Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 20:21   Link #721
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
To his defense, I would assume nobody here likes this development, because we all know that Claire is the better character. We just want a change, since this was destined from the start on to be at least a threeway. Like I said before, it isn't over yet. And if you throw everything over board then deconstruct it a suitable way so that there is logic behind it.
There are.......some big opinionations (if that’s a word, it probably isn’t) here too. “We all know Claire is the better character”? Wow, that’s a pretty big assertion. One that we don’t agree on. Not saying Claire sucks mind you, but I very much have the opposite opinion.
Looking at how things actually started, there was no “destined” to be a three-way. It was very much set up to go either/or with the OTP route. In fact, I’d actually say Emilia being the destined girl was what it really started as.

I have nothing against Claire (just not a fan of her normal hairstyle ), and a harem ending is A-OK with me. But Emilia is clearly the main just as she’s intended to be, and whatever way this turns out she’s here to stay. Beyond that, I’m not at all against Claire having Hayato too.
Old 2018-07-19, 20:23   Link #722
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I like both, though you should have worded it better.
Old 2018-07-19, 20:53   Link #723
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

Emilia started as a cute, lovely character that was very supportive and going after the person she loves. I really liked her a lot.
But during the developtment of the series she started to be ultra jealous, extremely clingy, obnoxious, yandere, shrewd, etc.
"Yeah, let's just shot Hayato and Claire until both end up drowning in the lake"

Until that very point Hayato NEVER said: I'm going out with Emilia, she's my girlfriend, I don't want to be with nobody else but her". Heck, I can bet that until now he hasn't said anything like that. He's guilty of that too.

The premise of harem in this series was to attract people like me who likes that genre but the author/editor or whoever decided that in the end, it wasn't necessary and that it was better to just ship Emilia and Hayato but letting Hayato have "a little bit of fun here and there but nothing else with a couple of girls to keep the harem tag until their relationships are resolved".

It looks more like a triangle than a harem and triangles always die in the end.
Old 2018-07-20, 11:24   Link #724
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
This development IMO has no room for open ending because that would need to have Emilia and Hayato break up or have them die, as long as they live they'll be together.
Being in an official relationship Emilia has the right to be jealous and show she is his gf however she even knows that their cirmunstances(she and Claire) and feelings aren't that different. So far he(Hayato) is aware and himself is stopping/avoiding scenes of showing off in front Claire showing concience regarding her feelings, their insecurities makes them flawed and more appealing for me. Also the illusion served a purpose, that pain she felt during the illusion is what Claire feels when she sees them together.
Then why not use this as development for Emilia. We all know that as long as all parts of the triangle alive ( we might can exclude Hayato out of this equation) there won't be final conclusion, no one will back down. Even if Emilia is the sole survivor regarding a relationship, why should Claire stop here feelings and go on. This isn't a story like Kokoro Connect where they dissolved the triangle for the OTP. Why not take this and go the logical route. That's what I'm hoping for.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:00   Link #725
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I feel like some of you are thoroughly mistaken about what kind of novel Hundred is. This isn't shinmai, even though it shares the same artist. Don't expect explicit sex and procreation, this isn't that kind of series.
I think that Ookuma's art with Shinmai misled some of us into thinking this would be another true harem series. Now that the OTP has come out, a lot of the development around Claire and Sakura feels like wasted time and plot padding to us.

If it was going to be OTP from the beginning, then the author could have made it clearer from the start but this late in the game, a lot of people got invested in Claire and as fans they're not happy.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:16   Link #726
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
There are many harem series that have OTP endings. Hundred didn’t promise a true harem ending any more than any of those. In fact, as I said earlier it felt a lot more like Emilia was the destined girl.

That said, a harem ending with Emilia as main wife still isn’t out of the question.
Old 2018-07-20, 23:16   Link #727
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
It did from the beginning tho?

Rare occasion where I agree with Shinji (regarding second part)
Old 2018-07-20, 23:24   Link #728
RED IV

So does anyone have any real spoilers for latest volume?
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 13:30   Link #729
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Sure, my main exposure to this series is the anime. However, I am a Claire shipper. It is possible to have the lead male guy end with the 2nd female lead (Claire) instead of the female lead (Emilia). For such an ending to be decent, there would have to be enough Hayato/Claire moments prior to the final volume. If Hayato does break up with Emilia, it would have to be written in a way that isn't repeating a NaruHina-type scenario.
Old 2018-07-24, 13:42   Link #730
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED IV View Post
So does anyone have any real spoilers for latest volume?
I posted those further up.
Old 2018-07-24, 16:44   Link #731
RED IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I posted those further up.
Saw it thanks
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 12:32   Link #732
dragon213

I know I've asked this before but I've never gotten an answer, how many girls has kissed hayato on the lips, only Emilia and Claire or anyone else?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 22:50   Link #733
Taekan

I'm quite behind the latest volume, but up to volume 10, only those 2 girls have kissed Hayato on the lips.
Old 2018-07-27, 23:08   Link #734
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekan View Post
I'm quite behind the latest volume, but up to volume 10, only those 2 girls have kissed Hayato on the lips.
ok, thanks
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 09:31   Link #735
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

New novel by the author of Hundred that will be on sale on September 14-

name .. Denno Senki Angel Force

Spoiler for Denno Senki Angel Force:

Kirito and Eugeo lol
Spoiler for Illustration # 1:

Gender Bender??
Spoiler for Illustration # 2:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 18:15   Link #736
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoe View Post
Gender Bender??
The real question is, will it have yuri?
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 16:43   Link #737
Taekan

About the new novel:
MC says "why do I look like this?", which tells me that it is a gender-bender series... Ugh, not my taste.

About Hundred, I'm reading volume 10 and very interesting things happen in it.
It's in this volume that Hayato starts to address Claire as Claire-senpai since she asked for it.
That would explain that the scene in vol. 15 is an illusion of Emilia, since Claire is saying to him to not call her as president, but by her name. And he addresses her without honorifics.

my engurishu is so broken xd
Old 2018-08-30, 10:33   Link #738
AP24

Vol 16's title is "Catch the Future". It does sound like it's the final volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 19:09   Link #739
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I wonder. But it might not be the case.
Old 2018-08-30, 20:31   Link #740
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Wasn't it already announced in the last afterword that it is the last volume. If things haven't changed what i guess is still the case then it should be the final one.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, harem bait, no harem, otp