Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 01:35   Link #1061
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

A little late to this show:

Episode 1:

Really like the slow, deliberate pacing accompanied by the soothing soundtrack. The girls all look good and seem interesting (the boobs were a surprise... and nicely drawn too... *cough*)

I'm intrigued by the twins' past, and the things they might have done before...

Lonely maid segment at the end was amazing.... *wipes drool*

On to episode 2! (it's nice to have a chunk of episodes to watch at a time)

Episode 2:

Damn, false alarm. Should have paid more attention to Sora's words. The second episode's just as good as the first one, managing to keep me interested despite barely anything happening. Kazu and Akira's story seems interesting; Akira's genki girl personality wasn't very entertaining, but you have to admire her for holding herself together, plus, it could just be an act. Nice ojou service scene .

Supermaid Motoka is awesome! She deserves her own show!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-04 at 04:02. Reason: please don't double post
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 02:17   Link #1062
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is there any likelihood that the ending insanity would... uh... change or something? I'm all for the funnier shift especially considering the rather depressing situation of Akira,but it does take away from the overall atmosphere of the show sometimes...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 02:45   Link #1063
ShiroiRyu

Hey ... I have a question : IsisCon give a Insert Song from Yosuga no Sora ...
But it's not about this song i want to know ... But why i have a song about Airman (from Rockman) with that ? XD
In all of the insert song of Yosuga no Sora, i will hope to have something like that ?
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 03:59   Link #1064
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Episode 3:

Woah, he moves fast! Quite vivid portrayal of a kiss too, unlike a lot of shows. Although.... last time I watched a show like this, someone ended up without a head. Well, Haru seems like a decent guy, so I hope this show doesn't go there.

Have to say, very natural portrayal of how they ended up at that kiss, though, it didn't feel forced at all. I also like what they revealed of Akira - seems she's smarter than she lets on, and her happy facade is how she chooses to face life.

Motoka!
Old 2010-11-04, 04:01   Link #1065
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
It's anime original but most of the anime's BGM are just "remix versions" of the eroge's BGM.
To further this point, there are two OSTs that are going to be released for this show: One called "Arrange" and one called "New". (They're going to be released with Blu-Ray volumes 1 & 3 respectively.) They do have a new secondary BGM artist listed for the anime, but the original game composer is working on it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Is there any likelihood that the ending insanity would... uh... change or something? I'm all for the funnier shift especially considering the rather depressing situation of Akira,but it does take away from the overall atmosphere of the show sometimes...
I imagine it'll be there for the rest of the show, but you can always skip it if you want and just stop viewing after the first credits roll (maybe skip to the last 30 seconds for the preview).
Old 2010-11-04, 04:36   Link #1066
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Episode 4:

That kiss.... I'm not entirely sure that was just Akira proving her point. Also, the wide eyes were a little creepy.

Ah, okay crisis averted, suspicions unfounded. I think I cried a little at the reunion.

........ Okay, did not expect that. They actually air this?

!!! I had no idea this show is using a format like Amagami, I actually thought since they got together so quickly, it was going to turn bad at some point

This is better than Amagami though, more intimacy between the leads, better drama, flow and storytelling, with all the crap cut out of it. Awesome ending.
Old 2010-11-04, 04:51   Link #1067
Seiryuu

I think Akira is presently my favorite character. But then I always like that type of character who's bright and cheerful and energetic but hides a deep pain.
It surprised me, though, just how shy and restrained she is.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 05:27   Link #1068
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Episode 5:

Ah, Akira's turn. I almost cried again. This show is really well done.

...or maybe that was due to Motoka in a swimsuit
Old 2010-11-04, 07:44   Link #1069
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Becoz poking a B cup isn't as exciting and arousing as poking a D cup?

Well that's the general idea basically... ppl just love bigger and adult like shape than a middle school level shape.
Maybe they had to censor something to up the BD/DVD sales??

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To further this point, there are two OSTs that are going to be released for this show: One called "Arrange" and one called "New". (They're going to be released with Blu-Ray volumes 1 & 3 respectively.) They do have a new secondary BGM artist listed for the anime, but the original game composer is working on it as well.
Kind of like the F/SN anime, some of the BGM is taken from the VN then remixed and stuff. I wish I had more points of reference, but that's the only VN to anime I have seen, so yeah.

I am loving the BGM right now though. The violin (I think that's what it is) reminds me of True Tears so much and I love, absolutely love, that series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Episode 5:

Ah, Akira's turn. I almost cried again. This show is really well done.

...or maybe that was due to Motoka in a swimsuit
Yes...that swimsuit was godly. I don't know when, but I have developed a swimsuit fetish and it's not because of anime either.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:06   Link #1070
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Akira's FAR more lovable than Kazuha was. She SO much reminds me of Minori(Toradora), mainly because of the 'Akira in bloomers w/a deck brush holding her cat like a gun' pic in the ending and her playing with the hose while the class was cleaning in ep 2. Honestly, while I definitely enjoyed the Haruka/Kazuha arc, I didn't like the way Haru 'fell' for Kazuha so abruptly. It felt forced, as if Haru suddenly 'decided' to go after and fall for Kazuha. With Akira, it feels more genuine and natural, not only because he had a previous encounter with her during their childhood(that CERTAINLY helps), but also because of their previous interactions, like that awesome hand-shake in episode 3. Plus, she's just a more lovable character(my favorite right next to Sora so far).

Big-head Akira was kinda scary with her eyes always jerking around in Motoka's part .

I LOVE the music myself as well, particularly the one in episode 1 where Sora's in the chair slowing spinning around while remembering her and Haru kissing(and the various variations of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well in exchange they actually showed them doing the deed with kazuha while they didn't with Akira
WHOA wait, Haru didn't do anything to Akira in the bath did he? I was under the impression that they did nothing but kiss, maybe some fondling, but not sex =0\.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-11-04 at 11:38. Reason: reworded for a little more clarity
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 11:52   Link #1071
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

WHOA wait, Haru didn't do anything to Akira in the bath did he? I was under the impression that they did nothing but kiss, maybe some fondling, but not sex =0\.

I agree. Seems a bit advanced for first-timers.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:33   Link #1072
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
They left that up to the viewer it would seem. But they do do something again (I won't rule that out, lol) we can judge from their nervousness and such whether or not they did it in the bath. Maybe.
Old 2010-11-04, 14:20   Link #1073
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

For what it's worth, i don't think it even matters that much whether they went all the way in the bath or not. Their relationship dynamics or where they stand in their relationship isn't really affected the way i see it - the intent is there, as is interest from both sides - if they didn't do it in the bath, they will the next time mood is right, and likely sooner than later. The way i see it, a sex scene would normally affirm the level a relationship stands on in terms of psychical intimacy, and it's a quite rare level to reach in anime indeed (So it's easy to see why people would be excited about it). Given how things progressed in the bath though, their relationship is on that level regardless of whether they passed out before or after the deed. It's at a point where the threshold was breached regardless; only way that relationship is going to progress is forward, not backwards. My personal take is that they did it more likely than not. Do i think either way changes how their relationship should be looked at ? Not really
Old 2010-11-04, 16:18   Link #1074
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good points from Skyfall. As for "physical intimacy," that is something the scene conveyed to me brilliantly, whatever they ended up doing in the bath. There was just a feeling of openness and full contact. Physical and emotional intimacy well and economically portrayed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 19:41   Link #1075
wingman32x

Watched episodes 3-5. I really liked Kazuha's story. The scene at the shrine where the dad pats Akira on the head was great. I liked how they handled that part of Kazuha's character. The sex scene was kind of surprising, but there was enough development between the two beforehand to kind of justify it. It wasn't random sex, that's for sure. Akira's story got off to a good start. Can't wait to see her mother.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 20:01   Link #1076
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I wonder if i'm the only one who dislikes the fact they moved so damn quickly to having sex already, haha. I mean, they just really spent a day together and already? I didn't like it. At least there was development for Kazuha (<3), but for Akira, nnnn. Akira is just ok in my opinion. Kazuha remains my favorite for now along with Sora <3
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 20:07   Link #1077
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I wonder if i'm the only one who dislikes the fact they moved so damn quickly to having sex already, haha. I mean, they just really spent a day together and already? I didn't like it. At least there was development for Kazuha (<3), but for Akira, nnnn. Akira is just ok in my opinion. Kazuha remains my favorite for now along with Sora <3
Well... Haru and Akira were basically childhood friends, Akira (probably) loved Haru, but it was a one-sided love. Hoping that he would remember her when they met again (remember in the 1st episode where Akira was surprised, and extremely happy that Haru was back?) the fact that he remembered her, and the fact that he is determined to get Akira to be happy by finding her mother's necklace just got her in love with Haru again very quickly. Don't know much about Haru to tell how he felt..
Old 2010-11-04, 20:07   Link #1078
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I agree about Akira's bath scene. That seemed too sudden. I know that they have history together and Haru looked for the pendant, but I had a hard time believing they were THAT far along in their relationship.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 20:15   Link #1079
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I agree about Akira's bath scene. That seemed too sudden. I know that they have history together and Haru looked for the pendant, but I had a hard time believing they were THAT far along in their relationship.
You have to remember that a bit of time passed in the first two episodes, so it wasn't like he'd only been back there a few days before that. The main thing is that Akira loved Haruka, she made a bold move, and he reciprocated.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 20:24   Link #1080
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
You have to remember that a bit of time passed in the first two episodes, so it wasn't like he'd only been back there a few days before that. The main thing is that Akira loved Haruka, she made a bold move, and he reciprocated.
Plus he would have to be gay to refuse. We know he likes her and that's all it would take for a guy to go with the flow in a situation like that. I don't think he loves her like she does him, but it will happen in time.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation