AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-03, 17:07   Link #261
Skaddix

Eh it wasn't even Horde Mode. Mika and Ahkiro probably slaughter all those scrubs to be honest. The Dansliefs are what did them in.
Julietta aint even that great of pilot. She is what 4th best female pilot in the series. She has only fought Amida but Amida gave her the business despite Julietta having a far superior Mecha.
Mika has what an equivalent mecha and AV. And obviously he showed her up more then once.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 17:09   Link #262
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You're really good at missing the point of her presence there. It was to give her closure to her character arc and Mikazuki's. It wasn't about her "winning" (which she did, by merit of surviving).
Old 2017-04-03, 17:12   Link #263
Skaddix

It doesn't do anything for Mika.
Mika doesn't care about Julietta one way or another.
Nor was the rivalry particularly memorable considering it was Mika owning her all the time.
I agree if we are talking McGillis and Galieo.

Don't be obtuse you know what winning means in the context of an action show.
You could say she won if it was her plan to use the Dansliefs but that was all Rustal.
Rustal could have picked any pilot to stand around and wait for Mika to run out of gas in order to get the win.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:19   Link #264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hey, guess what. In a war, surviving on the winning side counts as winning. Julieta was on the winning side, and outlived Mikazuki. That means, she wins. Whether you like it or not. No amount of childish whining is going to change that outcome.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:21   Link #265
Skaddix

Now who is inserting words I said she didn't earn her win like Rustal.
Which objectively she didn't.
I never said she wasn't on the winning side obviously she was.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:24   Link #266
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd argue she did earn it, by surviving against Mikazuki. As we saw with the rest of her comrades, he could've decimated her just as easily. Despite having lost to him before, despite him going into full Gundam Frame output mode that was literally tearing her comrades apart, Julieta kept her cool and fended off his attacks against her, further damaged his machine, and ultimately managed to not get killed like a little bitch.

Ergo, she earned her win. Next debater, please! This one's done.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:26   Link #267
Skaddix

Ah right so plot armor got her another win.
Debate Done, Next One.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:53   Link #268
Skye629

Pointless argument guys, the end result is the same no matter what, and plot armor is in every fictional fight in history since its all scripted
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 18:14   Link #269
Muu094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
New Frame? It was just a repaired Reginlaze Julia. We knew from models that it had normal legs that are normally obscured in its space use mode.
Yeah Í didn't recognize it from the one used in space. Though the point was that Julieta was completely fresh when she entered the final battle and did not have to deal with Akihiro to boot.
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 18:20   Link #270
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Tekkadan had a particular way of fighting, they showed no quarter to the enemy. How many times did they just kill an enemy that was disabled or had surrendered?

You live by the sword you die by the sword.
Old 2017-04-03, 18:43   Link #271
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Debate Done, Next One.
This is a No True Scotman's fallacy.

"She didn't earn her win!"
"Actually, here's how she did."
"That doesn't count!"

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 19:37   Link #272
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Tekkadan had a particular way of fighting, they showed no quarter to the enemy. How many times did they just kill an enemy that was disabled or had surrendered?

Watch the battle against the Dawn Horizon group again.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 20:40   Link #273
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Tekkadan only executes people who have specifically stabbed them in the back (1st platoon guy, Earth branch guy, etc) or stabbed their allies to the back in the case of Jasper.

Other than that, they respect surrender signs like they did in the Dawn Horizon battle as John117 mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Debate Done, Next One.
A decent argument can be made for previous time but in this case it wasn't. She won because her side was stronger. From the beginning of the fight we knew this was the extreme likely outcome, and it didn't change unexpectedly.

Plot armor would have been something like Mikazuki soloing the entire Gjallahorn army there with his skeletal Barbatos and winning.

