AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 50 51.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 33.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-12, 14:23   Link #241
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Wasn't Galaxy supposed to have been wiped out by the Vajra or some such thing?
Supposedly, yes. There however is no evidence of such a thing happening, and what actually happened is in doubt at this point.

Quote:
So it could be possible that the Vajra have an immense fleet and some kind of battleship. All that they've really show us from the Vajra is a Mothership and several Destroyer-like vessels. It feels like there should be a larger more combat-capable vessel in their fleet.
That's fairly standard procedure for villian races. They're bad news when they're first introduced, but get noticeably weaker and in greater numbers as they make more and more appearances. Considering how they couldn't stop a pair of Victors from breaching Island One (outran VF-25s w/ fastpacks), hundreds of them should pretty much have free rain of any battlefield, unless they're on the defensive.
Old 2008-07-12, 14:29   Link #242
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That leaves two questions:
- who coupled with whom?
- are you sure the remaining 25% are human? Maybe she's part hydra, and that beast wanted to court her, rather than eat her.
She's got to have at least 1/16th Space Whale... that explains the glowing!!!

Quote:

So it could be possible that the Vajra have an immense fleet and some kind of battleship. All that they've really show us from the Vajra is a Mothership and several Destroyer-like vessels. It feels like there should be a larger more combat-capable vessel in their fleet.
I'm sure we haven't seen the Vajra bring out their big guns yet. Although, the fate of Galaxy is still a big question mark...
Old 2008-07-12, 14:30   Link #243
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The ep was decent, i can see what the show is trying to setup song/resolution related wise .. i'm sure everyone else sees it too.

GOOOOOOOO Diamond Force! :3 if only they were painted black it would have been even more awesome. The M7 fans know what i'm talking about.

Seriously Luca put on guns on those drones and set them to "defend me". If this whole experience of him getting constantly losing/shot at helps make his character grow up I'll be shocked and Awed.

The grace in the shell tag is awesome btw .
Old 2008-07-12, 14:32   Link #244
ipernorris

Quote:
At the end of the episode the bad guys seemed the humantradis btw: I mean they annihilated so happiliy...
I hope the Vajra have some kind of Death Star, as I was saying before, otherwise they're done for.
Old 2008-07-12, 15:13   Link #245
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

One thing is for certain. Ranka is being molded into a goddess figure. She'd be singing the songs of peace sooner or later.

As for the Vajra, I would not be so hasty as to put judgment on them any time soon. After all, we still don't know much about them, and they are pretty free to show up whenever they see fit. Although I suspect Grace and other associated personnel would know more, but I doubt they would know everything.

And I doubt the mothership is the biggest Vajra ship present, but we will see what happens in the later episodes. After all, the spoiler for 18 did indicate that Frontier is suffering from hardships due to relentless Vajra attacks. So Vajra siege tactics seem to be working.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-12, 15:50   Link #246
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She's got to have at least 1/16th Space Whale... that explains the glowing!!!
So would being part firefly. Or part Vajra, for that matter.
Old 2008-07-12, 16:42   Link #247
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So would being part firefly. Or part Vajra, for that matter.
Yeh, you're probably right. Speaking of space whales, though... once the Vajra learn to sing, a RankaXVajra rendition of Angel Voice would be... godly...

Even better when it got remixed into this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3SJItECuwA

Last edited by stray; 2008-07-12 at 16:58.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:01   Link #248
Tabris

Whoever did the "reaction suppository", I love you.

As much as I enjoy Luca, he better buck up soon, or at least use his drones effectively in combat. We only saw them do a little bit in episode 7, hopefully he'll actually use them well in the future.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:13   Link #249
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Outstanding episode. Emotion, plot, and action. I truly do not know which way this is going, except that Alto loves Ranka more than he loves Sheryl.
If you're basing that on his rescue attempt than the real triangle is Alto, Ranka and Luca.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:15   Link #250
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'll further note that he didn't wait - or ask - for permission to rescue Luca.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:18   Link #251
Tabris

AltoxLuca it is then.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:20   Link #252
Westlo
Lets be reality

Time to draw up a relationship chart with Alto, Luca, Nanase, Ranka and Brera! Since Nanase might like Luca it now makes sense why she's so eager to get Ranka together with Alto so she can rid herself of her main competition for luca's affections!!
Old 2008-07-12, 19:31   Link #253
cerrian

It sounds like we got a new background music piece this episode, in the opening scenes where everyone is fleeing the dimensional eater. It's a nice cello piece....at least I think it is a cello .

edit - actually I think there's 2 new pieces. The 2nd is when the Quarter undergoes its transformation.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:33   Link #254
Tak

I also just realized one thing...

They all have mother issues.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:36   Link #255
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
AltoxLuca it is then.
Oh goodness gracious.

If there's one thing worse imo, than a loli complex, its a yaoi pedo complex.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-12, 19:40   Link #256
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

If there's one thing worse imo, than a loli complex, its a yaoi pedo complex.
Perhaps, but to fangirls, its their wet dream come true.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-12, 20:15   Link #257
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Perhaps, but to fangirls, its their wet dream come true.

- Tak

Oh please no, I'll take the yaoi but no yaoi pedo please

@Westlo: He's loli I'm telling you.
Old 2008-07-12, 20:28   Link #258
Wesley84

^ People accuse Ranka of appealing to the lolita-complex, but Luca's definiently designed for shotacons, complete with a big-breasted, womanly love interest.

I actually expect a big backlash against Ranka. It's a Cinderalla story afterall. Midnight will come, and it'll probably have pitchforks, flaming torches, and alot of finger pointing accompanying it. Since, you know, the people of Frontier are obviously hate mongers and sheeple.

Sheryl being poisoned and forgotten won't compare at all to the shock of being adored by all to becoming public enemy number 1.
Old 2008-07-12, 20:46   Link #259
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
^ People accuse Ranka of appealing to the lolita-complex, but Luca's definiently designed for shotacons, complete with a big-breasted, womanly love interest.
Oh, so you call that "shota"? Then what I wanted to say to Westlo was:

@Westlo: He's loli and shota I'm telling you.

Old 2008-07-12, 21:44   Link #260
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yeah, and that's why I dislike the NanaseXLuca pairing just as much as the AltoXRanka one. Though maybe my enormous dislike for both Nanase and Luca also plays a factor too. Hmmm....I'd hate AltoXLuca just as much too.