
i wouldn't entirely throw that idea away, althought it might another two hundred chapters before the War gets going. Dressrosa might be where the domino starts.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:21   Link #26
marvelB

^Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't doubt at all that we will have another war arc at some point, but I just meant that it wouldn't take place in THIS one.
Old 2013-04-10, 15:46   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Gambia?

I think it's pretty obvious that he's from the late Bartolomeo Kuma's pirates.
Old 2013-04-10, 16:59   Link #28
Homura7

Quote:
^Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't doubt at all that we will have another war arc at some point, but I just meant that it wouldn't take place in THIS one.
Agreed. However, now that Caribou's cover story is entering its climax, I don't doubt were are gonna see soon Kaidou. We better not forget Caribou knows of something no one else suspects.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:44   Link #29
Arkard

Sanji is so gonna get stabbed when Violet bumps into Nami and/or Robin.
Old 2013-04-10, 19:44   Link #30
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
I dont see this as an all out war happening on Dressrosa, more like a little party where a couple big names try to get a slice of the pie. Some have a chip in the play, but no one would be going all in any time soon.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:12   Link #31
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Whats the point calling this Chapter Maynard the Pursuer when he just gonna be taken out at the end of it?..wheres the suspends? they might as well call this chapter Bartolomeo the VA rapist..
Old 2013-04-10, 21:30   Link #32
AdventSleeper

Sooo much packed into this chapter. I'm interested to see how all these plot lines will tie together.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:27   Link #33
Best_name_ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That Bartolomeo fellow sure seems dangerous. He took out a VA like it was nothing. He's definitely going to win the B block.

I'm liking Fujitora more and more. His first priority is to protect the innocent citizens of the country. I'm a bit surprised Akainu chose a person like him to be admiral. I thought his admirals would be a bit more ruthless and bloodthirsty.
Or maybe its because with his devil fruit powers, he might accidentally harm civilians, since his ability seems ridiculously powerful.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:39   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 705
This is a pretty good chapter. The number of interesting people is only getting bigger with every chapter that passes. Two years ago in Saboady, Admiral Kizaru had a walk in the park(with the exception of Rayleigh). I wonder how Admiral Fujitora will do with everyone? This does not look like it will be a stroll. The WG arrived in numbers, I wonder how many people the WG has in Dressrosa? If Daflamingo did not give up his title, does that mean he is working with the WG?
Old 2013-04-11, 00:50   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I dont see this as an all out war happening on Dressrosa, more like a little party where a couple big names try to get a slice of the pie. Some have a chip in the play, but no one would be going all in any time soon.

I concur. Like I said in the previous chapter thread, this kinda feels more like the NW version of the Sabaody archipelago arc (to me, at least). We get introduced to some new big names, they raise some hell on the island, and end up attracting an admiral's attention. But it's just that this time the stakes are higher with the sudden involvement of Blackbeard's crew and CP0, as well as the preexisting conflict with Doflamingo. I can definitely see this arc setting up a future war, but I wouldn't expect the war in question to break out until several more arcs down the line.
Old 2013-04-11, 04:38   Link #36
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I almost forgot that they were dealing with DonFlamingo as the real threat between all those monsters. Hopefully next chapter will have some Fujitora and Burgess action.

And seems like Akainu respects power more than belief. As long as you can create an abyss out of nowhere, he definitely does not care if you love puppies. Else we would have another freelance tyrant slaying audience just because they cheered for a pirate instead of peacekeeper Fujitora.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-04-11 at 04:51.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:00   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

egh! I really hope that blindman will join Strawhat crew but it won't happen now....

what the hell is an Admiral + CP0 doing on the island??
this is like Sabaody part 2 when all badass people gather in one place...

not really surprised about Bartholomew... but seems like he will play big part in the colloseum
Old 2013-04-11, 11:28   Link #38
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

what if the VA actually defeated Bartolomeo and just "took his place" somehow?
*conspiracy_keanu.jpg*
Old 2013-04-11, 11:31   Link #39
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
what the hell is an Admiral + CP0 doing on the island??
Isn't it kind of obvious why they are there? DoFlamingo surrendered his title, and their is a known Pirate alliance attempting DoFlamingo's shores. Of course the marines are going to send someone important, and of course the World Government (CP-0) is going to want to see what's going on as well.
Old 2013-04-11, 11:41   Link #40
bigdeal000
malefic

This arc already has characters named after wrestlers. Also, "aigis" (the correct spelling is aegis) means shield in greek. So maybe?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

nah, most likely not...
Closed Thread