I would even go as far as saying that the plot armor went the other way since Mika and Akihiro were unlikely to survive that Deinsleif bombardment but the writers gave it to them to make sure they have a cool badass last moment.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-04-03 at 20:52.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 21:02   Link #274
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Tekkadan only executes people who have specifically stabbed them in the back (1st platoon guy, Earth branch guy, etc) or stabbed their allies to the back in the case of Jasper.
Killing Jasley is fine, but how about everyone else on his ship?
Old 2017-04-03, 21:16   Link #275
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Who gives a shit. Tekkadan was fueled in rage and the story made sure that the viewers also wanted Jesley dead with his lackeys who were also involved in his dirty work. Don't see the point of trying to bring it up to prove something.
Old 2017-04-03, 21:21   Link #276
Dark Wing

wow a lot of hurt feelings being tossed around there however I can't say I'm not surprised...

While I to don't really enjoy the ending I have to say it's been a while since gundam has done the bittersweet route. After all heroes don't always make it to the end of their story and sometimes evil dose indeed triumph.

Rustal however was at least smart enough to realize that if he had kept Gjallahorn the way it used to be it would've only been a matter of time until another person or group would rise up to topple the system. Which is why he made the reforms he did while his popularity was still high it'd save on later headaches.

Julieta despite what others may think really did earn happy ending through blood and determination and even she thought her victory against Mika was a hollow on.

Galieo really only cared about getting at Mcgillis so I doubt he we considered going back and taking his place as head of his family let alone run all of Gjallahorn.

Nobliss lets be honest he had to go no way peaceful world could last with that greedy fucker running loose and Ride of course had every right to be the one to pull the trigger on behalf of Orga who would've ordered it.

All and all while it wasn't too bad of an ending for the remains of Tekkadan but of course there is always room for improvments. Which is why can't wait to see what kinds of fan fictions pop up after all this.

Quote:
To be fair his men knew what they had gotten themselves into else they wouldn't have followed him other wise.
Old 2017-04-03, 22:56   Link #277
dragon1412

Quote:
and are they really free of all guilt ??? fact is, most of them, if not all, are aware of what Jasley are doing and actively following his order. They should be more than aware of eventual war with Tekkadan and they are prepared to slaughter Tekkdan should they win

P.S: Barbatos last moment is way too cool, I'm really tempted to get a 1/100 Barbatos Lupus Rex now, originally like the Lupus design much more than the Rex
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 23:09   Link #278
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
and are they really free of all guilt ??? fact is, most of them, if not all, are aware of what Jasley are doing and actively following his order. They should be more than aware of eventual war with Tekkadan and they are prepared to slaughter Tekkdan should they win

P.S: Barbatos last moment is way too cool, I'm really tempted to get a 1/100 Barbatos Lupus Rex now, originally like the Lupus design much more than the Rex
I wonder if Julia has the 1/100 version so we're able to recreate the last battle (with Barby holding Julia's head)..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 23:25   Link #279
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
If you do, get ready to paint the claws yourself. Bandai do not grant us the luxury of gold/yellow claws for any of the Rex kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
I wonder if Julia has the 1/100 version so we're able to recreate the last battle (with Barby holding Julia's head)..
The HG should be good enough.
Old 2017-04-03, 23:33   Link #280
tdx

LOL Julietta didn't even have to fight Mika, and all the times she did, he owned her bad, with the only thing keeping her alive being massive plot armor, so what earned win are we even talking about. It's like standing in the ring and finding out your opponent can't make it because he had a run-in with a grizzly on the way and has most of his bones broken atm. You win by default because you're standing in the ring and he's not but no one in their right mind will say you worked for that win or earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
What like 2-3 times? Thats about all we saw of it (the picture), and barely a mention of that title here and there at the start (and once at the end). Hardly shoving down our throats, especially considering how LITTLE screentime Kudelia had
If you consider the ratio of Kudelia's screentime to how often that pic was shown, you'll find that most of what little time she got and was in her office, the show obligatory zoomed in on the pic every friggin time. They weren't even subtle about it.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote