AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 17:28   Link #121
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Akuto your such a badass. Are all male mc's in Hobby such badasses?
Old 2013-05-14, 23:36   Link #122
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

anyone tried to open this novel from baks reader for android? Why is it that I can't find this novel from the list? Σ(´д`; )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 23:49   Link #123
alviam099

Try visiting other title's main pages, BT's main page doesn't have it.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 00:14   Link #124
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

no no, I don't have ptoblem reading it using my browser, but I can't read it using bakavreader since I can't find it on the list Σ(´д`; ). it's hard to read it without using baka reader for me the paragraph isn't fitted for my android monitor and trying to read it using my computer is hard too because it's too large

Old 2013-05-15, 00:45   Link #125
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
no no, I don't have ptoblem reading it using my browser, but I can't read it using bakavreader since I can't find it on the list Σ(´д`; ). it's hard to read it without using baka reader for me the paragraph isn't fitted for my android monitor and trying to read it using my computer is hard too because it's too large
What do you mean too large? Its perfectly fine. On any monitor. You know you can change the sizes of font right? The reader needs to be manually updated. Vol 1 just got finished a day ago. So if you read with your phone (which is pretty bad on your eyes) than you'll need to wait.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:37   Link #126
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

For you maybe it's fine, but for me the size and paragraph-fitting from baka reader are the one that's perfect for me. I have problems with my eyes (I don't know what it's called in english but my eyes can't stay focused after a period of time), so reading novels in my laptop always hurts my eyes (sometimes I got headache too). I can read the novels in my laptop but because I can't concentrate, I tend to skip long paragraphs in the novel. That's also why I tend to avoid long essay discussion in this forum; it's because I can't thoroughly reading it. In baka reader though, the text is condensed in a small screen so my point of view can be focused on that rather than the wide screen that my laptop has. The text size is also perfect for me that it's readable, not small enough to hurt my eyes and they fit my screen just fine.

For now I used my android to fit the text for my screen. The text is smaller than what I got from baka reader, and while it's not perfect for me, it's still readable compared to what I got for my laptop.

Old 2013-05-15, 05:34   Link #127
alviam099

I personally think that reading in phone is better, a computer screen's hurting my eyes when I'm reading. Just use the web browser of your phone if bakareader don't work, hell I use it sometimes.

Old 2013-05-15, 05:55   Link #128
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Telling the programmers to update the database.

Seriously, it's like I'm in charge of running everything there...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 11:30   Link #129
Drkz

Quote:
For you maybe it's fine, but for me the size and paragraph-fitting from baka reader are the one that's perfect for me. I have problems with my eyes (I don't know what it's called in english but my eyes can't stay focused after a period of time), so reading novels in my laptop always hurts my eyes (sometimes I got headache too). I can read the novels in my laptop but because I can't concentrate, I tend to skip long paragraphs in the novel. That's also why I tend to avoid long essay discussion in this forum; it's because I can't thoroughly reading it. In baka reader though, the text is condensed in a small screen so my point of view can be focused on that rather than the wide screen that my laptop has. The text size is also perfect for me that it's readable, not small enough to hurt my eyes and they fit my screen just fine.

For now I used my android to fit the text for my screen. The text is smaller than what I got from baka reader, and while it's not perfect for me, it's still readable compared to what I got for my laptop.
Than you'll either wait. Or learn coding cause they're only human. Its the same way as translations. They do it when they have time. They can't do everything at once. And you can't expect them to finish at the same day the translator finishes. The reader is a gift. It isn't mandatory for them to have it.

If you need to make the font bigger. Its ctrl + scroll wheel if you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Telling the programmers to update the database.

Seriously, it's like I'm in charge of running everything there...
HAH. I only remind them if its something I like.
Old 2013-05-15, 16:36   Link #130
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Sweet I can't believe this series is getting translated. I have wanted to read it since watching the anime but I had given up hope for anything to happen. Now I have some other stuff to look forward to when js06 is done translating NT7.
Old 2013-05-15, 18:40   Link #131
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
If you need to make the font bigger. Its ctrl + scroll wheel if you didn't know.
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter whether the font is big or not, as long as I read it in my laptop then it most certainly will hurt my eyes. I have...err, cross eyed (I think that's the name) which sometimes hurt when trying to read something.

Well anyway, looks like it's fixed now. Thanks teh_ping

The novel is pretty weird for me. I really like the first part of the novel; the exposition is really great and Akuto's monologue really gives off a good vibe for me. Then there's the start of harem antics which then somehow becoming weird.. it's like those things are forced to be written by the editor or something. I can't really explain it well, but it's not the same quality as the first part of the novel. Maybe it's because of the different atmosphere, but I can't help to feel there's something wrong with it.

The character is pretty good though, just like what I remembered from the anime. They don't really suffer from bad dialogue either.. I was scared that it'll be like Mahouka after Akuto's comment about getting a girlfriend

Can't wait for volume 2 translation hopefully he'll be back at it after index soon.

Old 2013-05-15, 20:32   Link #132
Drkz

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/fir...r-easy-readin/ You can try this than might help with the eye strain. But in that case shouldn't you have a special type of glasses? My uncle is crossed-eyed thats what he needs to wear.

The novel introduced a lot of things that the anime skipped. The fact Akuto can't really control his powers. The anime didn't state where he went after he left the orphanage. So far I think its pretty cool. Who knew the author was that in-depth. That Student Council President... seems like shes mischievous off the bat. Ichiban should get a second season!!
Old 2013-05-15, 21:29   Link #133
XFire
150% done

Quote:
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter whether the font is big or not, as long as I read it in my laptop then it most certainly will hurt my eyes. I have...err, cross eyed (I think that's the name) which sometimes hurt when trying to read something.

Well anyway, looks like it's fixed now. Thanks teh_ping

The novel is pretty weird for me. I really like the first part of the novel; the exposition is really great and Akuto's monologue really gives off a good vibe for me. Then there's the start of harem antics which then somehow becoming weird.. it's like those things are forced to be written by the editor or something. I can't really explain it well, but it's not the same quality as the first part of the novel. Maybe it's because of the different atmosphere, but I can't help to feel there's something wrong with it.

The character is pretty good though, just like what I remembered from the anime. They don't really suffer from bad dialogue either.. I was scared that it'll be like Mahouka after Akuto's comment about getting a girlfriend

Can't wait for volume 2 translation hopefully he'll be back at it after index soon.
I know what you mean. The antics involved don't really fit the characters. It's like the author came up with serious and in-depth characters, then had to throw them into harem comedy. But he can't bring himself to go all the way into gag material so we get this weird in-between thing.

Still above average in my opinion, but could have been better.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:08   Link #134
alviam099

Just found out that this has a manga, either way, it doesn't seem to follow the novels(or not)?

Old 2013-06-03, 16:31   Link #135
XFire
150% done

And thats two down. Having a fist fight with a dragon, thats a hell of a way to make some new friends.
Old 2013-06-08, 10:33   Link #136
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank Js06 for translating this forgotten gem of a light novel.

With you as the translator, I am safe to say it won't be forgotten again.

Can anyone tell me how many vols did the anime cover?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:31   Link #137
Drkz

Seems like 5. After 5 its gets interesting. But after 12 the authors pace slows down at a considerable pace...
Old 2013-06-09, 21:46   Link #138
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
prob is there arent even 3 volumes translated yet... And my little sister is so friggin slow at learning japanese, it'll take her years til she can translate em for me.

Does anybody know an estimate on how much effort / time you need to be able to read the raw LNs without knowing anything about japanese grammatics?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 23:44   Link #139
Used Can

With no knowledge of Japanese grammar? Not even the basics?
I don't think you'd be able to read LNs at all.

If I were you, I'd either study Japanese myself, or wait for my sister to know the basics and then buy her an electronic Japanese dictionary so that she can understand the kanji. And even then, if she hasn't been working on her reading skills she'll take a long time reading. In addition to that, if she only knows the basics she'll also have problems understanding some lines.
Old 2013-06-10, 03:40   Link #140
kagato3

well at least there is hope since some wonderful translators have picked the novels up and are translating at a fairly brisk pace of about 2 novels a month. (thanks again for that)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, shounen