AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 05:51   Link #54101
Eratas123

It depends on whether you want a kitchen sink of fantasy or not. There's a new anime now that parodies the concept of throwing everything in: The main guy moves into his room and then the ghost of the old girl living there demands he GTFO. Reasonable by anime standards, but then a magical girl comes in and says the room is full of mana that will be used by evil magical girls. After that a girl whose people lived underground claims the room used to be a shrine and that she wants to use it as a base for world domination. And after that an alien princess says that by sheer chance her trial to adulthood is, you guessed it, taking the room for her own.

It makes absolutely no sense that all these things are combined but the sheer audacity of it keeps it from falling apart, despite what you might think. Same goes for the world where there's a mad scientist, pragmatic organizations, would-be world conquerors, greedy moguls and the protagonists are the ones using it for image change and public appeals in concerts. My old story Future Imperfect had a mad biologist, clone, super-soldier wannabe and a three your old in the same room and no one really commented on it.
Old 2014-07-23, 05:55   Link #54102
coco6561

Do you know the name of that anime?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 05:58   Link #54103
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's because I don't really see the link between idol work and willpower. As far as I know, idol work is highly draining of willpower, even the manager might faint due to overwork, and they do nothing but line up the next day. Idols actually have to go through the stuff.

I believe I also stated it was my personal peeve. I doubt the skepticism of one can trump the enthusiasm of many.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 06:19   Link #54104
Eratas123

Coco - Rokujouma no Shinryakusha.

Demi - Depends on how you define willpower. Willpower in some definitions is one willingness to do things that one considers difficult or one's ability to resist something's corrupting or tempting influence. By that logic resisting the urge to go powerhungry over simply using the powers to give people a couple of hours of enjoyment seems to take a lot of willpower.

It's like holding a genie lamp. I know we were all kids at one point who said we'd wish for world peace but if that ever came to pass would we wish for it or would we wish instead for a palace full of crap we like?
Old 2014-07-23, 09:39   Link #54105
coco6561

Eratas I love the new anime you showed me. Now if only Ichika could be like that guy in the show, then he'd be way more interesting.
Old 2014-07-23, 09:54   Link #54106
demino_hellsin
That one guy

for some reason the conversation about diol to infinite stratos relation got me thinking again about how much the infinite stratos is under-utilized. Or maybe more like misused.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 10:00   Link #54107
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
for some reason the conversation about diol to infinite stratos relation got me thinking again about how much the infinite stratos is under-utilized. Or maybe more like misused.

Misused? How so?
Old 2014-07-23, 10:32   Link #54108
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The Wings of Iscariot were now Chimera's. Hounds of War were caged, and the end of the chain was put on Bellerophon's palm.

In short, from a space exploration tool to WMD to teenage girls' plaything.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 18:50   Link #54109
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It's because I don't really see the link between idol work and willpower. As far as I know, idol work is highly draining of willpower, even the manager might faint due to overwork, and they do nothing but line up the next day. Idols actually have to go through the stuff.

I believe I also stated it was my personal peeve. I doubt the skepticism of one can trump the enthusiasm of many.
Thats because its not the definition of Willpower, with a capital W. Its a name that describes how the IS turns the pilots intentions (will) into a tangible effect (power).

But I know that once you start explaining things, they lose their awesomeness and im not awesome enough to avoid that.

Thats why I would prefer to leave it as a footnote that pops up here and there.
Old 2014-07-24, 07:36   Link #54110
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco6561 View Post
Anyone have tips for how to write the beginning of a chapter in Infinite Stratos. I find I have the most trouble with finding a good way to start my chapters.

EX. say it's early morning.
What I do is (and I'm not kidding) put myself in a closet with no stimuli and let my mind roam free until I have a half decent idea. Then in the following week, flesh it out with stimuli that is related to IS. It's crazy, but effective.
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 07:52   Link #54111
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
What I do is (and I'm not kidding) put myself in a closet with no stimuli and let my mind roam free until I have a half decent idea. Then in the following week, flesh it out with stimuli that is related to IS. It's crazy, but effective.
Kinda weird but I guess I'll try it. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 2014-07-24, 07:58   Link #54112
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Kinda weird but I guess I'll try it. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Also, it helps to have watched maybe an episode of the anime, or a manga chapter, or LN chapter before you try my method.
Old 2014-07-24, 09:01   Link #54113
coco6561

I think I have an idea. I'll explain the plot later but I need to think of a nightmare for Laura. Not scary nightmare. More like shocking nightmare.
Old 2014-07-24, 13:44   Link #54114
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
I think I have an idea. I'll explain the plot later but I need to think of a nightmare for Laura. Not scary nightmare. More like shocking nightmare.
Ah. Also,if you're even slightly afraid of the dark or claustrophobic, your ideas may be dark. For people with ADD or ADHD ( I have a minor case of ADD myself) its easier to create whatever situation I want in my head, or get ideas.
Old 2014-07-24, 15:13   Link #54115
coco6561

How does this sound for a Laura nightmare? In her dreams Ichika gets a divorce from Laura.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:21   Link #54116
DarkJak2050

And then Laura would kill Ichika so that no other girl would have him...

If she can't have him, then no one can.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 19:40   Link #54117
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
And then Laura would kill Ichika so that no other girl would have him...

If she can't have him, then no one can.
I don't think she would kill him. Hurt yes, kill no. If she killed Ichika the instructor would never forgive her.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:42   Link #54118
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
I don't think she would kill him. Hurt yes, kill no. If she killed Ichika the instructor would never forgive her.
Correction: either way, dead Ichika or not, Laura would be found dead with 2 Uchigane swords stuck in her, attaching her to her bed.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:49   Link #54119
coco6561

well that would be one nightmare

if each girl had a nightmare what would it be?
Old 2014-07-24, 22:14   Link #54120
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
well that would be one nightmare

if each girl had a nightmare what would it be?
Cecilia's would probably be losing Ichika in a train crash

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest