AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Does Rukia have bankai?
Yes, she would be stupid to even go into HM without bankai level powers 13 19.12%
No, she's going to get owned by Arroniro. 9 13.24%
I don't know, but she's going to receive some kind of power up. 31 45.59%
It doesn't matter, someone will rescue her. 15 22.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-28, 01:43   Link #41
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If we leave aside Kira and Momo for a bit . Lets talk about the bigger prodigy Shuhei . Shuhei was the next big thing when Rukia Renji Momo and Kira were in the academy . He was defeated by nobodies like Yumi .

Not being officially seated doent mean anything . Seeing the progress Kira Shuhei and Momo have made Rukia is way better off . The main protagonist Ichi is even not seated but he is already above taicho class Rukia maynot be Taicho class but she is deffinately above fuku
Old 2007-02-28, 03:18   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that Ikaku, Yumichika and Rukia all prove that the seating order is sometimes quite meaningless...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-28, 13:31   Link #43
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Wow, I didn't know people have such high opinion of Rukia's skills here. Oh, well, it'll be cleared by in a couple of chapters anyway, so I'm not going to go into further details on why Rukia is just an average fighter. Just a couple of points.

1. Reitsu is a main gauge on just how much natural power a shinigami has. Ichigo has A LOT. All captains have A LOT. There's never a mention that Rukia has a lot. If she did, people would notice.

2. Rukia's observations on others, and vice versa. For example, her reaction towards Ichigo's reitsu and how it's higher than her own(or something to that affect). Or her attitude of fear towards the menos, which captain/vice-captain level fighters can easily dispatch. Or the way her division and other shinigamis speak about her. No one ever said anything about her prowess in battle.

Of course, this is her ability before the start of Bleach. Is it possible that she somehow powered up following her stint in jail? I can't imagine so. Unless we're introduced something totally out of nowhere, like Chad and his sudden super-power-up.
1. this is not a very good agument, as while she has never been said to have a lot of reitsu, she has never been said to have low reitsu either, in fact the only time any one has commented on her reitsu was when she had been nearly completely drained of it by the gaiga and the tower. We also know that she could form kidou spheres that were much larger then Renji could as a child which points to her haveing the greater reitsu at the time.

2. Usesing Ichigo as an agument that someone is weak is never a good idea. When has Ichigo's reitsu not been insane? He was able to beat a captian without bankai once he was able to fully control it. Fear of the menos might point at lower power levels but remember, 1) they rarely come to earth and are not handled by the 13 divisions, but the royal task force and she had never seen one before, 2)she was completely powerless at the time and could not even take out normal hollows and Ichigo was far from combat trained her fear could have just been that they were screwed.

The only time I remember any shinigami speaking ill of her was on her first day and that was about her being the Kuchiki's "new pet" and complaining she was exempt from the gaduation and enlistment exams and that was all grumbleing behind her back, nothing at all about her power level. Everyone else had treated her with respect and she was even taken as back up by Ukitake and Kaien when they went to wipe out a hollow that killed the 3rd seat's entire squad, Ukitake must have had some faith in her ablities as he was at that time still following Byakuya's request to keep her safe.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-02-28, 16:17   Link #44
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Renji and Rukia's zanapkuto say it all one is kido based while the other is zanjutsu based .
Old 2007-02-28, 16:28   Link #45
Lendial

renji sucks at kidou as mentioned so so many times, poor guy gets no glory
Old 2007-02-28, 22:20   Link #46
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Bankai is being overated , In season 1 it was all about bankai in season 2 its all about hybridisation.
sadly enough thats the truth. Bankai is already crap compared to hollow form. It would of been a lot better if they didn't make it so much better, or it had some catch or something, but ichigo in hollow insta-killed that one guy, and that sorta made bankai really lame. I guess its only a matter of time before they add the "next" level in any fighting anime like this.
Old 2007-02-28, 22:25   Link #47
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Hey you know it's possible to get a outfit change in Bankai right?(Ichigo's and Renji's is)
So maybe when Rukia has her Bankai out her outfit would be White. KT describes Ichigo as "Black Sun" and his Zampakuto is black so maybe "White Moon" is refuring to Rukia's Zampakuto.
But I also know that the "Black Sun" and the "White Moon" is also explaining the difference between Ichigo and Rukia, but it is a possibility
Old 2007-03-01, 00:25   Link #48
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozoc View Post
sadly enough thats the truth. Bankai is already crap compared to hollow form..
Bankai isnt the ultimate powerup in season 2 even in season 1 Hybridisation was the ultimate powerup ( Hichigo ) , Ichigo had reached his pinacle thats what we though till the Antagonist Hybrids came along in season 2 . IMO Hybrids is the way to go .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodymix View Post
So maybe when Rukia has her Bankai out her outfit would be White. But I also know that the "Black Sun" and the "White Moon" is also explaining the difference between Ichigo and Rukia, but it is a possibility
Quite possible and I say White or Yuki ( snow ) color will be her robes in Bankai mode . Kudos on the Black Sun and White Moon . I have come across some fan art which depicted the Moon and Rukia in Bankai mode . Though its not authenticit just an artist interprettation .

Spoiler for Bankai Mode :
Old 2007-03-01, 02:02   Link #49
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's a beautiful interpretation. I wish we'd be so lucky as to have Kubo Tite do something like that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-01, 03:00   Link #50
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
2. Usesing Ichigo as an agument that someone is weak is never a good idea. When has Ichigo's reitsu not been insane? He was able to beat a captian without bankai once he was able to fully control it.
Remind me again who that was?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-03-01, 03:16   Link #51
Cr0ssX
Huh?

If Rukia's robes in bankai were white, wouldn't she look like a Arrancar? O.o
Old 2007-03-01, 03:33   Link #52
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0ssX View Post
If Rukia's robes in bankai were white, wouldn't she look like a Arrancar? O.o
Not really. If it was a Shinigami robe that is White then it'll look great
Old 2007-03-01, 03:41   Link #53
Lendial

shinigami and arrancar uniforms do bear striking similarity except for inverted color (white for black),and the fact that arrancar uniforms have alot more variation: jacket(ulqi)/collared(aizen)/vest(grim).

i was bet rukia has a uniform change once she reveals bankai. the other two main character shinigami both have uniform changes( renji-ichi).
Old 2007-03-01, 04:01   Link #54
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
2. Usesing Ichigo as an agument that someone is weak is never a good idea. When has Ichigo's reitsu not been insane? He was able to beat a captian without bankai once he was able to fully control it.
Remind me again who that was?
That Captain was Kenpachi. Obviously a bad example since he didn't have bankai either, but still... Kenpachi proved capable of taking on Tousen who has a bankai and possibly Komamura also, so the example certainly does prove Ichigo's strength

Old 2007-03-01, 04:01   Link #55
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodymix View Post
Hey you know it's possible to get a outfit change in Bankai right?(Ichigo's and Renji's is)
So maybe when Rukia has her Bankai out her outfit would be White. KT describes Ichigo as "Black Sun" and his Zampakuto is black so maybe "White Moon" is refuring to Rukia's Zampakuto.
But I also know that the "Black Sun" and the "White Moon" is also explaining the difference between Ichigo and Rukia, but it is a possibility
Oh, and Ichigo's attack sorta has sumthin to do with the Moon so maybe Rukia's has somethin to do with the sun
Old 2007-03-01, 08:06   Link #56
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The color white has many diffrent shades . The fanart above is a white with a tinge of Blue Toruiose blue to be exact . Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki as seen in the anime is pure white or Dove colored white . The Espada uniform is a Glossy shade of White which differs from Sode no Shirayuki . Though both are white they are shades apart

Below is a an art by Kubo released in 255 judge for yourself the diffrence in shades of white in comparisoin to SnS

Old 2007-03-01, 09:46   Link #57
saravis

One thing I've been wondering. We all know how protective Byakuya is of Rukia, so why would he allow her to go to Hueco Mundo. Shouldn't he be full well aware of the absolute dangers in going there and yet he was fully supportive of her going there, why?
Old 2007-03-01, 15:05   Link #58
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
One thing I've been wondering. We all know how protective Byakuya is of Rukia, so why would he allow her to go to Hueco Mundo. Shouldn't he be full well aware of the absolute dangers in going there and yet he was fully supportive of her going there, why?
I would like to think it's because he has confidence in her skills to let her go to Hueco Mundo to invade Aizen's lair, so therefore she has to have bankai because that's the only way he'll let her go .

Seriously, though, while I think he does have confidence in her ability to handle herself, I think Byakuya's lack of reluctance to let Rukia go to HM, and he did provide the capes too, shows that their relationship has changed. Instead of being completely overprotective or completely cold, he's taking her wishes into account. He knows she feels a responsibility to go and he's signaling that he'll support her no matter what her decision is because she is ultimately her own person. So he's acting like a reasonable brother for once . So I truly think it's a sign of respect.

He's allowing Rukia to have the freedom to make her own decisions and it shows a growth in their relationship, or at least a complete turn-around from before and during the SS arc.
Old 2007-03-02, 23:26   Link #59
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
Oh, and Ichigo's attack sorta has sumthin to do with the Moon so maybe Rukia's has somethin to do with the sun
That would be so cool actually
Old 2007-03-04, 05:36   Link #60
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i hope her bankai is a Chappy bunni with the power to draw explosion pictures and materilize them!
wooo that is nice