AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 22:39   Link #1681
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Since Kanon 2006 is LICENSED (and has been fully released too!), ADV/Funimation is the answer to your first question. The second question is off topic for this thread.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 23:49   Link #1682
Welkins

Oh, I see. I apologizes then for posting that question in this thread.
Welkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 12:10   Link #1683
Akka

Just finished the serie, and feeling like passing by and giving my opinion.

Well, it was a very good and very emotionnal serie. Many really heartbreaking moments, many funny ones, but also definitely some drawbacks.
Guess it'll be spoilerish, 'cause you can't really talk about what happened without spoiling it ^^

Spoiler:
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:58   Link #1684
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
But still, Kanon made me feel strong emotions, and that alone makes it quite a good anime.
Yeah i agree. Thats why i watched Kanon 3 times in 10 month(for some people here, its not often but well.. )

Quote:
Spoiler:
Makotos story is my favourite.
From my point of view, she´s the cutest and honest girl in Kanon 2006.
Her story "toutched" me the most.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:55   Link #1685
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Makotos story is my favourite.
From my point of view, she´s the cutest and honest girl in Kanon 2006.
Her story "toutched" me the most.
I'm still crying and sobbing each time I remember one of her touching moment.
And I'm a guy. Yeah, shameful, but I don't care
Old 2009-01-15, 12:00   Link #1686
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
I'm still crying and sobbing each time I remember one of her touching moment.
And I'm a guy. Yeah, shameful, but I don't care
Im a guy, too. I care neither.
Old 2009-01-15, 16:23   Link #1687
Deathscyther

I liked Makoto's arc best as well, followed closely by Ayu's (I did like her arc )
Old 2009-02-09, 20:57   Link #1688
Xyphon101

I must say, this was one of the most- if not the most amazing anime I've ever watched.
Xyphon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 22:59   Link #1689
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
I've been trying to come up with a design of the Minase residence and so far I've got something like this:

This is the first floor. On the second floor we see 6 doors (4 opposite the stairs and 2 on the same side). Looking from the stirs perspective the rightmost is Yuuichi's room, next Nayuki's room, Makoto's room and finally Ayu's room. We don't see what's behind the two doors on the opposite side.
When I did my research for Kanon Minasesanchi on Akiko's house, I came across this drawing, which seems similar to what you've concluded. It includes the washitsu (Japanese-style room) behind the dining table. I believe you can see this room in the flashbacks during Kanon 2006 when young Yuuichi was lying on the porch.

Main thing was I was comparing it to the original art backgrounds in the Kanon game for our animation and it also seems to match exactly. It seems Kyoani did a good job of studying the original backgrounds too.

You can see the drawing says 'washitsu'... and less clearly, 'engawa' at the back of the house. (outside traditional wooden porch... is sorta the translation.) It also marks off Akiko's room where you guessed it is.... Also, the floor layout matches what the house sorta looks like when viewed from outside in Kanon 2006... so...

I think this pic is from an official source... but I can't be sure... anyone?
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 14:22   Link #1690
Welkins

I just noticed something from watching AIR.

Episode 2, when Yukito was delivering Kano her bento, he asked three female students from her school; those students were extremely identical to Ayu, Nayuki, and Makoto. Same details and evertyhing, hair, eyes color, bow/hairband, and even Ayu's backpack(beside her and Makato being tall). lol.

This is the first time I've noticed this, even though this is my fourth time watching AIR. Granted, the first three was before I watched Kanon. I've just found it surprising since AIR was made before Kanon but KyotoAni seemed like they were already getting ready to make Kanon after they finish with AIR.
Welkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 01:29   Link #1691
ATP

^^ Isn't that what TV Tropes call expy?

Looks like it's confirmed as well:

Quote:
Ayu has appeared in many works outside of Kanon, as well as being cited as being extremely popular and recognized in both Japan and the west. Ayu especially "has had more appearances outside of the original Kanon than any other anime or H-game character ever."[17] Ayu has appeared in countless dōjin games such as Glove on Fight and Eternal Fighter Zero.[4] In the anime adaptation of Air, another of Key's visual novels, Ayu makes a cameo appearance in episode two along with Nayuki Minase and Makoto Sawatari as regular girls who talk with Yukito Kunisaki briefly.
ATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 17:33   Link #1692
Akka

Not an expy, no. An expy is, IIRC, a character that is a copycat, or a home-made, version of another one.

In this case, it's rather a cameo or an easter egg, not a remake.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:32   Link #1693
Jimmy C

No one talking about the Blue Ray release?
Release date: Dec 16. 5.1 audio and English subtitles, one hopes they licensed ADV's translation, it'd be better than the engrish we've seen in some native English subs.
Also hope they have a full-length animated OP like Air did.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:45   Link #1694
ireact

I complained earlier that I found KANON repetitive and sexist and creepy. A couple days ago, a friend told me about playing the visual novel, and that's when I realized where my problems with the series came from. In the game, all the girls' arcs are *separate*. Yuichi only experiences *one* of the storylines in the game, and which one is up to the player. In the anime, Yuichi experiences four of the arcs and bits and pieces of Nayuki's, and that's why the story seems so repetitive in hitting the same beats (troubled girl longs for Yuichi, then vanishes from the series once her arc is over). It isn't sexist to do it once, but doing it four times in a row gives that impression. Also, the game's arcs are meant to be separate as opposed to sequential. Mai, Amano, Shiori and others vanish once the visual novel's plot for them is used up, except the game gets to end there while the anime has to go on without them.

This probably shows how KANON was meant as a game with five separate routes, not an anime with five overlapping plots. That's why the show is so fragmented, why its characters fade in and out, why the emotional beats are repetitive and why the ending is arbitrary and confusing.

Also, I think when they cast a popular actor as Yuichi, they had to design the character to fit the voice. But that meant Yuichi looks too old for the childlike girls in this series. Probably not intentional, but still rather creepy. I thought KANON was a clumsy piece of work, but I guess part of it is that it was never meant to work as an anime series. It was a game and the material didn't always benefit from the adaptation.
ireact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 23:17   Link #1695
agaric1

New to the forums. I love Kanon. I have watched it so many times. I think that there is nothing about Kanon that is not absolutely beautiful. I know some people have complaints about the female characters eyes. I can see this but it does not bother me. It is #2 in my top 5. I actually replaced Bleach with Kanon at #2.
agaric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 01:35   Link #1696
Liddo-kun
is this so?

finished the 2006 version a few weeks ago.

Now starting 2002. Ayu so nice in both versions.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-01, 22:29   Link #1697
agaric1

Still love Kanon. Wish that there could be a sequel after all this time. Still rewatch it.
Old 2022-11-02, 01:54   Link #1698
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

What sequel? You know, it's not an adaptaton of some ongoing manga/LN. They adapted the whole story in one season and there is no sequel visual novel.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 02:08   Link #1699
larethian

^^ You could try watching AIR, CLANNAD, and play HEAVEN BURNS RED to cope.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 05:15   Link #1700
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

None of those are on Kanon's level though.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen