AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-01, 20:12   Link #7501
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Dont know how should I feel, I like this unexpected development, but on the other hand, she is not the girl I wanted to get it.
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 20:48   Link #7502
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Is there even anyone who still cares about Haruna left? I know I don't, that seems very undeserved for obvious reasons.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 21:51   Link #7503
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Is there even anyone who still cares about Haruna left? I know I don't, that seems very undeserved for obvious reasons.
well there's me . I understand why most people dont anymore but hey that doesnt bother me
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 22:15   Link #7504
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
all I care about is Yui getting her time to shine again
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 23:28   Link #7505
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
Wow~! I've totally forgotten about Haruna .... Oh well too bad this isn't a Yami, Yui, or Mikan chapter.
__________________
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 23:32   Link #7506
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Yui, Rin and Mea chapters are the best.
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 00:04   Link #7507
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Ok so Harunas parents are home so why not make it that they annonce that they are moving away ^^ so that would be the last kiss they share so harunas chara would go out of the window at last (her spot can take Kyoko)

Anyway I dont like this development at all.... there are planty of girls that deserve that first kiss more and I think that this chapter will slowly lead to the whole harem plan crumbling as rito will focus on haruna and will abondon the idea of harem...so it will be momo's time to shine and express her jelousy

ps. M(o)ron needs to disappear... let put him to eternal sleep... he destroys all development
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 04:36   Link #7508
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Haruna may not be the most interesting character, but that's mostly the fault of the general premisse that both of them started out with "hidden" in-love feeling (as in that it could end the manga instantly) instead of using it as tool where they question if the feeling is a simple school crush or more. Haruna had as good as no development because of the risk that the story could be instantly over should one be able to take a step forward.

Besides, there are a few (comedy-)harem-ecchi manga where the (first) kiss is not the end of all harem-jinx. KissxSis, that annoying manga Umi no Misaki, for example. Yabuki can easily use it to make the other haremettes more aggressive in their approach in order to make Rito more aware of all girls and *bam* back at the beginning. Just let him escape in embarrassment to avoid the "inevitable".
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 04:47   Link #7509
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Haruna may not be the most interesting character, but that's mostly the fault of the general premisse that both of them started out with "hidden" in-love feeling (as in that it could end the manga instantly) instead of using it as tool where they question if the feeling is a simple school crush or more. Haruna had as good as no development because of the risk that the story could be instantly over should one be able to take a step forward.

Besides, there are a few (comedy-)harem-ecchi manga where the (first) kiss is not the end of all harem-jinx. KissxSis, that annoying manga Umi no Misaki, for example. Yabuki can easily use it to make the other haremettes more aggressive in their approach in order to make Rito more aware of all girls and *bam* back at the beginning. Just let him escape in embarrassment to avoid the "inevitable".
and that premise if you remember the original story (which i doubt most of you do). Is why this is actually a rather beautiful development. The fact is and Momo has admitted such the harem plan requires haruna more then any other character. She is still quite clearly Number 1 or number 2. If Momo can convince haruna to accept the harem plan well then Rito will be convinced far easier. The likely hood of that is another matter.
Hating Maron is rather easy but hating haruna yea you guys should want her in the story more not less
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 00:18   Link #7510
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
and that premise if you remember the original story (which i doubt most of you do). Is why this is actually a rather beautiful development. The fact is and Momo has admitted such the harem plan requires haruna more then any other character. She is still quite clearly Number 1 or number 2. If Momo can convince haruna to accept the harem plan well then Rito will be convinced far easier. The likely hood of that is another matter.
Hating Maron is rather easy but hating haruna yea you guys should want her in the story more not less
If by sacraficing Haruna for the sake of more Yui, Kyoko, Run, Yami, Mea, Rin or even Nemesis then be it ^^ more of those is always better then slowpoke haruna. Even the (cool) Rin got more character development then Haruna in both series.

So if we need a shy human school gril... that role might be passed to Yui with ease as everyone loves yui


Im kinda worried that this chapter will lead to some problems as rito will only think about this kiss and will not focus on other girls at all... and since Haruna clearly said she doesnt want harem and now she took the lead then why should she give up and ack streight on jelousy and sense of victory.

Mea might dig in what happened to rito and form a plan but momo needs to solve her resolve soon since lately Momo is thinking what mom said if she really wants that. Its up to momo to decide since Selphie is ok with the concept as rito is a good person and she doesnt mind him.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 00:52   Link #7511
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 37
Whao! Finally a legit real kiss! Please someone pinch me Iam I dreaming?! And this is no April Fools joke either. Ok does this mean Rito will now accidentally do something and kiss a girl?!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 05:26   Link #7512
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
If by sacraficing Haruna for the sake of more Yui, Kyoko, Run, Yami, Mea, Rin or even Nemesis then be it ^^ more of those is always better then slowpoke haruna. Even the (cool) Rin got more character development then Haruna in both series.

So if we need a shy human school gril... that role might be passed to Yui with ease as everyone loves yui


Im kinda worried that this chapter will lead to some problems as rito will only think about this kiss and will not focus on other girls at all... and since Haruna clearly said she doesnt want harem and now she took the lead then why should she give up and ack streight on jelousy and sense of victory.

Mea might dig in what happened to rito and form a plan but momo needs to solve her resolve soon since lately Momo is thinking what mom said if she really wants that. Its up to momo to decide since Selphie is ok with the concept as rito is a good person and she doesnt mind him.
You dont freaking get it none of you freaking get it there's a damn good reason why haruna got zero development and everyone who knows this series should realize what it is and get over that problem.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 06:05   Link #7513
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You dont freaking get it none of you freaking get it there's a damn good reason why haruna got zero development and everyone who knows this series should realize what it is and get over that problem.
No YOU don't get it, there is no excuse to NOT develop a supposed important character.

There are many different ways that Haruna can be developed without the need for any romantic development (the same can be said for her many clones out there specially Onodera).

Since you keep defending this horrible trope in romcom/harem anime then please explain how the character with next to no development that never even put any effort into trying to be with the one she supposedly loves and is just either following someone else orders/advice/actions (Maron and Lala for Haruna and Ruri for Onodera) or cockblocking her own self is more worthy of receiving the happy ending over the one's that you've seen change, those you've seen different sides to that give the MC (and the audience by extention) a real reason to care about throughout there series.

The whole trope of the MC having a crush (yes, it is just a crush, not true love since it doesn't meet the requirements) on some girl and the MC goes on to obsess about her to the point where the other actually compelling characters are just sacrificed anytime the bland and underdeveloped character makes an entrance has gotten tiresome, clichéd and is plainly just bad lazy writing to some of us and we won't stand for that bs arguement.

Simply put we get it, but some of us don't buy into the bs of why a supposed important character isn't being developed in any meaningful way, like I have said before just a pretty face a meaningful character does not make.

But hey, not saying you can't defend what you think (by all means you do you) just don't expect everyone to accept things that don't make sense to them.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 06:47   Link #7514
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
No YOU don't get it, there is no excuse to NOT develop a supposed important character.

There are many different ways that Haruna can be developed without the need for any romantic development (the same can be said for her many clones out there specially Onodera).

Since you keep defending this horrible trope in romcom/harem anime then please explain how the character with next to no development that never even put any effort into trying to be with the one she supposedly loves and is just either following someone else orders/advice/actions (Maron and Lala for Haruna and Ruri for Onodera) or cockblocking her own self is more worthy of receiving the happy ending over the one's that you've seen change, those you've seen different sides to that give the MC (and the audience by extention) a real reason to care about throughout there series.

The whole trope of the MC having a crush (yes, it is just a crush, not true love since it doesn't meet the requirements) on some girl and the MC goes on to obsess about her to the point where the other actually compelling characters are just sacrificed anytime the bland and underdeveloped character makes an entrance has gotten tiresome, clichéd and is plainly just bad lazy writing to some of us and we won't stand for that bs arguement.

Simply put we get it, but some of us don't buy into the bs of why a supposed important character isn't being developed in any meaningful way, like I have said before just a pretty face a meaningful character does not make.

But hey, not saying you can't defend what you think (by all means you do you) just don't expect everyone to accept things that don't make sense to them.
What a lovely rant .
Whats ironic is that lets face it everything you say is absolutely correct. However, something thats pretty apparent is that 90% of To-Love Ru is lazy writing.
I mean really even for a monthly series its mastered the art of doing basically nothing. If you look at the last 20 chapters maybe 4 of them contain actual progress on the original storyline (the harem plan).

We spent what 15 chapters talking about the dangers of the darkness transformation turns out yami just becomes hyper horny. Yea she can do some damage but she uses it for more tentacle rape and the way to stop her and Rito's attempt at being pervy is imitating the principal.

Think about the fact that we've known about the harem plan for the entire series and its still not even in what frankly is a first phrase. His moments with the girls mostly consist of him finding new ways to fall into their crotches.

The thing i find comical above all is this. You complain about Haruna whenever she has a moment with Rito but whats been clearly established is that of every single character in this series for the actual plot SHE is the most necessary of all and it infuriates everyone of you.

I mean you've talked about comparisions to his wife. Its quite pathetic.

But we can have this debate all day and it'll be quite nasty so lets end it with my statement
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 19:47   Link #7515
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
No YOU don't get it, there is no excuse to NOT develop a supposed important character.

There are many different ways that Haruna can be developed without the need for any romantic development (the same can be said for her many clones out there specially Onodera).

Since you keep defending this horrible trope in romcom/harem anime then please explain how the character with next to no development that never even put any effort into trying to be with the one she supposedly loves and is just either following someone else orders/advice/actions (Maron and Lala for Haruna and Ruri for Onodera) or cockblocking her own self is more worthy of receiving the happy ending over the one's that you've seen change, those you've seen different sides to that give the MC (and the audience by extention) a real reason to care about throughout there series.

The whole trope of the MC having a crush (yes, it is just a crush, not true love since it doesn't meet the requirements) on some girl and the MC goes on to obsess about her to the point where the other actually compelling characters are just sacrificed anytime the bland and underdeveloped character makes an entrance has gotten tiresome, clichéd and is plainly just bad lazy writing to some of us and we won't stand for that bs arguement.

Simply put we get it, but some of us don't buy into the bs of why a supposed important character isn't being developed in any meaningful way, like I have said before just a pretty face a meaningful character does not make.

But hey, not saying you can't defend what you think (by all means you do you) just don't expect everyone to accept things that don't make sense to them.
No it is clear you don't get it. Haruna is the straight man, she has been fleshed out but she is the completely normal school girl that limit her roles in non romantic centered story lines. Any change in Rito and Haruna's relationship aside from her dumping him ,which won't happen , at this time ends up with Rito picking her alone. It's the same reason Lala and Ran are sidetracked right now or their chapters are just antics. And your point about it just being a crush then applies to all the girls. No one gets development to any large degree as that is a quick road to the end of the series something that neither the authors or the editors want .

And as I pointed out it's not Black Cat. TLR is much closer to a gag series like Urusei Yatsura (god knows it pretty much has the same plot and many of the characters map cleanly into each other( Lum/Lala Ran/Run Shinobu/Haruna ) aside from the TLR cast not being awful people) or Ranma1/2
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play

Last edited by kagato3; 2015-04-03 at 20:25.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 20:11   Link #7516
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No it is clear you don't get it. Any change in Rito and Haruna's relationship aside from her dumping him ,which won't happen , at this time ends up with Rito picking her alone. It's the same reason Lala and Ran are sidetracked right now or their chapters are just antics. No one gets development to any large degree.

And as I pointed out it's not Black Cat. TLR is much closer to a gag series like Urusei Yatsura (god knows it pretty much has the same plot and many of the characters map cleanly into each other( Lum/Lala Ran/Run Shinobu/Haruna ) aside from the TLR cast not being awful people) or Ranma1/2
This guy gets it bravo but thats alright kagato they're pissed because of the fact Haruna and much like her onodera hold the series hostage and developing them is quite unecessary as long as you wanna milk this for all its worth.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 20:55   Link #7517
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 37
Like in School Rumble main love interest first. Main character Rito, main love interest Haruna. It will develop on and later become a harem or not depending on where the author takes it.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:00   Link #7518
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Like in School Rumble main love interest first. Main character Rito, main love interest Haruna. It will develop on and later become a harem or not depending on where the author takes it.
You're comparing this to school rumble ... o wait you were serious

School rumble and this have slice of life in common but thats about it. Granted To-Love Ru isnt a great example of slice of life
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-04-03 at 21:12.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:04   Link #7519
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You're comparing this to school rumble ... o wait you were serious

School rumble and this have slice of life in common but thats about it.
Well main character love interest mostly end up with each other not unless in special occasions like a harem or the other character is way too popular he/she ends up with the main character. also SR is just one of the many anime examples.

Personally though end up with Mea! Licking!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:10   Link #7520
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well main character love interest mostly end up with each other not unless in special ocassions like a harem or the other character is way too popular he/she ends up with the main character.

Personally though end up with Mea! Licking!
Not by a long shot. School rumble is a series of about 5 massive love triangles that are all connected in various ways and were never gonna end well and in the end nobody wins.

To Love Ru Darkness the problem is simply a bunch of girls like an absolute pansy and somehow they're trying to convince us everybodys gonna win but the reality is it probably wont happen that way at all.

Also even in harems usually there's only 1 winner and thats the end girl and 9 times out of 10 who that winner is has been decided fairly quickly people just ignore that fact because its easier that way instead of accept that the ending was obvious
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.