AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-02-11, 02:12   Link #6121
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
What are you talking about? Psychos are one of easier type to redeem in manga.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 02:49   Link #6122
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Megane always won in Ken Akamatsu stories, huh?
Ken Akamatsu needs a better fetish.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 12:12   Link #6123
AstroNerdBoy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
What are you talking about? Psychos are one of easier type to redeem in manga.
I'm not familiar with that, but then my manga range isn't all that great. However, in my mind, a true psycho is like a Ted Bundy or a Charles Manson. These people are mentally off the scale into the abyss of darkness from which there is no return.
__________________
AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 13:02   Link #6124
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It's not about getting out of darkness, just point it in right direction.

As for Cutlass, she might be able leave darkness even. She might have no regard for human life and is driven by spite, but as long as she can get rid of that spite she has no reason harm innocent either.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 09:58   Link #6125
Ligerleon89
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's not about getting out of darkness, just point it in right direction.

As for Cutlass, she might be able leave darkness even. She might have no regard for human life and is driven by spite, but as long as she can get rid of that spite she has no reason harm innocent either.
If she wants to....
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 10:22   Link #6126
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Before we cross her off dont forget that Fate wanted to kill everyone on mars...wholeeeee planet. Now he is a good guy and can work with Eva.

Negi was a good kid now Ialda has him and she wants to kill everone on earth, so does that make Negi a bad guy too.

We dont know anything about Cutlass, how she lost her arm and leg, what made her this way or what happened in past.

Maybe Cutlass used her artifact and placed a "fake body: to be destroyed just like what she did with that arm, which even tricked the glass-senpai. Everyone will think she was killed and then she will backstab the situation.
This is one of big problems/differences between Ialda in Negima and here.

In Negima while the entire plan of the Cosmo Elwhateveria, is EXTREME, without Negi's solution it de facto is the best way to go about it. Magical World was doomed, they could either stand by and let the Human population die on surface of Mars and non-humans die when the world goes, OR provide everyone with paradise and preserve their person in their perfect worlds. Far from a perfect solution, and they did start a bit early IMO but there wasn't really any other recourse.

Here? Ialda seems more insane than anything. The situation on Earth is for some not entirely through out reason bad but not terrible, and for some also completelly unclear reason she is trying to get people killed since she is mad.

Hence the CE wanting to "destroy" Magical World is FAAAAR from their current agenda of indiscriminate terror and destruction of civilians.

Also, TBH I was never a fan of Fate's 11th hour heel face turn. To me it allways felt bolted on at the last moment. Especially given his comments before they "rehabilitated" him. For example treating the scattering of students in Negi's care all over a dangerous world as his GIFT to him and such.

So, seeing that I'm barely okay with Fate, who had reasons, to rehabilitate that fucking PSYCHO, she better do something magnificent and continue doing it. Because else it's just going to be shonen BS heel face turn. Because a person that is gloating about blowing up and nuking civilian space stations doesn't sound to me like a person I want to see more off. But then again I also have issues with Negima characters being forced into the role of badguys and siding with mass civillian murdering terorists.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 12:03   Link #6127
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I'm not familiar with that, but then my manga range isn't all that great. However, in my mind, a true psycho is like a Ted Bundy or a Charles Manson. These people are mentally off the scale into the abyss of darkness from which there is no return.
You're speaking about sociopaths here. In manga and anime, it's rarer to deal with characters like these in the context of their illness, and when they do, they aren't generally redeemed.

Characters who issues stem from issues in their past warping them are more common, and the series focuses on exactly how they were warped, sometimes with a focus on eventual redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
This is one of big problems/differences between Ialda in Negima and here.

In Negima while the entire plan of the Cosmo Elwhateveria, is EXTREME, without Negi's solution it de facto is the best way to go about it. Magical World was doomed, they could either stand by and let the Human population die on surface of Mars and non-humans die when the world goes, OR provide everyone with paradise and preserve their person in their perfect worlds. Far from a perfect solution, and they did start a bit early IMO but there wasn't really any other recourse.
Rather than engaging in terrorism, starting wars and mass kidnapping, if the goal was to save the world, working with the world's governments would have been a better choice, don't you think?

Quote:
Here? Ialda seems more insane than anything. The situation on Earth is for some not entirely through out reason bad but not terrible, and for some also completelly unclear reason she is trying to get people killed since she is mad.
Does there really need to be some reason why the world is worse off? Happens all the time in RL, often for no good reason either. As for why Ialda is worse than before, perhaps all those ghosts have driven her more insane than she was before.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:42   Link #6128
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Rather than engaging in terrorism, starting wars and mass kidnapping, if the goal was to save the world, working with the world's governments would have been a better choice, don't you think?
Not really no. It's not like they would have had anything to contribute anyway. The actual MAKER of the world didn't have any better idea than this. What better could bunch of advanced NPCs recommend.

Then again they also had their fingers deep into those same governments so they basically HAD support from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Does there really need to be some reason why the world is worse off? Happens all the time in RL, often for no good reason either. As for why Ialda is worse than before, perhaps all those ghosts have driven her more insane than she was before.
Ehh, kinda feels strange to the level the Earth devolved down to, with most of population seemingly either in small isolated settlements or next to the elevator. That simply doesn't compute to me. You would still need a lot of Earth side industry, simply because infrastructure was there, and opening of space... In any case there are actually PRETTY DAMN good reasons for such DRASTIC sociological and economical shifts as this one here. They might be complex, but they are there.

As for her going insane, well that's just not an engaging antagonist to me. ESPECIALLY since they go ON AND ON AND ON AND DON'T ever SHUT THE FUCK UP, about how they are going to SAVE THE WORLD by mass murdering civilians for no apparent reason.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 02:28   Link #6129
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
If she wants to....
She doesn't. She don't mind killing thousands or even millions if it is to hurt Touta...or if it's order. It would certainly wouldn't hinder her sleep, but I don't see her as type to kill random puppies and spread chaos for sake of chaos itself.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 06:14   Link #6130
SilverGlavenus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere in this Universe
Though I like her to be killed for good, it seems that she would be later revived one way or another. The problem with shounen genre is that if the damage is somehow undone, the antagonist is redeemable.

Tbh, Touta's so called relationship with her is shallow. He hates her deeds, but hesitated since she is his "sister". Touta needs to step up his game, both mentally and physically, since he won't be able to get out of similar situations in the future.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 10:32   Link #6131
NapoleonDeCheese
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Not really no. It's not like they would have had anything to contribute anyway. The actual MAKER of the world didn't have any better idea than this. What better could bunch of advanced NPCs recommend.

Then again they also had their fingers deep into those same governments so they basically HAD support from them.
That and Godel, basically the only other person with any sort of plan or the means to achieve it, already had his own agenda. It was called 'save this relatively small bunch of people and let everybody else to rot'...
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 16:35   Link #6132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Not really no. It's not like they would have had anything to contribute anyway. The actual MAKER of the world didn't have any better idea than this. What better could bunch of advanced NPCs recommend.

Then again they also had their fingers deep into those same governments so they basically HAD support from them.


Ehh, kinda feels strange to the level the Earth devolved down to, with most of population seemingly either in small isolated settlements or next to the elevator. That simply doesn't compute to me. You would still need a lot of Earth side industry, simply because infrastructure was there, and opening of space... In any case there are actually PRETTY DAMN good reasons for such DRASTIC sociological and economical shifts as this one here. They might be complex, but they are there.

As for her going insane, well that's just not an engaging antagonist to me. ESPECIALLY since they go ON AND ON AND ON AND DON'T ever SHUT THE FUCK UP, about how they are going to SAVE THE WORLD by mass murdering civilians for no apparent reason.
Didn't they explain Ialda's insanity already? She wants to save everyone. Including the people who already died. So, while she's technically not indifferent to the living, she cares much more about the dead, if only because there are so many more of them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 06:26   Link #6133
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't they explain Ialda's insanity already? She wants to save everyone. Including the people who already died. So, while she's technically not indifferent to the living, she cares much more about the dead, if only because there are so many more of them.
Ehh, that is much less untactful to me, and seems more actions of a deranged person. And antagonist just being mad is not an interesting antagonist.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 19:08   Link #6134
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^ yeah, but what caused her madness is the compelling thing.

Look no further than Negi himself, and Asuna said it best: by carrying so much burden for the sake of others, Negi ended up where he is now.

The happy ending in Negima was only possible thanks to the "cheat" devised by Chao.

The latest chapters have also touched on this, and Touta may actually walk a different path from Nagi and Negi.
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 09:00   Link #6135
SilverGlavenus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere in this Universe
Wait, did Negi know what was waiting for him if he defeated Ialda, about the curse ?? And if he did not, it's not actually like he carried the burden of others voluntarily.

Also, I don't remember the origin of Ialda's infinite sympathy. Was it ever revealed ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 09:04   Link #6136
usaamahahmed101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
does tota still like eva?
usaamahahmed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 11:30   Link #6137
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Wait, did Negi know what was waiting for him if he defeated Ialda, about the curse ?? And if he did not, it's not actually like he carried the burden of others voluntarily.

Also, I don't remember the origin of Ialda's infinite sympathy. Was it ever revealed ??
Born with it, apparently. Probably one of the worst powers ever tbh
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 12:27   Link #6138
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Wait, did Negi know what was waiting for him if he defeated Ialda, about the curse ?? And if he did not, it's not actually like he carried the burden of others voluntarily.

Also, I don't remember the origin of Ialda's infinite sympathy. Was it ever revealed ??
Negi mostly knew about it yet somebody had to do it, maybe he gave others time to solve things or find a solution while the last plan was to kill him and destroy Ialda with that asunas power as she tries to change hosts (reason why Tota was created)

Well Negi had been dumped by Chisame and mostly to ease the pain he focused on stoping Ialda and saving everyone from destruction. Since his love interest had rejected him he mostly felt as he has nothing else to lose, since he killed his own father (carries the burden that Eva wont be ablet o meet him), sister Nekane is mostly dead by now so does any of his blood relatives, even by now most of his classmates/students died of old age.

Yet I wonder where does this story lead, does it want to tie the Negima ending or create 3rd option. Maybe at the end Negi will be saved but he will end up in a coma for unknown time, giving Eva a reason to exist (watching over him along with till he wakes up).
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 16:08   Link #6139
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaamahahmed101 View Post
does tota still like eva?
Pretty sure at this point Kirie's taken over as the main love interest (unfortunately) and Akamatsu is pushing for her hard. I wouldn't expect an Eva x Touta ending.

And I'm saying this as someone who really liked their dynamic during the training arc in Dana's castle and really wanted to see them together. But it's not gonna happen.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 22:20   Link #6140
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I don't think Akamatdu pushing that hard. At the moment I would say it's fifty-fifty chance for her to be ending girl. That said Touta himself still like Yukihime more regardless whether it come to fruition or he move on to Kirie soon.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.