AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 14:28   Link #121
enxel
>_<

I wonder why all the activity in this forum has stopped if the preliminaries of saimoe haven't started yet, or is it because the preliminaries haven't started yet?
Old 2009-06-26, 17:28   Link #122
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by enxel View Post
I wonder why all the activity in this forum has stopped if the preliminaries of saimoe haven't started yet, or is it because the preliminaries haven't started yet?
All activity hasn't stopped. It's just that there won't be anything to post about until the preliminaries start.
Old 2009-06-26, 18:42   Link #123
OverFunk
It will never be the year

There's still the extra nomination period, but it's not interesting to follow at all. Let's leave it to 2ch to nominate background characters then.

First preliminary is due July 5th. That's when the mass killing of innocent girls starts.

Never forget
Old 2009-06-26, 19:24   Link #124
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yes, there shall be much wailing and gnashing of teeth once the preliminaries start...

Since we have nothing else to talk about, is anyone interested in rushing once those start, and have any time in mind? Templates is just a matter of cleaning out the old rush posts and putting in new ascii art as needed. Here's tod's old rush instructions.
Old 2009-06-26, 21:16   Link #125
chaosprophet

Unn it seems there are extra ones nominations for A - S group on the day it was supposed to be a break...
Old 2009-06-26, 22:01   Link #126
enxel
>_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
All activity hasn't stopped. It's just that there won't be anything to post about until the preliminaries start.
Good too know! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
There's still the extra nomination period, but it's not interesting to follow at all. Let's leave it to 2ch to nominate background characters then.

First preliminary is due July 5th. That's when the mass killing of innocent girls starts.
Hahahaha, I'l be waiting for those days then
Old 2009-06-26, 23:39   Link #127
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Yes, there shall be much wailing and gnashing of teeth once the preliminaries start...

Since we have nothing else to talk about, is anyone interested in rushing once those start, and have any time in mind? Templates is just a matter of cleaning out the old rush posts and putting in new ascii art as needed. Here's tod's old rush instructions.
But rushing probably annoys the hell out of the staff up at 2ch. What's the point to overload someone's server? It's like trolling, as in it's annoying.
Old 2009-06-27, 00:12   Link #128
OverFunk

Not for Saimoe it isn't. It's more like a tradition. One of the many things that makes it more flavorful than a simple poll.

Never forget
Old 2009-06-27, 00:58   Link #129
Team Rocket Elite

How far are we with getting the series and character names translated?
Old 2009-06-27, 01:03   Link #130
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Oh, that's elections day here in Mexico. I'll be sure to be up early that day.
Old 2009-06-27, 16:57   Link #131
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Oh cool, didn't know the thread started already...

I bet Konata will be thrilled by the fact that she's in the same tournament as her idol Haruhi

Ah man, I was hoping Achakura Ryouko and Askura Ryouko can count as two different characters?

Why do get the feeling that Mio's title/nickname is gonna be "MOE MOE KYUN"

Btw, how did Kimikiss get into it this year? don't tell me it was via the "extra" episode?

禁則事項です
Old 2009-06-27, 17:31   Link #132
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
How far are we with getting the series and character names translated?
Not very far. The name translator who's fluent in Japanese and English from Saimoe '07 and '08 has life to deal with, so we're making do with the few who are willing to help out, with a combination of JP and EN Wikipedia, Google, fandom, and sheer willpower.

Quote:
Ah man, I was hoping Achakura Ryouko and Askura Ryouko can count as two different characters?
Yeah, Asakura and Achakura are two different entries.
Old 2009-06-27, 18:49   Link #133
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Not very far. The name translator who's fluent in Japanese and English from Saimoe '07 and '08 has life to deal with, so we're making do with the few who are willing to help out, with a combination of JP and EN Wikipedia, Google, fandom, and sheer willpower.
And God help you when you come across a character whose "name" has to take the form of a sentence. Where is this list in progress, anyway? If the OP linked to a wiki-style list, the hivemind would get through it eventually.
Old 2009-06-28, 01:21   Link #134
CCYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
And God help you when you come across a character whose "name" has to take the form of a sentence. Where is this list in progress, anyway? If the OP linked to a wiki-style list, the hivemind would get through it eventually.
I second this request, I have a bit of free time and absolutely no Japanese skill to help with... but I do have Google! And that solves a lot of things.

Also, I recommend the Rikaichan plugin for Firefox for quick in-browser translating. You can hover over Japanese terms and it'll provide the English translation; it doesn't do sentences though, but its database for names is really ace. It helps for providing quick hints or tips in the right direction. Maybe it's useful. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Btw, how did Kimikiss get into it this year? don't tell me it was via the "extra" episode?
Yeah, it was. Only one character was pre-nominated (Kuryou), but thanks to fanatics like me who are going to be running around waving the Yuumi and Eriko banners for the next week or so, we've got a large portion of the cast in prelims now.

Old 2009-06-28, 01:56   Link #135
Kudryavka

Well, we translated a few series and characters, scattered about the thread. I'll archive what we have so far:
Spoiler for series::

Spoiler for characters that made it in from nominations:
Old 2009-06-28, 13:47   Link #136
Shini
Shana is love.

I usually don't go on AS much, but the saimoe thread I made @ MAL a while back died within a matter of hours, so I might come here more often.

I translated a few of the ??? ones, if it helps -
Spoiler for just a few:
Old 2009-06-28, 15:42   Link #137
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:

Three days after Umineko no Naku Koro ni airs? Hmm...

...and I still can't get a code after moving locations for the summer. No matter though, love will find a way.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:07   Link #138
OverFunk

Sometimes I can get a code, and sometimes I get the proxy error. Really annoying.

Never forget
Old 2009-06-28, 16:18   Link #139
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Turning off DMZ made it work last year.
Old 2009-06-28, 22:19   Link #140
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
I usually don't go on AS much, but the saimoe thread I made @ MAL a while back died within a matter of hours, so I might come here more often.

I translated a few of the ??? ones, if it helps -
Anything helps!

I'm sorry I haven't translated anything else for some time but I'm quite busy right now... will get back to it later...

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe