AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 02:40   Link #121
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's... kind of a contradiction, isn't it? It never underwent any modifications, yet it has systems just as advanced as a second or third generation?
I think he meant that the core systems such as the black box, avionics and neural relays stay the same while the weapons and frames are changed. It is like the old M60 Patton tanks still being extensively modded in the 2nd Gulf War.

Quote:
Fighting is actually one of the few things that can get her awake during the day, but she quickly goes to find a bench to sleep on when the adrenaline wears off.
I think that is pure moe. The attitude of "I don't care about anything else during daytime other than sleep, so don't disturb me." is certainly adorable.

Though blasting the door open when the other girls accidentally locked her in the gym store while she is sleeping certainly makes good humour.

Quote:
Hmm, I'll see what I can conjure up. Been a while since I last did a good shop.
I was imagining her somewhere along the lines of Honoka Kawai of Sora Kake Girl. Though with a winged hairband and twin spiked ponytails and blue hair.

Quote:
Uppity when dealing with bad students? Ohh, I can use that.
Rachel dislikes Helena for sleeping in class and constantly moving around at night. On the other hand, the latter never held a grudge - basically because she never listened to the shouting and ranting anyway.

I am still exploring Rachel's dere-dere side.....she can't be that ice queen all the time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 09:43   Link #122
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

You've seen Karon and her crazy Imouto, now here's the teacher of Class 1-2 (and trying to avoid being harem'd), Saji Maximillan!

Sure Class 1-2 is noted for having apathetic star players, but the rest of the class are just like any of the other students in school. And unlike Ichika, Saji is actually dependable, mature and has silver hair!
Old 2011-02-09, 09:46   Link #123
John117xCortana

Which Unicorn were talking about in your previous post ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:28   Link #124
Setsuna Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And unlike Ichika, Saji is actually dependable, mature and has silver hair!
When did Ichika become immature and undependable?
Old 2011-02-09, 12:26   Link #125
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Lightbulb Nya~HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
When did Ichika become immature and undependable?
Good point there. Orimura Ichika might be irresponsible and a weebit dense, but that guy is great at appearing mature and totally dependable, even if the absurd situation of the day is making his balls curl up into the fetal position inside his super sexy spandex and AWESOME-tech armor. ...My opinion might change once the LN get scanslated, but that's my impression of the guy from the anime so far.

Unless he really is just straight up DENSE and IRRESPONSIBLE, which would explain his incredulous bravery, straighter than an arrow-man(?) demeanor, and head on "Can do!" impetuousness that lands him into some hot water every now and then... How can you be afraid when you're too oblivious to taste fear? Right?
Old 2011-02-09, 17:56   Link #126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Which Unicorn were talking about in your previous post ?
The Gundam and its attempts to snipe the Sinanju. It would be similar to the Merlion trying to hit the Nightfury if she stood at one spot blasting with a bazooka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Unless he really is just straight up DENSE and IRRESPONSIBLE, which would explain his incredulous bravery, straighter than an arrow-man(?) demeanor, and head on "Can do!" impetuousness that lands him into some hot water every now and then... How can you be afraid when you're too oblivious to taste fear? Right?
Being dense and irresponsible is part of the definition of being immature and unreliable... He makes up the unreliable part by surprisingly delivering results, but otherwise he's in all definitions has enough vulnerabilities to be a moe archetype for girls.

But that's just me. I made Saji after a mental experiment of what an otherwise normal man who happened to have superstar looks would experience when thrown into the ISA. And apparently, like IchiCharles shipping, those girls would be all for a teacher-student relationship. In this galge setting, it is the caring nature of the teacher and his greater knowledge, experience and maturity which endears himself to his students. Hence, the Three Stooges of Class 1-1 (they were never named were they?) marketed it as Saji's 'selling point'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
I guess that's all the info I can get onto Alex.
Babylon and JE, use that info as you please.
I can't unite this post with my last one because... Word limit has been exceeded. XD

(Perhaps one more story of him deploying in Belial might come if I have the time, but that's about it I guess)
HOLY EPIC BLUECHEESIUM BATMAN

It's been too long since I used that word!

Nice work, now I feel totally stressed out about my meager intro post. You got an entire 15 min of episode out!!
Old 2011-02-09, 18:35   Link #127
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

An IS OC thread... with a lot of awesome stuff going on!

But...

I'm unworthy!
Old 2011-02-09, 19:10   Link #128
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
An IS OC thread... with a lot of awesome stuff going on!

But...

I'm unworthy!
Unworthy?! NONSENSE!

I order you to volunteer! Share with us your drawing talents!!
Old 2011-02-09, 19:34   Link #129
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Unworthy?! NONSENSE!

I order you to volunteer! Share with us your drawing talents!!
*chuckles*
Don't worry, I'm working on two characters at the moment.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:16   Link #130
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
HOLY EPIC BLUECHEESIUM BATMAN

It's been too long since I used that word!

Nice work, now I feel totally stressed out about my meager intro post. You got an entire 15 min of episode out!!
Lol thanks. Introducing a new word to my meager vocabulary...
Anyways, was it you that did the drawing of Saji?
He looks like some sort of cross between the tech side of Saji Crossroad and the genius side of Maximillian Genius...
Interesting char. At least Alex won't mind having one male teacher in this female hell.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-28 at 11:26.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 22:54   Link #131
John117xCortana

Would he mind Edward ?
Old 2011-02-10, 02:25   Link #132
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for IS Pilot Suit vs AC Pilot Suit: A treatise on Armor:
Old 2011-02-10, 03:32   Link #133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

New character!

Spoiler for long:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-02-10 at 04:56.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:39   Link #134
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*chuckles*
Don't worry, I'm working on two characters at the moment.
Eeexcellent.

Quote:
Anyways, was it you that did the drawing of Saji?
He looks like some sort of cross between the tech side of Saji Crossroad and the genius side of Maximillian Genius...
I didn't. I danbooru'd for "male suit" and that was the best I found.

Now that I think of it, I think he needs a better name...

Quote:
Interesting char. At least Alex won't mind having one male teacher in this female hell.
Quote:
Would he mind Edward ?
...FIC IDEA!

Ichika, Saji, Alex and Edward have lunch at a table (Charles no longer counts) to find some peace. But in the eyes of their students, things aren't so plain. :3

*starts scribbling furiously*

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post

It goes to show how much the IS, for all its overpoweredness, lacks some principles of live combat. They really are great for space exploration, but it is only because of White Knight that people have become hung-up on it being some kind of weapon. And with all funds being pushed into that venture, IS is being turned into a weapon...

That is why [Shooting Star] exists. Bringing armed intervention to this cruel venture with-- *static*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
New character!

Spoiler for long:
...I believe someone I know will follow up with a Taeyeon-inspired OC.

And the unit reminds me of a certain Destiny somehow.

Lovely character and rich background as always. And that curry... Rachel challenges Karon to eat it, and she does... But with strange consequences.

I suggest Kitamura Eri for voice actor!

*scribbles some more!!*

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-10 at 08:30.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:28   Link #135
John117xCortana

Quote:
...FIC IDEA!

Ichika, Saji, Alex and Edward have lunch at a table (Charles no longer counts) to find some peace. But in the eyes of their students, things aren't so plain. :3

*starts scribbling furiously*
What are they thinking ?

Won't the others find it odd that Edward never lets any of them see him changing ? Or why he always wears long sleeve shirts/uniforms and long pants ?
Old 2011-02-10, 07:46   Link #136
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
So if I'm getting this right AC is apparently from the Battletech school of mecha design where in having cockpits that can get so hot as to be severely hazardous to a pilots health isn't seen as a glaring design flaw for which heads in engineering department should roll, but rather just a fact of life. I find it rather funny that this short seems to be poking fun at the IS guys for wearing bathing suits in combat while seemingly accepting the mecha guys having to wear portable refrigerators on their chests to keep from getting heatstroke in their mechs as entirely sensible...

Quote:
It goes to show how much the IS, for all its overpoweredness, lacks some principles of live combat.
Such as...? They have firepower, outstanding mobility, and passable protection they may not be utterly unstoppable but they'd be one fucking HELL of a force multiplier and they'd utterly dominate small scale engagements. You could deploy them as is with zero modifications and they'd instantly be highly effective in live combat.

Quote:
They really are great for space exploration, but it is only because of White Knight that people have become hung-up on it being some kind of weapon.
Yes I’m sure people being “hung up” on it being some kind of weapon has nothing to do with you know the high powered deadly weapons, high speed and mobility, energy shields and ability to be carried around with less effort then a damn pistol.

Quote:
And with all funds being pushed into that venture, IS is being turned into a weapon...
They're already a weapon they have god damn missiles, autocannons, and beam weapons with the firepower to destroy armored vehicles. This is like looking at a B-52 and going "my god they're turning airplanes into weapons!"

Last edited by Tk3997; 2011-02-10 at 08:06.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:09   Link #137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
What are they thinking ?
Ever heard of fujoshi vision? That is just one possibility.

Quote:
Won't the others find it odd that Edward never lets any of them see him changing ? Or why he always wears long sleeve shirts/uniforms and long pants ?
I'm sure Ichika would bring it up, given his experience with Charlotte...

Btw, is it safe to assume that Edward's IS and cybernetics mechanic is a certain Rockbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Such as...? They have firepower, outstanding mobility, and passable protection they may not be utterly unstoppable but they'd be one fucking HELL of a force multiplier and they'd utterly dominate small scale engagements. You could deploy them as is with zero modifications and they'd instantly be highly effective in live combat.
I stand correct.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:25   Link #138
John117xCortana

Quote:
Ever heard of fujoshi vision? That is just one possibility.
Nope. Never heard of that.

Quote:
I'm sure Ichika would bring it up, given his experience with Charlotte...
If Ichika thinks Edward is a girl he's gonna punch Ichika with his right hand and would most likely knock him unconscious.

Quote:
Btw, is it safe to assume that Edward's IS and cybernetics mechanic is a certain Rockbell?
Trisha is the one who designed and made the Night Fury. Edward works on completing, modifying it and provide maintenence. His cybernetic right arm and left leg ? Winry Rockbell.

Any idea how to introduce the Night Fury to the others ?
Old 2011-02-10, 09:39   Link #139
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Nope. Never heard of that.
This is going to take a while to explain... Something along the lines of a mistaken delusion of homosexual pairing...?

Quote:
If Ichika thinks Edward is a girl he's gonna punch Ichika with his right hand and would most likely knock him unconscious.
Oh yes. Sooo going to happen.

Quote:
Trisha is the one who designed and made the Night Fury. Edward works on completing, modifying it and provide maintenence. His cybernetic right arm and left leg ? Winry Rockbell.

Any idea how to introduce the Night Fury to the others ?
Got it.

A battle to show things off might work. Though I need to wait for the anime to develop more on the post-Charles/Charlotte events before I can comment how to work Night Fury in.

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Spoiler for IS: Shooting Star - Shift 1.1 - "Fairy Dancing":
Old 2011-02-10, 10:06   Link #140
John117xCortana

Quote:
This is going to take a while to explain... Something along the lines of a mistaken delusion of homosexual pairing...?
Okay. Thats something I didn't want to know.

Quote:
Oh yes. Sooo going to happen.
Since Edward hits Ichika with his metal arm it's gonna leave a hard to hide bruise and it would probably hurt a LOT. Ichika might wonder how Edward could hit him so hard.

Quote:
Got it.
This Winry acts pretty much the same as the manga verse Winry. Except she has only known Edward for a few years. About the time Edward got his new arm and leg.

Quote:
A battle to show things off might work. Though I need to wait for the anime to develop more on the post-Charles/Charlotte events before I can comment how to work Night Fury in.
How about during the battle between Ichika and Laura ?

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2011-02-10 at 10:24.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest