AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-05, 07:41   Link #1001
Nyura Kousen
can't sleep ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukito View Post
But who is the extra person then? My guess would be Nanjo, as there were some hints in EP3 for him not being there even when we could see him. Also his death in EP3 was a bit too strange. Unfortunately we have many red truths about Nanjo that contradict with him not being on Rokkenjima. But what if, and this is where I try to desperately save my theory from falling to pieces (), what if there is someone else called Nanjo among the 16 people? After all, we still don't know Kanon's real name or Shannon's family name. Yeah, I guess that's a bit too far fetched.
In my opinion, there's no need to remove another person. Because there are 17 in the island, yes, but I think Battler is a player.
Nyura Kousen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:40   Link #1002
yukito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyura Kousen View Post
In my opinion, there's no need to remove another person. Because there are 17 in the island, yes, but I think Battler is a player.
Meta-Battler is a player, but the Battler on Rokkenjima must be a piece. In fact I think Battler must be the white queen (), because defeating him (making him believe) is the condition for winning.
yukito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:46   Link #1003
metronome
Mad Loli

Hardly wait for the release of Ep 5
How long should we wait?
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:52   Link #1004
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukito View Post
In fact I think Battler must be the white queen (), because defeating him (making him believe) is the condition for winning.
You mean white king, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Hardly wait for the release of Ep 5
How long should we wait?
It will be launched on the next Comiket, 15th of august.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:57   Link #1005
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
It will be launched on the next Comiket, 15th of august.
10 days more! goodness. it feels long, especially during summer. (damn my summer courses:P)
Old 2009-08-05, 11:34   Link #1006
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the 17 people are considered chess pieces, than one of them is the black king (culprit) while the rest are Battler's white pieces.

Unless we and Battler have it wrong. In which case, perhaps some of the 17 are black pieces and some are white pieces and the Meta characters fill in the remaining gaps in each side, with Beatrice and Meta-Battler as the players...unless the players are actually Bern and Lambda.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:36   Link #1007
Keriaku
Thought Being

I personally think we will keep having less people than we think until they actually say exactly how many people we have in red.
Since there must be a reason they keep insisting on having <X people.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 11:59   Link #1008
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

in my opinion it's just because dead people do not count as people.

If you think about it, considering that in ep1 the identity of every unidentified corpse is confirmed, then that body in the boiler room is definitely Kinzo. It is also said that there are no body doubles. So if we make a sum of people alive and people dead we get 18 which is denied by the red truth that states there's 17 or less people.

That means dead people do not count on the limit, and that also means that everytime someone dies the number of people on the island decreases. For that reason it is impossible for Beatrice to say that there are "X" people on the island in every game, because the exact number is variable.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:04   Link #1009
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Even better, once somebody dies, additional people could come from outside the island and fill in the gaps, like our supposed shipwreck victim. There could be all kinds of extra people as long as the hard limit of 17 living humans isn't exceeded at any given moment. In the worst case, somebody could get sniped from offshore during the first twilight and a special ops team could land or something.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:17   Link #1010
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
unless the players are actually Bern and Lambda.
I thought that's how it was after episode 4. Beato doesn't really want to win, and in fact, she's being used by Lambda. Battler is also being used by Bern, somehow. I guess if we're going by chess pieces, both of them would be the black and white kings respectively.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:28   Link #1011
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

This may be stupid. But I remember reading about different ways to play Chess.

Quote:
Armageddon: a single game guaranteed to produce a result, because Black has draw odds (that is, for Black, a draw is equal to a victory). To compensate, White has more time on the clock.
If it really is Lambda and Bern playing against each other, then it would make sense for Lambda to be on the black side since she wishes for an eternal draw. Though, the "single game" and "What has more time" parts are a little hard for me to explain.

Unless the rule translates to:
Bernkastel can affect the game board using outside sources.
Lambdadelta is limited to affecting the game board only inside of the game board.

This might explain how Bernkastel gets Ange into the game... but once again, I'm probably way off.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:33   Link #1012
yukito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
You mean white king, no?
Haha, what was I thinking.
yukito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 18:57   Link #1013
Graskell
invisible man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0IqPjNXaY

Preview for ep5's motion graphic. No don't ask me how this is even possible, I'm still wondering that myself. Probably my one of my favorite songs out of the series if this clip is anything to go by.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:59   Link #1014
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0IqPjNXaY

Preview for ep5's motion graphic. No don't ask me how this is even possible, I'm still wondering that myself. Probably my one of my favorite songs out of the series if this clip is anything to go by.
This motion graphic is just the first four molded into one with new art. No EP 5 spoilers and what not - considering they're releasing this at C76, where EP 5 will also be released, it's impossible for them to make it so fast.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:31   Link #1015
gtr06
Golden Watch

Chess has 16 pieces, there should only truly be 16 people on the island.
Should we guess who's playing double?
gtr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:51   Link #1016
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Who is to say one (or more) of them aren't playing for the other side? There are 16 pieces...per side, in chess.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-08-05 at 21:02.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:53   Link #1017
metronome
Mad Loli

interesting theory
17 pieces, 16 pieces on the white side, and another 1 black piece that looks like white (while actually is black) and its other 15 black side hidden somewhere:P. You could say ronove, gaap, 7 stakes, including that goldsmith etc are the black piece as the counterpart of the white side.

well, bernkastel is not that good either, so she may be is one of the 2 chess player.
you guys are really creative ~~

if this umineko follows higurashi patterns, we gonna soon see that beatrice may not actually bad, like that oyashiro-sama from higurashi. people just use her and oyashiro for excuse of everything.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:57   Link #1018
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
who is to say one (or more) of them aren't playing for the other side? There are 16 pieces...per side, in chess.
I would consider Maria on the black side since she's all for witches and magic. And whether Kinzo is alive or not doesn't matter b/c he would be on Beato's side. That makes 16 for the white side.
Old 2009-08-05, 21:02   Link #1019
gtr06
Golden Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
interesting theory
17 pieces, 16 pieces on the white side, and another 1 black piece that looks like white (while actually is black) and its other 15 black side hidden somewhere:P. You could say ronove, gaap, 7 stakes, including that goldsmith etc are the black piece as the counterpart of the white side.

well, bernkastel is not that good either, so she may be is one of the 2 chess player.
you guys are really creative ~~

if this umineko follows higurashi patterns, we gonna soon see that beatrice may not actually bad, like that oyashiro-sama from higurashi. people just use her and oyashiro for excuse of everything.
I believe Beatrice was saying something about chess. I'm assuming she was talking about (if the humans were black pawns) black pieces being over black squares thus hiding themselves amongst each other.
gtr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:29   Link #1020
Azure Flane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
if you still want it, a summary was posted on the Umineko community @ LJ

http://twin-dreamers.livejournal.com/5948.html

It's not all that relevant at all, but it's pretty adorable.
What is this "White Day" that's being referred to? I browsed over the translation, but I was wondering how it fits into the Umineko story line. Is it a side story or something in Episode 5?
Azure Flane is offline   Reply With Quote