Notices

Old 2014-12-16, 03:47   Link #1041
Dextro
He Without a Title

What?!? Steins;Gate in English on mah vita? Day 1 purchase for me! :-D
Old 2014-12-16, 21:18   Link #1042
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy coming west in spring 2015.

OMGOMG. Best surprise of the day.
Old 2014-12-17, 00:36   Link #1043
Cyprene

It's not as good as Demon Gaze but it's still a fun game. Look forward to it.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 01:18   Link #1044
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I.... Don't think that genre is for me
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 01:53   Link #1045
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Does it has dating sim element in it?
Old 2014-12-17, 05:46   Link #1046
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I.... Don't think that genre is for me
Well, I used to think like that, until I played Demon Gaze. Now I'm playing Etrian Odyssey and could feel comfortable of the genre.
Old 2014-12-17, 12:08   Link #1047
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
i really like Demon Gaze type of gameplay. hope this one will also
be just as good. can't wait for when Demon Gaze 2 coming out whenever.
Old 2014-12-17, 22:11   Link #1048
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm still waiting for Dungeon Travelers 2 to come out in English. As fanservice heavy as it looks, the game is supposed to be really good for DRPG genre.
Old 2014-12-25, 16:54   Link #1049
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have got a Vita TV and yes, an HDMI to component/VGA converter box seems to work with it as it remove HDCP. I decided to get a converter since I don't want to get another capture card since the HD PVR still works... but hopefully this will improve the quality a bit over the component cables. Even works on the PS3 and possibly the PS4.

Obviously, I haven't had a chance to play with it since hackers brought the PSN down.

Old 2015-01-02, 16:09   Link #1050
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Clock Tower spiritual successor titled Night Cry

Quote:
Project Scissors, the spiritual successor to Clock Tower from series creator Hifumi Kouno, is called Night Cry, Nude Maker announced.

The horror game is coming to PS Vita, iOS, and Android. It is set aboard a luxury cruise liner in the middle of the ocean. But as the ship sails, a series of gruesome and mysterious murders begin to take place, including the ship’s crew, and the ship is soon adrift at sea. As a passenger trapped on the ship, the player is tasked with solving the murder mystery to ensure both their survival and the survival of the “innocent” passengers.

A 30-second live action teaser directed by Takashi Shimizu, known for his work as director on The Grudge series, can be watched below.
Old 2015-02-12, 01:40   Link #1051
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Helldivers, and more PS Vita titles set for spring release

Quote:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Helldivers, Shovel Knight, and Titan Souls are all planned for release in spring 2015, a new PS Vita promotional video reveals.

I'm getting Oreshika, Toukiden Kiwami, Helldivers and Shovel Knight. Maybe Titan Souls.
Old 2015-02-15, 02:39   Link #1052
Five_Overs

I'm surprised sony actually remembered the vita. Getting oreshika, toukiden kiwami, operation abyss, and tokyo twilight ghost hunters.
Old 2015-02-15, 06:03   Link #1053
Dextro
He Without a Title

PS Vita doesn't deserve bad reputation - Drinkbox

Quote:
"If people don't see the Vita doing the same number of sales as the 3DS, then it's automatically a failure," McQuinn said. "But I think what people fail to understand is the purchasers of Vitas are very, very engaged game consumers. For them, the attach rate with games is very high. There might not be a lot of Vitas out there, but the people who do own Vitas are very serious consumers; they buy a lot of games."
Emphasis mine. I would actually love to see Sony share some attach rate numbers for the Vita. I'm guessing they are insanely huge compared to virtually every console before it. Does anyone remember another console that might beat the Vita for attach rate?
Old 2015-02-15, 06:09   Link #1054
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah this isn't the first time I've heard of the vita's high attached rate as well. It's apparently a lot more than the 3DS Despite having only a fraction of the library.
Old 2015-02-15, 10:08   Link #1055
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Really? Well Vita should be giving us more games if consumers are buying that much games. I honesty haven't touch my Vita in a long ass time beside the occasional remote-play.
Old 2015-02-15, 10:24   Link #1056
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Really? Well Vita should be giving us more games if consumers are buying that much games. I honesty haven't touch my Vita in a long ass time beside the occasional remote-play.
There are tons of Vita games, but they're mostly either indies or niche Japanese games like dungeon crawlers and hunting games. Most of those games are also on the PS4, but they're cheaper on the Vita and 'feels' better to play on.

It's like for the most enthusiastic of otaku gamers.
Old 2015-02-15, 10:45   Link #1057
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
There are tons of Vita games, but they're mostly either indies or niche Japanese games like dungeon crawlers and hunting games. Most of those games are also on the PS4, but they're cheaper on the Vita and 'feels' better to play on.

It's like for the most enthusiastic of otaku gamers.
Man, if Sony was savvy and smart, they could have just market the Vita purely for those gamers like in a major anime con or something.
Old 2015-02-15, 11:22   Link #1058
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Man, if Sony was savvy and smart, they could have just market the Vita purely for those gamers like in a major anime con or something.
Realistically speaking I don't think there's a lot of people buying Anime games outside of Japan.

You'll get the occasional SAO and FSN but everything else the market is still local Japanese Otakus.

Of course, then Dengeki Bunko happened...
Old 2015-02-15, 12:26   Link #1059
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Realistically speaking I don't think there's a lot of people buying Anime games outside of Japan.

You'll get the occasional SAO and FSN but everything else the market is still local Japanese Otakus.

Of course, then Dengeki Bunko happened...
I don't think you have a large amount of people in any given place no. However that's exactly why I think the Vita might just be unprecedented. We're now at the point where buying digitally is generally better accepted thanks to years of Steam, XBLA and alike training the public to download to "own" and that can only benefit niche titles. If you stock something like Sword Art Online on your local Gamestop it's unlikely to ever sell out so the cost of doing a large scale distribution won't pan out but if you release it digitally people who want the game will be more likely to get it and the overall publishing costs will be lower. This is particularly true in Europe where different countries have different requirements that get heavily multiplied cost-wise when trying to physically release a game over so many different countries and languages. Just 3 or 4 years ago would anyone even think that games like Project Diva or Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax would be getting an overseas release like they did/are getting?

Now if only Sony would drop the prices of those memory cards...
Old 2015-03-23, 01:36   Link #1060
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So, apparently the world on the streets is that Vita has been selling good in China.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv