AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-17, 22:30   Link #1
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

The Devil Doesn't Pay Me the Rent

Spoiler for video:
Old 2013-09-17, 23:41   Link #2
HauntingShock

ANN says it wasn't announced...
Old 2013-09-18, 00:16   Link #3
whitecloud

The source conflicted....anyway this is interesting..from mcdonald, to hikkikomori, how low the satan gonna go
Old 2013-09-18, 00:19   Link #4
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh god, it seems that Hataraku! Maou-sama has caused the surge of "maou"-themed anime like Maoyuu: Maou Yuusha for "hero"-themed anime and Oreimo for "sibling love"-themed anime.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-09-18, 00:31   Link #5
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
The Devil Doesn't Pay Me the Rent
That's because the rent is too damn high!
Old 2013-09-18, 00:46   Link #6
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

She looks cute thus I'm in.
Old 2013-09-18, 01:47   Link #7
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Why would anyone expect the devil to pay anything in the first place
Old 2013-09-18, 03:17   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

After reading it not being adapted into an anime, that's fine at the moment, but the fact that Nagamine wants to direct it by focusing on all the pantyshots leaves me a doubt. Regardless, I watched a LN preview of it and I'm sure I'll stay pretty confident about it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-18, 03:22   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh god, it seems that Hataraku! Maou-sama has caused the surge of "maou"-themed anime like Maoyuu: Maou Yuusha for "hero"-themed anime and Oreimo for "sibling love"-themed anime.

Oh is that what it is? I thought the main theme was about SHIMAPANTSU

(Now to wait for hounds to pick up the scent heh...)
Old 2013-09-18, 03:58   Link #10
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
More like Maou caused the anime where the heroes have to pay their home and get a fucking JOB
Old 2013-09-18, 04:31   Link #11
Tenzen12

Any Mao with good taste enough to read Oregairu is worthy to be watched by me. I am willing even forgive excessive fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

You have it backward. Maoyuu was first all other Mao animes like Hataraku came afterward
Old 2013-09-18, 04:52   Link #12
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Any Mao with good taste enough to read Oregairu is worthy to be watched by me. I am willing even forgive excessive fanservice.

You have it backward. Maoyuu was first all other Mao animes like Hataraku came afterward
Even then, Maoyuu wasn't the first one. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. The actual Maou or whatever didn't play as big a role, yes, but it was clearly one of the main ideas that brought said anime's source into existence (the daugther, and the heroes are there). There's probably even something before it, but I wouldn't know.
Old 2013-09-18, 04:54   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
Even then, Maoyuu wasn't the first one. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. The actual Maou or whatever didn't play as big a role, yes, but it was clearly one of the main ideas that brought said anime's source into existence. There's probably even something before it, but I wouldn't know.
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou.
Old 2013-09-18, 05:00   Link #14
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah. But eh, it does seem more like Maoyuu was the more popular one (at least compared to the ones before it, considering the reaction that I've seen) that could have caused this whole thing, though. Anyways, if this does get adapted... I'll be wary... since I already don't like most panty shots as it is.
Old 2013-09-18, 05:04   Link #15
Tenzen12

Yes, first was Daimaou, and Maoyuu was first make it widespread popular.
Old 2013-09-18, 08:21   Link #16
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I dunno why people keep bringing up Maoyuu with this, personally. Maoyuu wasn't a trend starter for this sort of concept. The theme was popular before (as others have already stated) and there wasn't any kind of surge in the appearance of shows like it after it finished airing, either. Besides, Maoyuu was more focused on the trade aspect than the demon aspect. It makes more sense to compare this to Hataraku (a show in a totally different spectrum from Maoyuu), which also obviously didn't have a concept that was the first of its kind.
Old 2013-09-18, 08:33   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't get it. There is a loli with shimapan and bloomers and people are whining?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-18, 09:02   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yes, because obviously she is a freeloading, no-rent-paying girl!
Old 2013-09-18, 09:19   Link #19
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingShock View Post
ANN says it wasn't announced...
So the publisher's trying to annoy readers by putting アニメ化 in giant print? I'm betting they're just being cute and will make a more detailed announcement in the near future.
Old 2013-09-18, 09:26   Link #20
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
There is a loli with shimapan and bloomers and people are whining?
Not related to that, lol. I just feel threatened that workplace+fantasy series (there's also Yuusha ni I don't know what the rest of the light novel title is) is slowly becoming prevalent. It's like these LNs get anime because there's some other series with a similar concept that actually sold something.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread