AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-18, 14:12   Link #21
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Just one more question does he have a clear goal in his life like in artifureta the goal was return to Japan or in Inuyasha that keeps traveling to defeat some villain? I hope he isn`t just traveling aimless because there is nothing worst that that in a novel.
While I disagree with your choice of series to reference for goals (you do realize those are both just excuses to aimlessly travel, right?), he hasn't had a goal other than find somewhere comfortable to live that isn't infested with heroes that might recognize him.
As of the latest arc, he's actually contemplating life in general and what he wants from it. Gets kinda philosophical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
So there's still hope of getting that sword back
The god being says right in the first chapter it's impossible, and when he finally gets near his sword it turns out to be impossible.
So no. Even if he kills the hero, it's likely going to just be destroyed.

The only reason it was able to be taken to begin with was because they were in the god realm place whatever where even spiritual things (the sword is an ability, not an actual pure physical object) are physical.
And odds are he's not going to get to go back there with the hero in tow to take it back. Or just plain at all.
Besides, Yukishiro's better than that shitty sword anyway.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 14:34   Link #22
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

For readers thinking of trying this out, the start can be considered slow since the MC is evading people from the get go; but it gets better when his past life starts catching up with him regardless of what the Kurando wants; that takes a while but still happens within the first arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
If I understood correctly, didn't he "not lost much" anyway? His supposed cheat was going to be something like "using all elements", and while he lost it and can't use them; he has the proficiency of learning them all since he was compatible with that anyway (which is unusual); so he could technically "get there" with enough effort..... At least that's how I remember it? I'm probably wrong?.

...... Anyway; I just want Akarin to take a bite of that Kurando bowl, is that so difficult?
Old 2016-04-18, 14:53   Link #23
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
If I understood correctly, didn't he "not lost much" anyway? His supposed cheat was going to be something like "using all elements", and while he lost it and can't use them; he has the proficiency of learning them all since he was compatible with that anyway (which is unusual); so he could technically "get there" with enough effort..... At least that's how I remember it? I'm probably wrong?.
Spoiler for :

Akari, huh. Might be nice if she actually became relevant again.
She still pops up now and then in the After Chapters, but it's not like she ever does anything of note.
Maybe one day.
Old 2016-04-18, 15:03   Link #24
jmcu17

Story sounds depressing. Seems the only reason to read this is to see the heroes fail miersably at whatever task they're sent to this world to do and needs MC's help for whatever reason. Cause you just don't steal a man's sword like that. Why have they been summoned anyways?
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 15:11   Link #25
Yoburi

Quote:
While I disagree with your choice of series to reference for goals (you do realize those are both just excuses to aimlessly travel, right?), he hasn't had a goal other than find somewhere comfortable to live that isn't infested with heroes that might recognize him.
As of the latest arc, he's actually contemplating life in general and what he wants from it. Gets kinda philosophical.

The god being says right in the first chapter it's impossible, and when he finally gets near his sword it turns out to be impossible.
So no. Even if he kills the hero, it's likely going to just be destroyed.

The only reason it was able to be taken to begin with was because they were in the god realm place whatever where even spiritual things (the sword is an ability, not an actual pure physical object) are physical.
And odds are he's not going to get to go back there with the hero in tow to take it back. Or just plain at all.
Thanks for the answers and yes i know Inushaya and Artifureta got shit reasons to amilessly travel thats why i pick them as references.

But still better than having no excuse at all finding a place that i belong looks to me what a 18 year old would say after being bully by these heroes not a mature man.

I think i pass this novel because the MC isn`t the adult i expect, he looks too imature to me a man doens`t need to find a comfortable place he can make one.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 15:22   Link #26
sasuke706

^I would actually call the protagonist the most mature protagonist of the series I read, but that could just be due to my tastes. That and whenever I find another series with an adult protagonist, they act like they're 14 anyway.
And you say it sounds like a childish problem, but this story takes it in a more realistic direction. He's a contractor that moved from temporary job to temporary job in Japan, and then gets summoned to a world he knows jack shit about and none of his skills or education are enough to really mean anything.
So that raises the question of then what should he do? Currently he's living fine as a hunter, but he doesn't have anywhere he can consider home anymore which does bother him to certain extents.
You could even say that the ones trying to return are the immature ones since they refuse to accept the reality of the situation they're in and cling to an unrealistic hope.
And it's not like he can just make somewhere he's comfortable. If he stays in the kingdom the heroes were summoned in, he'd have to live in hiding to be afraid of found out he's alive and killed due to being a political inconvenience.
In other lands, there's basic different cultures and religions that don't set well with him. Like in a couple countries, simply possessing even illustrations of women not fully clothed are grounds for imprisonment. For the record, Kurando likes drawing women often, and not all of them are clothed, partially or otherwise. So that rule's kind of a problem.

Curious though, just what is the kind of adult that you 'expect' anyway?
Someone who cuts downs his own trees and builds their own log cabin preaching that they're a free man?
Are you sure you're not just making light of how difficult a situation like this can be?
Anyway, you should really judge a story after reading it, not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
Story sounds depressing. Seems the only reason to read this is to see the heroes fail miersably at whatever task they're sent to this world to do and needs MC's help for whatever reason. Cause you just don't steal a man's sword like that. Why have they been summoned anyways?
They got summoned because a spoiled loli genius princess wanted to test her summoning magic. It's actually a controversial political topic in-story.
It's literally the only reason. She was also part of the thief hero's party for a while.
There's no world ending threat, no declining population, just a normal? fantasy world that really didn't need any heroes but got some anyway.

And again the story has some depressing elements to it, it has not depressing elements as well.
It's just depression tends to stick out more to people because finding flaws is easier than finding virtues.
And the title is about the protagonist not being a hero. He doesn't want to help his 'fellow' heroes and fun things might happen if he does, like say...
Spoiler for Helping a hero:
Old 2016-04-18, 16:35   Link #27
Yoburi

Quote:

Curious though, just what is the kind of adult that you 'expect' anyway?
Someone who cuts downs his own trees and builds their own log cabin preaching that they're a free man?
Are you sure you're not just making light of how difficult a situation like this can be?
Anyway, you should really judge a story after reading it, not before.

Well i would like a adult that trys to build a comfortable place for himself in this shitty situaction and won`t take shit from these thief brats and get even.

Now i not saying that he should be a fucking mounatin man but why doesn`t he start his new life getting a job in another country so he can not only learn about this world but also be part of it, well didn`t he got cheat skill he could try to get a big position later on.

Sure there are some rules so he have to be careful at first with his draws but is this really a impossible reason for him not to live in this country and if he becames say a duke who would cause problems for him over these matters.

What i saying i want a ambition person or a hard working person that refuses to be a fool letting other people rob him and get away, hinding in the woods because he doesn`t undestand this new world only makes his problem became worst.

Now i get he is in difficult situation but how the people that want to kill him for shitty reason, the loli that fucks with everybody with summons and shitty heroes will pay for there actions to make us readers satisfied if he just stay hunting. I don`t have a M personality lol.
Old 2016-04-18, 21:07   Link #28
jmcu17

Yeah, I prefer it if the MC actually took some actions to make the people who hurt him pay for their actions. Like, so what if that sword will never return to him? The hero stabbed MC in the back and stole it. The sword essentially betrayed its rightful master for another. And MC choose to balance out these treacheries with inaction, allowing the culprit of a great crime to live a wonderful life as a hero, unpunished. Look, at this point, who cares if MC will have the sword back or not. Kill the hero and let the sword be destroyed, and then let the Goddess worry about whether it was right or wrong.

But instead, he seems to be just running away from his troubles and pretend that he didn't just hit the jackpot with all those cheats he have. He has all the power to make his way in the world, and instead, he sounds like he's well on his way to becoming the world's most powerful hermit.

So either he has a severe case of depression or he's timid as heck. Neither traits are what I want to see in a MC because their actions are often annoying, if not utterly frustrating.
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 21:32   Link #29
Yoburi

Ah don`t even need to kill that trash just cut his dominant hand so he can`t use that sword anymore and make sure he won`t live a perfect life and i could call this even.

But guess from what jimcu17 is saying the dude can even became a king with his skills so why being so afraid and timid the dude went from janitor to homeless here.
Old 2016-04-19, 00:09   Link #30
obnuchious

who's the girl pointing her sword at MC? .. and what's the dialogues on that image?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 00:19   Link #31
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Usual question~~~
Old 2016-04-19, 07:15   Link #32
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
Yeah, I prefer it if the MC actually took some actions to make the people who hurt him pay for their actions. Like, so what if that sword will never return to him? The hero stabbed MC in the back and stole it. The sword essentially betrayed its rightful master for another. And MC choose to balance out these treacheries with inaction, allowing the culprit of a great crime to live a wonderful life as a hero, unpunished. Look, at this point, who cares if MC will have the sword back or not. Kill the hero and let the sword be destroyed, and then let the Goddess worry about whether it was right or wrong.

But instead, he seems to be just running away from his troubles and pretend that he didn't just hit the jackpot with all those cheats he have. He has all the power to make his way in the world, and instead, he sounds like he's well on his way to becoming the world's most powerful hermit.

So either he has a severe case of depression or he's timid as heck. Neither traits are what I want to see in a MC because their actions are often annoying, if not utterly frustrating.
Spoiler for Spoiler because wall of text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
who's the girl pointing her sword at MC? .. and what's the dialogues on that image?
She has stupidly long name, but she's a bird beastman that goes by Famf.
Spoiler for :

And Ruki, I already answered the questions.
Old 2016-04-19, 07:30   Link #33
Namorax

I wonder if the "sword" is a (phallic) symbol for something else?

And on another note: why do some people always proclaim a protagonist "a pussy" if he doesn't ravish everything female that didn't hide itself on the count of three...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 07:31   Link #34
Stinkt

Reading sasuke706 spoilers and jmcu17 complains, it seems that he wants the possible final arc of the novel in the first 10chs.

edit: ^^
Its more that some people (like me) prefer to read about a riajuu MC. Maybe trauma from all those beta shonen that had 10 girls following him and nothing ever happened.

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long • World Teacher • Arifureta • Legendary Moonlight Scupltor • Re:Monster • Suterareta Yuusha • Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan • Martial God Asura • Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi • Hisshou Dungeon • Risou no Himo Seikatsu • Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha • Nejimaki Seirei Senki • Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 09:31   Link #35
XeroFyction

Questions

Spoiler for story questions:

This is a web novel written from a 40 year old perspective through chapter 20 at least.
XeroFyction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 09:34   Link #36
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

Are there any yandere in the novel Onii-Sama and Onee-Sama~
Old 2016-04-19, 09:48   Link #37
sasuke706

^Not really. Well, in the hero's party there kind of is. None with the actual protagonist though.
Unless the protagonist himself eventually turns out to be yandere. That would be an unsurprising twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFyction View Post
Spoiler for story questions:
Spoiler for :

Also, Kurando is like 30.
Old 2016-04-19, 09:55   Link #38
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

How about the cat what its connection to the mc Sasuke Onee-Sama ^_^~
Old 2016-04-19, 10:05   Link #39
sasuke706

Yukishiro is a magic beast (monster?) that Kurando raised.
She currently serves as his partner and occasionally wilderness hunting mentor because Kurando started off completely shit at the whole hunting thing.
You could say she's the only consistent heroine...pet? Sometimes it feels more like Kurando is the pet, though.

For the record, she's not a love interest, she can't turn human, none of that crap.
Just his hunting companion. The protagonist isn't into bestiality...probably.
At least so far he's only shown interest in humanoid women.
Old 2016-04-19, 10:07   Link #40
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's even more similar to Kuroneko dude!
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy